Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some positives for thursday
(09-13-2017, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 4 Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers

Nope.
Reply/Quote
I would caution those who think our D played good. We faced a Balt team that had a horrible off season, lost weapons over the past month and even during the game, and Flacco played horrible. Flacco didnt play a snap in the pre season and it showed. Our D didn't cause the Ravens to look bad, Flacco was missing wide open receivers, he only completed something like 7-9 passes. Another issue is we can't stop the run. We can't tackle till the player is in the secondary, this needs cleaned up fast. I expect the Texans to play a lot better than the Ravens did even with a rookie QB. Their line is just as bad as ours but it wouldn't surprise me if we get 2 or less sacks for the whole game. They will adjust and hide their flaws, we will watch ours get exposed repeatedly on national tv.
Reply/Quote
Texan LB Brian Cushing was just suspended for 10 games for PEDs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:42 PM)pally Wrote: Texan LB Brian Cushing was just suspended for 10 games for PEDs

Damn 10 games? You sure it said Cushing and not Burfict?
Reply/Quote
4. " Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers"

Yeah right , that's his weakness,he got tossed around last year with the bull rush. He gets beat by speed rushers too and his strength are supposed to be his athleticism. Granted O-line has alot to do with balance and technique.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 09:10 PM)lone bengal Wrote: 4. " Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers"

Yeah right , that's his weakness,he got tossed around last year with the bull rush. He gets beat by speed rushers too and his strength are supposed to be his athleticism. Granted O-line has alot to do with balance and technique.

He looked better in pre season against power rushers. I think he struggled against power rushers last year due to the fact he needed more time removed from injury he suffered in college.  he actually has looked ok this year in run blocking. but my question is. If he is going to continue to struggle against speed rushers wth is he doing playing LT?
Reply/Quote
On the positive side

looks like the weather could be perfect if no rain comes in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 08:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Damn 10 games? You sure it said Cushing and not Burfict?

Yep...PED's. But I'm surprised Burfict didn't get more games for Shazier's hit on Kizer. He probably picked up those bad habits from playing against Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 10:50 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Yep...PED's. But I'm surprised Burfict didn't get more games for Shazier's hit on Kizer. He probably picked up those bad habits from playing against Burfict.

Get off the Steelers n*ts

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 06:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would caution those who think our D played good. We faced a Balt team that had a horrible off season, lost weapons over the past month and even during the game, and Flacco played horrible. Flacco didnt play a snap in the pre season and it showed. Our D didn't cause the Ravens to look bad, Flacco was missing wide open receivers, he only completed something like 7-9 passes. Another issue is we can't stop the run. We can't tackle till the player is in the secondary, this needs cleaned up fast. I expect the Texans to play a lot better than the Ravens did even with a rookie QB. Their line is just as bad as ours but it wouldn't surprise me if we get 2 or less sacks for the whole game. They will adjust and hide their flaws, we will watch ours get exposed repeatedly on national tv.

I think the big thing is they got the lead so early that they didn't run their normal offense. They basically ran the ball every play and still had success.

Had they attacked with passes, the outcome could have been more points.
Reply/Quote
Is the Ravens D that good this year? Did the turnovers set Baltimore up with a short field a lot?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the big thing is they got the lead so early that they didn't run their normal offense. They basically ran the ball every play and still had success.

Had they attacked with passes, the outcome could have been more points.

Or more interceptions. They were able to hide the fact Flacco hasn't played all pre season and still has questions about his back by not having to throw. I personally think we would have had a better chance to win if they were throwing.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 11:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: Or more interceptions. They were able to hide the fact Flacco hasn't played all pre season and still has questions about his back by not having to throw. I personally think we would have had a better chance to win if they were throwing.

I agree, if Flacco was forced to throw, our chances would have went way up. I'm not so sure the Ravens have the all-star defense everybody thinks they do after playing us. They were smart at the line by batting the ball up in the air instead of down, it looks like they ...wait for it... gameplanned for the Bengals; maybe we should try that before upcoming games.
Reply/Quote
One more postivie for tonight: we're gonna WIN!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 10:55 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: 1 Andy should respond and play better. He rarely plays crappy back to back games.
2 Return of Adam Jones should make our secondary a little better
3 The defense played good they are facing an absolute train wreck in houston
4 Ogbuehi might handle power rushers better than speed rushers
5 Texans are really banged up 3 tightends in concussion protocol
6 Ross may return and give Andy another weapon in passing game

7. It's the day before Friday Wink
Reply/Quote
#4? Is this a joke?
Reply/Quote
Here's a positive we will be one step closer to the number 1 draft pick in 2018.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Positives from Thursday...
1) Dalton sucks without a top 5 oline.. so he sucks.
2) Cut LT... Please he's never going to be good.
3) Dennards hands are made of stone... Please play wj3.
4) Atkins is fast as ****....
5) Aj is really good.
6) Fisher might be decent one day.
7) Bullock didn't miss
8) Marv is dumb as ****
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 11:35 AM)Ravage Wrote: Akili Smith: "Hold my beer!"
David Klingler: "F you, hold my beer!"
JaMarcus Russell: "F you both, hold my purple drank!"
Ryan Leaf: "F all of you, hold my pill bottle!"
Johnny Manziel: "Look at all this beer, purple drank, and pills I've got...PAR-TAY!!!!!"

But none of them lasted 7 years in the league. Definitely not as starters.
Reply/Quote