Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Observations of Ex-Bengals
Isn't it ironic how 2 of 3 ex-Bengal coaches, now Head Coaches, are kicking butt? ( Zimmer and Gruden)

And what about Whitworth?? ?

Funny how refusing to keep these 3 guys and promoting 2 of them is coming back to bite MB on his backside! ?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Isn't it ironic how 2 of 3 ex-Bengal coaches, now Head Coaches, are kicking butt?  ( Zimmer and Gruden)

And what about Whitworth?? ?

Funnyhow refusing to keep these 3 guys and promoting 2 of them is coming back to bite MB on his backside! ?

Funny?

BTW Gruden has a worse record than Marvin since he left.  Zimmer has had some regular season success but struggled in post season like Marvin.  He won one playoff game on an absolute miracle and in the other two he has blown a 2 score lead in the fourth quarter and gotten blown out at home by a team they were supposed to beat.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer has done more than Marvin in a third of the time!

Please stop defending Marvin he has done nothing in Primetime, nothing in the Post Season and cant get the team to play with any guts and passion
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I'd take 1-2 over 0-7 in post season action, any day of the week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Marv gets a ton of underserved shit around here but I would take Zimmer or Hue over him any day of the week. I don't think either puts up with the BS that Brown has put Marvin through. I also no that 2015 meltdown doesn't happen with Zimmer on sideline instead of Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marv gets a ton of underserved shit around here but I would take Zimmer or Hue over him any day of the week.  I don't think either puts up with the BS that Brown has put Marvin through. I also no that 2015 meltdown doesn't happen with Zimmer on sideline instead of Marvin.

I understand Zimmer but how can people still say they would take Hue over Marvin? Hue has literally been one of the worst head football coaches ever the last few years. Should they have won another game or two this year? Yea of course. But he has made just as many coaching blunders/mismanagement as Marvin ever has.  He's not a good head coach. He's just not people, get off his you know what just because he did some good things as an OC. 
Reply/Quote
Point being, the ONLY person who has the authority to keep these guys, is Mike Brown.

IMHO, until he either walks away as owner OR hires a football mind GM and stays in his office and plays computer games, things will never change with this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Marv gets a ton of underserved shit around here but I would take Zimmer or Hue over him any day of the week.  I don't think either puts up with the BS that Brown has put Marvin through. I also no that 2015 meltdown doesn't happen with Zimmer on sideline instead of Marvin.

Zimmer has HC and Hue as OC...I would take that myself
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Hue is the the new Lebeau - far better coordinator than HC.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Hue sucks and most know this. Good lord, he is a shorter version of Bratkowski.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny?

BTW Gruden has a worse record than Marvin since he left.  Zimmer has had some regular season success but struggled in post season like Marvin.  He won one playoff game on an absolute miracle and in the other two he has blown a 2 score lead in the fourth quarter and gotten blown out at home by a team they were supposed to beat.

Redskins played in one playoff game under Gruden.

As far as Zimmer ... you're leaving out the fact that he is winning and making the playoffs with a whole lot less talent than the Bengals have, and if the FG kicker had made the chip shot two years ago, they would have won that game as well.

Zimmer is no nonsense.  His kicker this year missed 2 FGs and he canned him.

Hue also canned his FG kicker after 4 misses, two of which would have won games and the Browns would be 4-3 as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:33 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I understand Zimmer but how can people still say they would take Hue over Marvin? Hue has literally been one of the worst head football coaches ever the last few years. Should they have won another game or two this year? Yea of course. But he has made just as many coaching blunders/mismanagement as Marvin ever has.  He's not a good head coach. He's just not people, get off his you know what just because he did some good things as an OC. 

His first two years in Cleveland were disasters  because the front office wanted to Tank. Now that he has a GM that wants to win there actually competing and are much better than their record would indicate. Also Hue and Andy had a phenomenal relationship that I don't think Andy has ever gotten over 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
But we dodged a bullet not promoting that Jackson guy. Hell we could have promoted that Vance Joseph guy; he hasn't completely ruined the Broncos yet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Zimmer yes.

Gruden/Hue meh.

I think letting Zimmer go is another one of those "what if" moments that will go down in the history of this franchise along with Cook, the Saints draft, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:40 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Zimmer yes.

Gruden/Hue meh.

I think letting Zimmer go is another one of those "what if" moments that will go down in the history of this franchise along with Cook, the Saints draft, etc.

This is all what us couch owners would do with the Bengals.

Bottom line is yes, Lewis should go, but do you have confidence that Brown will hire a football mind, let him have his staff, and run the football part of it?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This is all what us couch owners would do with the Bengals.

Bottom line is yes, Lewis should go, but do you have confidence that Brown will hire a football mind, let him have his staff, and run the football part of it?

That's why passing up in-house talent (especially Zimmer who wasn't homegrown talent so to speak) hurts so bad. Brown probably would have had the trust to give Zimmer some of the autonomy afforded to Lewis.

It has become more and more apparent blantantly obvious that Marvin Lewis is not the solution here. He brought the Bengals out of the dumpster and deserves a lot of credit for that. But while Marvin Lewis 1.0 brought us back to relevance, and Marvin Lewis 2.0 had us as a regular contender for a time, the first 7 games of Marvin Lewis 3.0 is shaping up to be the exact same thing. A team/roster with great potential that will never be realized and never kick down the door to being a top AFC squad.

So while there's a chance Brown wouldn't hire someone better, after 14 years I'll take a chance, however remote, on getting out of this Groundhog Day situation we find ourselves in with Lewis.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Saints and Colts fans wish Jim Mora and "the good ol' days" never left town. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I can’t believe there are seriously people that would want Hue as our HC. He makes Marvin look like Belichick. I knew he was bad, but watching him on Hard Knocks must have been downright painful for Browns fans. He has no business being a HC.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: As far as Zimmer ... you're leaving out the fact that he is winning and making the playoffs with a whole lot less talent than the Bengals have, 

Zimmer took over a team that was just one year removed from making the playoffs and he has more good players than Marvin.  Last year he had seven starters selected to the Pro Bowl with two of them being All Pro.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zimmer took over a team that was just one year removed from making the playoffs and he has more good players than Marvin.  Last year he had seven starters selected to the Pro Bowl with two of them being All Pro.

https://thevikingage.com/2017/12/19/vikings-2018-pro-bowl-selections/

Four players according to this.

Twist and slant all you want, Zimmer gets the best from his team, and they get selected to the pro bowl based upon the fan voting and mostly on what kind of year they had.

I'm not going to argue because opinions are like elbows ... everybody has one!!
Reply/Quote