Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Talking Heads Give SB Champion Predictions
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694565/article/super-bowl-li-predictions-a-fifth-ring-for-tom-bradys-patriots

I rarely give this stuff the time of day, but I have to admit, sometimes the 'Talking Heads' can be entertaining, at best,

Here's how these 20 'Heads' see this year's SB champions:

Patriots - 5 votes

Steelers and Packers - 4 votes

Cardinals and Seahawks - 3 votes

Panthers - 1 vote
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 01:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000694565/article/super-bowl-li-predictions-a-fifth-ring-for-tom-bradys-patriots

I rarely give this stuff the time of day, but I have to admit, sometimes the 'Talking Heads' can be entertaining, at best,

Here's how these 20 'Heads' see this year's SB champions:

Patriots - 5 votes

Steelers and Packers - 4 votes

Cardinals and Seahawks - 3 votes

Panthers - 1 vote

What I'd expect and, honestly, I don't think the spread or choices are unreasonable in the slightest.
Reply/Quote
Dallas making the SB was kinda funny.

Reply/Quote
I bet the Steelers don't even make the post-season.

How many games will Ben be out? That's almost a gimme.

Bell is a moron/injury proned.

Who's gonna replace Heath Miller? Jesse James? Their big FA that is sidelined with headaches and hasn't touched the field in a Steelers uni?

Hey guess what Bryant is a moron too.

Antwan Blake is their starting CB. (That should've made you chuckle.)

Their defense is a shell of its former self in general.
Reply/Quote
Wow predicting the Patriots to win a Super Bowl?!??!?!? Now thats a stretch Ninja
Reply/Quote
I guess the Patriots will win every game with Tom Brady, right? 12-4? He doesn't walk on water folks. He looked like hot garbage in the pre season. Not saying he will be, but our team has beaten him before.
Reply/Quote
There has to come a time when you say enough..

I've been giving the Patriots the benefit of the doubt for a while now, but with a 39 year old quarterback who's missing 4 games, I cant this year.

Im selling on New England.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 02:11 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I bet the Steelers don't even make the post-season.

How many games will Ben be out? That's almost a gimme.

Bell is a moron/injury proned.

Who's gonna replace Heath Miller? Jesse James? Their big FA that is sidelined with headaches and hasn't touched the field in a Steelers uni?

Hey guess what Bryant is a moron too.

Antwan Blake is their starting CB. (That should've made you chuckle.)

Their defense is a shell of its former self in general.

Agree,

I don't believe the Steelers are in any way a playoff lock, let alone a Super Bowl contender. Behind the big 3 they're pretty thin.

I'd say at best they're a wildcard contender. And that's if they can stay healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: There has to come a time when you say enough..

I've been giving the Patriots the benefit of the doubt for a while now, but with a 39 year old quarterback who's missing 4 games, I cant this year.

I don't think that time is this year though.  My guess is they go either 2-2 or even 3-1 with Garrapolo.  Then Brady is going to be a man on a mission when he gets back.  They have gone to at least the AFC Championship game for the past five years... it's hard to argue they are going to fall off a cliff this year.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are not winning the SB and Big Ben does not have many years left.

Will be surprised to see him finish season healthy unless he changes to a Brady sty;le and gets the ball out quickly.

But he is a tough guy and will always try to make something happen when there is a breakdown.

This is his downfall at his age and with Geno in the division.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
All of you bitching about the Bengals not being in the discussion, what have they really done to earn being in that discussion?

The Pats and Steelers both win in the playoffs. They get it done. The Bengals have not.

Until the Bengals win a playoff game, they dont deserve to be in talks to win the Super Bowl.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Steelers barely lost to the Broncos last year in the playoffs and they were without Bell and Brown and had a hurt Ben. I think that's what's fueling alot of the Steeler Super Bowl predictions.

Like it or not, they are a very good team who can win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All of you bitching about the Bengals not being in the discussion, what have they really done to earn being in that discussion?

The Pats and Steelers both win in the playoffs. They get it done. The Bengals have not.

Until the Bengals win a playoff game, they dont deserve to be in talks to win the Super Bowl.

Couldn't agree more !

But in the same breath I just don't see how many think the Steelers are this surefire playoff team. I've heard many say 12 - 4 and a couple say Steelers will be 14 - 2 and I just don't see that.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:47 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: There has to come a time when you say enough..

Yep. Father time is undefeated and if there's any year where the Pats dynasty starts to tumble, it's the year where their 39 year old QB is suspended for 25% of the season. I think they'll have a winning record, but they won't be 14-2 and competing for home-field throughout. More like 10-6 and an early playoff exit. Then 2017 will be the big decline for Brady.

I'm also selling on the Steelers. Suspensions to Bryant (full season), Bell (3 games), Heath's retirement, injuries to Ledarius Green and Bud Dupree, the secondary is so atrocious they're trading for busts from the Browns. Then you have Ben throwing hella picks and he's always good for a few missed games every year. I'm calling 8-8.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 04:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All of you bitching about the Bengals not being in the discussion, what have they really done to earn being in that discussion?

I just went through all the posts and did not see anyone make a claim that the Bengals should be one of the teams???

Again, I will say it, it's NOT about winning playoff games!!  Out of the twenty votes 16 votes were for teams that have won the SB more than just once!!

I think the last 4 votes, should be reversed.  3 for Carolina, and 1 for Cardinals.  Carolina just played in the SB, and Cardinals lost game 2.
Reply/Quote
Still believe in Bengals but get why the experts are not predicting SB for them.

Even besides playoff win draught.

First of all a small market team with a small fan base does not move radar ratings needle very far.

Plus departures of Leon Hall, Andre Smith, Sanu, Marvin Jones, Reggie Nelson, and new OC again.

Piled on top of Eiferts and LaFells uncertainty along with Burficts suspension make the Bengals question marks as to what they will do this year.

Still think the defense will dominate up front and offense will show mettle until gelling and get the job done enough to be major player by years ending.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Part of the Patriots success is the weak division they are in.  Look at the AFC East and AFC North comparisons since 2003:

Year  1st Record Record  2nd
2003  Pats   14-2   10-6      Dolphins
2004  Pats   14-2   10-6      Jets
2005  Pats   10-6    9-7       Dolphins
2006  Pats   12-4   10-6      Jets
2007  Pats   16-0     7-9      Bills
2008  Dolphins 11-5 11-5   Pats  (Year Brady was out)
2009  Pats   10-6     9-7     Jets
2010  Pats   14-2    11-5    Jets
2011  Pats   13-3     8-8     Jets
2012  Pats   12-4     7-9     Dolphins
2013  Pats   12-4     8-8     Jets
2014  Pats   12-4     9-7     Bills
2015  Pats   12-4    10-6    Jets

Year  1st Record Record  2nd
2003  Bal      10-6      8-8     Cin
2004  Pitt      11-5      9-7     Bal 
2005  Cin      11-5     11-5    Pitt
2006  Bal      13-3       8-8    Pitt
2007  Pitt      10-6     10-6    Clev
2008  Pitt      12-4     11-5    Bal
2009  Cin      10-6       9-7    Bal
2010  Pitt      12-4     12-4    Bal
2011  Bal      12-4     12-4    Pitt
2012  Bal      10-6     10-6    Cin
2013  Cin      11-5      8-8     Pitt
2014  Pitt      11-5    10-5-1  Cin
2015  Cin      12-4      10-6   Pitt
Reply/Quote

The Steelers have one win in the playoffs since 2010. In a game we handed them on a silver platter. Not exactly a culture of playoff success in recent years. 

Reply/Quote

The Steelers have one playoff win in the past five years, and that was the one we handed to them.

I don't have an issue with the Bengals not being in the discussion, but the Steelers being up there in the discussion is a joke.  It's mainly due to them being a popular team, not because they have a realistic shot.
Reply/Quote
It's funny because both the Steelers and the Patriots will miss the post season.
Reply/Quote