Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some bittersweet news
I just found out last week that my old elementary school is set to be demolished for a condo complex sometime within the next year. The building has stood for 86 years (since 1929). It closed as an elementary school following the 92-93 year and was used  as an alternative school by the Kenton County (KY) School District, and also to house offices for the local community college near where I live. I remember throwing up in the cafeteria when I was in the 4th grade.
Reply/Quote
Why is it "bittersweet? You sound nostalgic, so it seems like it would just be bad news. What's the good part of this to make it bitterweet?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Why is it "bittersweet?  You sound nostalgic, so it seems like it would just be bad news.  What's the good part of this to make it bitterweet?

Maybe he purchased a condo.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like your only personal memory of the place, was a bad one. Where is the bitter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They tore down my elementary school a couple of years ago and built a new one in its place. Things change and you gotta move on. Actually, it was a pretty ignorant move on the school district's part. They decided to rebuild almost every school in the district... at the same time. The schools weren't that old (@40-50 years). Now, they can't get school levies passed because tax payers already had to pay to support the new schools.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 11:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe he purchased a condo.

Yeah, and he probably threw up in that, too LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 09:09 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: I just found out last week that my old elementary school is set to be demolished for a condo complex sometime within the next year. The building has stood for 86 years (since 1929). It closed as an elementary school following the 92-93 year and was used  as an alternative school by the Kenton County (KY) School District, and also to house offices for the local community college near where I live. I remember throwing up in the cafeteria when I was in the 4th grade.

small world.  I did a drive by of my old elementary school on Saturday and there was a sign out front about the proposed demolition and development of a bunch of semi detached homes.

maybe i should buy one.  I still like the old hood.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 12:02 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: They tore down my elementary school a couple of years ago and built a new one in its place. Things change and you gotta move on. Actually, it was a pretty ignorant move on the school district's part. They decided to rebuild almost every school in the district... at the same time. The schools weren't that old (@40-50 years). Now, they can't get school levies passed because tax payers already had to pay to support the new schools.

They knocked down the log cabin? Big Grin
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 08:03 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: They knocked down the log cabin? Big Grin

And he was home schooled. Sad
Reply/Quote
Ever seen the Bond movie Skyfall?

"Skyfall" is the name of the mansion on the estate where Bond was raised.  One of the themes of the movie is about Bond going back and addressing issues from his past.  So he returns to Skyfall for the first time since his youth.  At the end of the movie there is a big showdown with the bad guys where the mansion gets blown to pieces.

The funny part was that as Bond looked back on the burning rubble he says "I always hated that place."

I am not a huge fan of Bond movies, but I really like Skyfall.
Reply/Quote