Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some exit interviews with a couple of free agents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Jonah is gone, man. Dude is just out.

I can really see us bringing Reader back. I still think they need to fortify the DT room with a very high draft pick or a FA.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The problem with Reader is he's injured a lot. Hard to invest that much money in a player that is not available that much. And the defense takes a big hit when he's out.

That said, when he does play, the line is soo much better against the run. He's like a wall.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The problem with Reader is he's injured a lot. Hard to invest that much money in a player that is not available that much. And the defense takes a big hit when he's out.

That said, when he does play, the line is soo much better against the run. He's like a wall.

I agree. Im not saying I necessarily want him back, Im just saying that I think the FO brings him back. I can see them bringing him back on an affordable deal. 

I wouldn't love the move in a vaccum, it depends what else they do to suppliment at DT. 

I also am not sure when he is even going to be able to play again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Jonah is gone, man. Dude is just out.

I can really see us bringing Reader back. I still think they need to fortify the DT room with a very high draft pick or a FA.

FWIW, USA Today latest mock has the Bengals taking Amarius Mimms, the big RT from UGA at #18.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
they need to bring back READER.... if they don't... expect more... could of, should of...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, USA Today latest mock has the Bengals taking Amarius Mimms, the big RT from UGA at #18.

Makes sense. Look at positions that cost the most in free agency, and that's likely where the 1st Round pick will go as you get a 5 year rookie contract.

2nd Round seems to be a WR sweet spot. Maybe DT.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: they need to bring back READER.... if they don't... expect more... could of, should of...

And if they do bring him back expect more "if it weren't for injuries".

Very good at football, but has been on the IR in 3 out of 4 seasons with the Bengals aqnd he's been a top-10 paid DT in 3 out of 4 seasons. Time to move on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 06:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Makes sense. Look at positions that cost the most in free agency, and that's likely where the 1st Round pick will go as you get a 5 year rookie contract.

2nd Round seems to be a WR sweet spot. Maybe DT.

Yeah, id be ok going with RT with pick 1. Can we develop him though? Thats the question. We havent been able to do it in years. 

If this happens, they are going to need to look at DT in free agency. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:52 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: they need to bring back READER.... if they don't... expect more... could of, should of...

unless they can get an upgrade / Younger id be for bringing him back on a 2-3 year deal to help groom a replacement we draft
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 06:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah, id be ok going with RT with pick 1. Can we develop him though? Thats the question. We havent been able to do it in years. 

If this happens, they are going to need to look at DT in free agency. 

Id be happier with it if Pollock is replaced before the draft.
Reply/Quote

Problem but maybe benefit is he is likely not be ready by 1st game so with injury and age I doubt any team calling with multi year contract so maybe we do a 1 year prove it contract 
Reply/Quote
Man so many guys that have not only meant alot to this organization but have played at high levels in areas that will be hard to replace. Gonna be a very tricky offseason. I really want a free agency that feels like a win and sets us up for the draft. The thing with Reader is I think we really needed to add a DT with him playing so if he leaves I think we may need to add a couple. Two years before Burrows contract starts to hit I would love to sign Reader to a 2 year deal and draft a DT in rounds 1 or 2. I would also be in favor of bringing back Jonah but if we could find a versatile guy in FA who could play RT or guard and then take a Tackle in RD 1. I'm just still not sold on Volson he seems to lack consistency and seems to have only a few real dominant games a year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, USA Today latest mock has the Bengals taking Amarius Mimms, the big RT from UGA at #18.

Mimms might be good. Jonah was OK but more of a technician so now I want a “mauler” type over there. Need to be able to push d lineman off the ball and run it when they need to.

However, Mimms inexperience/injury history scares me. I think I would rather have the guy from Oregon St
Reply/Quote

That’s fine with me! I would go OT OG DT OT OG DT LB.
Reply/Quote
Reader and Williams are history.I’d like to see the Bengals invest in a really good FA nose tackle in the offseason,but doubt very much that will happen.
Reply/Quote
Someone give the run d stats with and without reader the last couple weeks.

Did they really miss him?

Can we build on what we saw this last month.

If Reader is back it’s on a prove it deal. Teams are going to be hesitant to sign him and he is going to be unsigned for awhile. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion he’s gone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he left either. I feel better about letting him walk now given the injury (unfortunately).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 08:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s fine with me! I would go OT OG DT OT OG DT LB.

Terrible strategy. You draft players, not positions.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely take Reader back at a fair price.

I don’t see any way they pay Jonah what he’ll get on the open market.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This #55 from UW looks very good.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote