Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some good news - Pollack and Simmons expected to stay on
(01-12-2019, 11:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We had the #1 RB in the AFC and I believe his YPC were around 4.8 for the season.  That's a significant upgrade over a year ago.  As far as pass-blocking goes, I think a lot of the issues there became the dearth of weapons that could get open quickly which forced Dalton to hold on to the ball too long.

Of all these changes to personnel, the two guys I am most excited to see in our new offense are John Ross and Gio Bernard.  

Ross should be used all over the field like he is in the red zone:  crossing routes, fades, quick hitches, etc.  It seems like his job was to run vertical routes to open things underneath for Boyd, AJ, and Eifert.  He got more chances in the red zone and had something stupid like 7 TDs in 21 receptions for the year.  I'm still so puzzled why you wouldn't get Dalton, one of the quickest releases in the game, to throw Ross a quick pass when a DB is playing off of him (which seemed to be every time).  He makes that one guy miss and he's gone.  If he doesn't, it is still a high%, easy 5-7 yard completion.

Ditto Gio.  When are we going to see him on misdirection routes, where we can get him in space.  See how the Chiefs used Kareem Hunt in their passing game.  

Use these resources more and watch the passing game take off, which will drop safeties and only help the running game as well.  

I can't wait to see it.  

Run blocking got better in 2018. Pass blocking was still garbage on toast. Frank Pollack needs some better linemen to work with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who says Simmons is coming back as a special teams coach? Could he be he new defense coordinator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:41 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Exactly so.  Frank Pollack was constrained to work with Paul Alexander's offensive line, Billy Price excepted.

Where’s Fredtoast at defending Alexander? I remember him trying to tell me Alexander was the greatest Oline coach in the NFL! Fired from two jobs within eight months. Now he is in the unemployment line! Horrible coach and we had to put up with him for twenty years! Man this front office sucks!

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 06:17 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who says Simmons is coming back as a special teams coach?  Could he be he new defense coordinator?

So, would the base Defense be punt return Right, and goal line Defense be FG block?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 06:17 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who says Simmons is coming back as a special teams coach?  Could he be he new defense coordinator?

Has he ever been a defensive coach?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:07 PM)McC Wrote: Has he ever been a defensive coach?

I don't think so, he will stay at ST's.

Crazy talk i tell yah, crazy talk.
Reply/Quote
Hearing Pollack is out

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote