Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Centers to watch in bowl games over the next few days
(12-30-2015, 02:18 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Prospect, School, Projected Round, Bowl Game, Time

Ryan Kelly, Alabama 2nd, Cotton Bowl (Thursday 8 PM) 

Nick Martin, Notre Dame 2nd, Fiesta Bowl  (Friday 1 PM) 
Jack Allen, Michigan State 3rd, Cotton Bowl  (Thursday 8 PM) 
Max Tuerk, USC 3rd - 4th round, Holiday Bowl (Wednesday/tonight 10:30 PM) 
Dan Voltz, Wisconsin 3rd - 4th round, Holiday Bowl (Wednesday/tonight 10:30 PM)  Forgot he had a season ending knee injury and is a Jr. and may not declare. Too bad - after Zeitler, I believe in Wisconsin as a good place to go for OL. 

Edit: Added in Max Tuerk

Edit 2: Fixed Voltz, who won't play tonight

Something of note and interesting...Ryan Kelly went to Lakota West. Hometown ties!

Also, Ryan Kelly only had one committed penalty all during the regular season and it was not for holding.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2015/12/10/lakota-west-grad-ryan-kelly-wins-rimington-trophy/77124166/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

That'd be a HUGE improvement over Bodine, who has had seven penalties this season, five of which have been holding.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BodiRu00/penalties/2015/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Personally, I have seen improvements in Bodine and have not seen any indications that these improvements will not continue. I feel safe saying that center is most likely not as high on the Bengals draft boards as some around here would seem to indicate.
Reply/Quote
I like Kelly or Martin. But, I seriously doubt the Bengals draft a center in rounds one or 2 as I see needs as:

WR (unless we get Jones or Sanu signed)
CB (unless we bring back Jones or Hall)
LB or DE or DT (I could see us drafting a guy like J. Smith (3 down LB) if he slides due to his injury in round 1. I could see us drafting a DE or DT also if a stud is sitting there.

The good news is depending how our off season signings go (and we do have lots of money to ante back up on our guys), we will not have a major weakness again heading into the off season (other than center) in my opinion
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think they need to take a center or guard regardless of Bodine's standing. They are incredibly thin depth-wise on the interior.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get that you don't want a favorite compared to a hated, but the draft profiles are similar. To say the 2 are "not even close" may not speak to objectivity. I like Boehm and would love to take him later in the draft; however, using the terms stubby and powerful could easily describe either of the two.

That's why I'm taking a look at the longer more athletic Centers. Long and athletic cannot be used to describe Boehm or Bodine; however, stubby and powerful can. It's just you consider Boehm more powerful. 
I'd like to take two.  I like Boehm - and I agree with Royle that Bodine has not been strong at the point of attack.   I think we could pick up Tuerk in the 3rd and Boehm in the 4th.  I don't like any of our centers.  Johnson is not a good backup.   Boehm sounds intriguing for what he can do in the ground game and Tuerk is just an intriguing prospect that may be the best center in the long run.
Reply/Quote
That Alabama center is pretty darn good.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/cody-whitehair?id=2555132

Reading up on NFL.com's summary of Cody Whitehair. Some seem to think he could play Center, but he would cost a much higher pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 09:05 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Personally, I have seen improvements in Bodine and have not seen any indications that these improvements will not continue. I feel safe saying that center is most likely not as high on the Bengals draft boards as some around here would seem to indicate.

That would be my guess. 

The guys I talk to that played say that it his problems are less a strength thing than a technique thing.  I wouldn't know.  But I doubt the Bengals spend a 2nd round pick on a center. 

My guess is they'll consider one they really like at 3 but probably not look for one until 4.   I could see them being intrigued by a guy like Glascow or even Tuerk (two different types of center, the first being very strong, the other being very athletic) in the 4th - if they are there.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 09:05 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Personally, I have seen improvements in Bodine and have not seen any indications that these improvements will not continue. I feel safe saying that center is most likely not as high on the Bengals draft boards as some around here would seem to indicate.

Name them.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Name them.

Uhhh....do you see who you're asking? Do you think you'll get a legit answer?

On a side note, I noticed that the OP mentioned Wisconsin as a place to get an OL. That really seems like an overrated thought. Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler, and Travis Fredrick. That seems to be it for good OL in the NFL. Carimi flopped, Moffit is gone, Konz was a bust, Urbik put together a couple of good season in Buffalo before falling off.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Uhhh....do you see who you're asking? Do you think you'll get a legit answer?

On a side note, I noticed that the OP mentioned Wisconsin as a place to get an OL. That really seems like an overrated thought. Joe Thomas, Kevin Zeitler, and Travis Fredrick. That seems to be it for good OL in the NFL. Carimi flopped, Moffit is gone, Konz was a bust, Urbik put together a couple of good season in Buffalo before falling off.

That's why I asked.

And I agree about Wisky. 
But that's really all it takes, is a few really good players to change a dynamic view of the program.
The best LT in the NFL. The best C in the NFL. And a top 5 RG in the NFL will do wonders for your program. 

Also, Havenstein had a very impressive rookie year. He's better than I ever thought he would have been.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Uhhh....do you see who you're asking? Do you think you'll get a legit answer?

(02-09-2016, 05:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's why I asked.

And I agree about Wisky. 
But that's really all it takes, is a few really good players to change a dynamic view of the program.
The best LT in the NFL. The best C in the NFL. And a top 5 RG in the NFL will do wonders for your program. 

Also, Havenstein had a very impressive rookie year. He's better than I ever thought he would have been.

When i watched Arkansas this year everyone was raving about their OL and comparing it to the old Wisconsin OL.

Big, strong and athletic. Could be BS...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When i watched Arkansas this year everyone was raving about their OL and comparing it to the old Wisconsin OL.

Big, strong and athletic. Could be BS...

They have a few talented blockers. 
I like their LT who will be a guard in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 04:23 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They have a few talented blockers. 
I like their LT who will be a guard in the NFL

Any of their guys gonna be in this Draft?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Any of their guys gonna be in this Draft?

Sebastian Tretola 
Denver Kirkland
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 04:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sebastian Tretola 
Denver Kirkland

Thanks man.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 04:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sebastian Tretola 
Denver Kirkland

What do you think of Tretola?   Sounds like he's a beast in the running game.  Is he good enough in pass blocking to consider?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 12:19 PM)3wt Wrote: What do you think of Tretola?   Sounds like he's a beast in the running game.  Is he good enough in pass blocking to consider?

Well he's a guard. Unless he can also snap we probably won't even look at that position until 5th round or later. 
Reply/Quote