Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Wild Bengals Playoff Scenarios
With still four weeks in the regular season for most teams, there are still some outlandish playoff scenarios. I think I'm addicted to to that playoff simulator thingy. lol

A couple of fun ones:

A 11-win Bengals team could travel to Vegas to play a 9-win Raiders team in a rematch of the '21 game. Of course, this requires us to win out, the Chiefs to lose out, and the Raiders to win out.

The Bengals could still grab the #1 seed. This would , of course, require the Bengals winning out, the Ravens losing out, the Dolphins to lose three of four, and the Browns to lose a couple.

I LOVE this time of year!!! Thanks, QB6 !!!

What are some of favorite wild scenarios?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Yeah I won't touch that simulator thing, I can't keep track of all the teams that need to lose to help the bengals at this point. They need to win out and that's the only control they have! If Browning wins out they'll have a 6 game win streak going into the playoffs, just running them off like Burrow did.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:54 PM)Science Friction Wrote: With still four weeks in the regular season for most teams, there are still some outlandish playoff scenarios. I think I'm addicted to to that playoff simulator thingy. lol

A couple of fun ones:

A 11-win Bengals team could travel to Vegas to play a 9-win Raiders team in a rematch of the '21 game. Of course, this requires us to win out, the Chiefs to lose out, and the Raiders to win out.

The Bengals could still grab the #1 seed. This would , of course, require the Bengals winning out, the Ravens losing out, the Dolphins to lose three of four, and the Browns to lose a couple.

I LOVE this time of year!!! Thanks, QB6 !!!

What are some of favorite wild scenarios?

Wild doesn’t do those justice lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wild doesn’t do those justice lol

I agree. But don't totally dismiss the second one. The Ravens have a tough remaining schedule(at Jacksonville, at 49'ers, Dolphins, Pittsburgh). Conceivable they could lose the first three and Pitt always seems to play them tough, no matter what.  Dolphins can't be trusted to win 2 of 4. Browns could lose a couple.

<1% probably, but not impossible.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:07 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I agree. But don't totally dismiss the second one. The Ravens have a tough remaining schedule(at Jacksonville, at 49'ers, Dolphins, Pittsburgh). Conceivable they could lose the first three and Pitt always seems to play them tough, no matter what.  Dolphins can't be trusted to win 2 of 4. Browns could lose a couple.

<1% probably, but not impossible.

Thanks didn’t know the Ravens had that. It is tough.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I was looking at one this morning where... before today' games... we were meeting the Chiefs in the 1st round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I was looking at one this morning where... before today' games... we were meeting the Chiefs in the 1st round.

Yep, that could definitely happen.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool

I just hope we get in. One game at a time

Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:21 PM)Whacked Wrote: Pretty cool

I just hope we get in. One game at a time

Who Dey.

Yep. I'll take any spot in the Dance.  Anything can happen once you're dancing.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:29 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yep. I'll take any spot in the Dance.  Anything can happen once you're dancing.

Werddd
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:29 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yep. I'll take any spot in the Dance.  Anything can happen once you're dancing.

[Image: 806d34e5-27e2-4c25-991d-5af081fca84a_text.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine if the team didn't start the season as a sh*t show.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yep, that could definitely happen.

"Browninghead" here we come! 
Reply/Quote
wut does the simulator say now
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:17 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I was looking at one this morning where... before today' games... we were meeting the Chiefs in the 1st round.

I think that's pretty likely if we make it in. If we're in, it's likely as #7 I'd think. Chiefs are a pretty likely #2.

OP... as said 'wild' doesn't do those scenarios justice lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:23 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I think that's pretty likely if we make it in.

Mehh.

If we win out - we are definitely in (I think).

If we lose only 1 game - probably

2 losses - probably not.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:37 PM)Whacked Wrote: Mehh.

If we win out - we are definitely in (I think).

If we lose only 1 game - probably

2 losses - probably not.

Thinking we need to win out. We have always beaten up on the NFC, but our conference record sucks and our division record is absolutely horrible and we will not have a winning record in those, regardless. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly- probably better that the Ravens win tonight. Put jags at 8-6 and if somehow Texans steal that division we would have tie breaker on another wildcard team.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 08:54 PM)Destro Wrote: Thinking we need to win out.

Would love to! Sure would make things easier. lol

Just don’t think we will. But who knows.

Doubtful that the other teams we’re competing with win out too though and good for us.

Heck, the almighty Stains almost lost to the Bears.

Lowly Titans almost knocked off the Texans (granted, no Stroud)

Bills crushed the Cowboys? Didn’t see that one coming.

So much craziness going on and thus, uncertainty.

Fun to watch ….. and equally unnerving lol
Reply/Quote
Word.....Just get in!

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote