Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some highlights from Combine
Tobin is taking stage and giving good analysis.

Bengals exec Duke Tobin going deep on hand size analysis. #NFLCombine highlight so far.

Tobin: we like to get both safeties done. We re being proactive in trying to get things done before free agency

Tobin: won't comment if they'll use tags in free agency

Tobin on Tez: we want to see him keep that passion. He's important to what we do

Tobin: we don't lack composure. I don't worry about leadership. Tez and Adam did more to help us win.

(Tobin doing a better job defending our players than Brown!)

Tobin: we're in very good cap position because of good management with no dead money

From ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/21629/bengals-nfl-combine-duke-tobin-whats-on-tap
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I was flipping around the channels last night and was surprised to see that the combine events were already going on. It took me a full 10 minutes to realize that it was the 2015 combine.

Who the htll wants to watch the 2015 combine?
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 12:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tobin: we don't lack composure. I don't worry about leadership. Tez and Adam did more to help us win.

(Tobin doing a better job defending our players than Brown!)

I am sure that if Mike Brown was there he would say the exact same thing, and this is the first time I have heard Tobin say anything about burfict.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was flipping around the channels last night and was surprised to see that the combine events were already going on.  It took me a full 10 minutes to realize that it was the 2015 combine.

I did the same trying to set the dvr. Thought it was odd it wasn't as long as it was in prior years, and it was during the week. Took me til I got to Friday and saw Oline, TE, Teams again to realize I had set recordings to record wrong year.

It's the first time I've heard Tomin get the spotlight at the Combine (although I may miss this part of it each year). He's really come a long way getting national attention. I'm happy for the guy. And glad to know all isn't lost from a scouting standpoint when (if) we lose Marvin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It all starts on Friday. 9:00am to 4:00pm each day through Monday. NFL Channel will do a Combine Wrap Up each night from 8:00 to 11:00 EST.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was flipping around the channels last night and was surprised to see that the combine events were already going on.  It took me a full 10 minutes to realize that it was the 2015 combine.

Ill watch the workouts, but I could give a rats ass about the interviews.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Watched Tobin and Zampese's interviews from the combine.

I can't read Zampese. He is either a complete genius or a complete moron but I just can't figure it out. He is so ho-hum. I like it though. He might end up being a really great play caller, but all I can do is wish for now.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 03:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He is so ho-hum. 

Fredtoast translation......

"He is just like Belichick!"
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fredtoast translation......

"He is just like Belichick!"

haha no. Belichick is a very depressed Eeyore like ho-hum. Zampese seems like a happy mmmyup stare in the clouds kind of ho-hum
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 04:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: haha no. Belichick is a very depressed Eeyore like ho-hum. Zampese seems like a happy mmmyup stare in the clouds kind of ho-hum

[Image: 88e62c8581465fcd4183bc4f53016daa.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lets take a second to focus on a more important topic that's been witnessed at the Combine.

We really need to address Maurice Jones-Drew's man boobs.

Such a sad sight.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Liked Tobin's tone and approach.  Professional and unapologetic.  Defends the team without whining.

I agree with his take on Burfict and Jones.  I hope we get another one or two like them in this draft.  Doesn't defend what they did wrong.  Put's it in perspective, not the malicious dirt bags everyone else (including Steelers - read Hines Ward) says they are.   Those guys had a couple of bad plays in the course of the season - and I don't count the hit on Brown.  But mostly they played great football. 

Guarantee the Steelers would be happy to have both of them.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 03:50 PM)3wt Wrote: Liked Tobin's tone and approach.  Professional and unapologetic.  Defends the team without whining.

I agree with his take on Burfict and Jones.  I hope we get another one or two like them in this draft.  Doesn't defend what they did wrong.  Put's it in perspective, not the malicious dirt bags everyone else (including Steelers - read Hines Ward) says they are.   Those guys had a couple of bad plays in the course of the season - and I don't count the hit on Brown.  But mostly they played great football. 

Guarantee the Steelers would be happy to have both of them.

Steelers would drool if they had a chance to get Burfict.

Reply/Quote