Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some exit interviews with a couple of free agents
(01-08-2024, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This #55 from UW looks very good.

So does #94 from Michigan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This #55 from UW looks very good.

#73 not so much
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would say that Jonah is 100% gone, but I felt the same way about Pratt after last season. I think he's still most likely gone, but maybe he doesn't find the money and comes back on a short deal so he can get another shot at big FA deal in a season or two.

I really have no idea what to think of Reader. I could see the team bringing him back on a multi year deal, but only guaranteeing the first year, and then drafting a future replacement this year. I just think of Lou's comments about Vonn Bell and not wanting to lose him only to lose him and watch our safety play plummet. I could see the team keeping Reader to appease Lou and basically apologize for the previous offseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Someone give the run d stats with and without reader the last couple weeks.

Did they really miss him?

Can we build on what we saw this last month.

If Reader is back it’s on a prove it deal. Teams are going to be hesitant to sign him and he is going to be unsigned for awhile. I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion he’s gone.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he left either. I feel better about letting him walk now given the injury (unfortunately).

Not sure about the last few weeks, but I do know, that in 2022, ''Playoff P'' went on a run of high PFF numbers after a drought of good performances. The difference and jump in his effectiveness was timed with the week that DJ Reader came back from injury. When DJ Reader was back on the team, Pratt and Wilson were all over the place at the right time.

That's what makes the drop off from both LBs this season so baffling. I don't care what final numbers say, Wilson was a step or two behind A LOT of plays this last season and Pratt looked like he was trying to be ''Mr Forced Fumble'' more than he was trying to play LB. Maybe it was DJ that dropped off and we didn't quite notice because it was subtle and the LBs were the one that paid the price.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 11:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Absolutely take Reader back at a fair price.

I don’t see any way they pay Jonah what he’ll get on the open market.

Is Jonah worth more than 12 million a year? Not really, but he'll get some suckers to overpay for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 10:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Reader and Williams are history.I’d like to see the Bengals invest in a really good FA nose tackle in the offseason,but doubt very much that will happen.

Im not sure what NTs are available.  I like having Reader on the team.  He helped us get to the Super Bowl and AFCC but he does have an injury history and is older.  If we can sign someone just as good to take his place I would be for it.  What we cant do is have Reader leave and replace him with a JAG.  This cant be another Vonn Bell or Jessie Bates situation where you bring in a Nick Scott type guy or spend a 1st round draft pick on a player that isnt near the same talent as the guy you lost then have everyone complain about how bad the defense is when the same talent isnt there.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 04:09 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Is Jonah worth more than 12 million a year? Not really, but he'll get some suckers to overpay for him.

I wait till we know his replacement before being excited about him potentially leaving
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 05:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Im not sure what NTs are available.  I like having Reader on the team.  He helped us get to the Super Bowl and AFCC but he does have an injury history and is older.  If we can sign someone just as good to take his place I would be for it.  What we cant do is have Reader leave and replace him with a JAG.  This cant be another Vonn Bell or Jessie Bates situation where you bring in a Nick Scott type guy or spend a 1st round draft pick on a player that isnt near the same talent as the guy you lost then have everyone complain about how bad the defense is when the same talent isnt there.

And there's the rub, DJ is probably the best run stopper out there, so signing someone "just as good" is not going to happen
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 03:20 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Not sure about the last few weeks, but I do know, that in 2022, ''Playoff P'' went on a run of high PFF numbers after a drought of good performances. The difference and jump in his effectiveness was timed with the week that DJ Reader came back from injury. When DJ Reader was back on the team, Pratt and Wilson were all over the place at the right time.

That's what makes the drop off from both LBs this season so baffling. I don't care what final numbers say, Wilson was a step or two behind A LOT of plays this last season and Pratt looked like he was trying to be ''Mr Forced Fumble'' more than he was trying to play LB. Maybe it was DJ that dropped off and we didn't quite notice because it was subtle and the LBs were the one that paid the price.

Not sure about Pratt, but Logan (like Hubbard) is having surgery this offseason: he was definitely hurt around the first Pitt game or so.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Reader may never be the same player.... Love the guy, but the risk/cost will be too high.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 02:11 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: Reader may never be the same player.... Love the guy, but the risk/cost will be too high.

You do realize he's already had this injury once, on the other leg? 

Seems to me  if it was gonna be debilitating, he'd already be debilitated. 

Did Chido say anything on the way out. For me, he is the buliggest question mark. 

For me: 
Higgins is hell yes. 
Reader is yes. 
Jonah is no. 
Boyd is probably not. 
Chido is ???. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 05:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I agree. Im not saying I necessarily want him back, Im just saying that I think the FO brings him back. I can see them bringing him back on an affordable deal. 

I wouldn't love the move in a vaccum, it depends what else they do to suppliment at DT. 

I also am not sure when he is even going to be able to play again. 

The injuries and his age are the reason he will be affordable. If DJ can play again it is worth it. Insurance policy.

(01-08-2024, 05:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: FWIW, USA Today latest mock has the Bengals taking Amarius Mimms, the big RT from UGA at #18.

Would like Mims or Fuaga, I like Fuaga a little more though, really powerful and explosive, something we have been missing on the OL.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 03:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You do realize he's already had this injury once, on the other leg? 

Seems to me  if it was gonna be debilitating, he'd already be debilitated. 

Did Chido say anything on the way out. For me, he is the buliggest question mark. 

For me: 
Higgins is hell yes. 
Reader is yes. 
Jonah is no. 
Boyd is probably not. 
Chido is ???. 

The "same injury" is never the same injury.
Reply/Quote