Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some fun trivia about the Oakland A's
They used to be in Kansas City, and before their move to Oakland in 1968, thier owners signed a contract to play in Louisville Kentucky in 1964 to play as the Kentucky Colonels. The other American League owners blocked the move however because it would have been to small a market. The stadium they would have played in was old Cardinal Stadium (which has since been torn down), where the Cardinals played football and the Louisville Redbirds (now Louisville Bats I think) played Minor league baseball.
[Image: VYOA6ZFCJ5HNFA3XPZIIQKMJZE.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Didn't know about the Kentucky thing. Funny I just mentioned the old A's in a post a few days ago. I have a baseball signed by just about the entire 72? somewhere in there team.

Gene Tenance's dad worked with my dad at steel mill in New Boston, Ohio
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 05:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Didn't know about the Kentucky thing. Funny I just mentioned the old A's in a post a few days ago. I have a baseball signed by just about the entire 72? somewhere in there team.

Gene Tenance's dad worked with my dad at steel mill in New Boston, Ohio
That's dope. I actually have a sealed Kentucky Basketball 1996 championship newspaper I got from my late grandfather 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 05:57 PM)WildfireMicro Wrote: That's dope. I actually have a sealed Kentucky Basketball 1996 championship newspaper I got from my late grandfather 

Was that the year of Christian Latner? sic

Yep Reggie Jackson is on there. Only one big problem. Being like 50 years oldish and signed with a bic ball point pen it's faded badly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My lasting memory of the A's is going to be watching the camera pan to the dugout when we were cruising late in Game 3 (i think it was this game) back in 1990 and every single person on that A's bench looked dejected...especially McGwire.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 06:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: My lasting memory of the A's is going to be watching the camera pan to the dugout when we were cruising late in Game 3 (i think it was this game) back in 1990 and every single person on that A's bench looked dejected...especially McGwire.
Nice.

Also I've never set foot in Cincy ether. I mean I've had to take drives to Louisville when I lived in Berea so I've drove through there if nothing else 
Reply/Quote