Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some props to Jamaal Charles
t sounds a little silly to call an All-Pro player underrated, but a lot of people don't even think of Jamaal Charles when talking about the best RBs in the game. If he could stay healthy he would be in the conversation for not just the current best, but one of the best of all time.

He has scored more tds over the last two years (33) than any other player in the league.

He has been in the league 7 years and has never had a season where he averaged less than 5.0 yards a carry.

No RB in the last 60 years has a higher career average per carry than Charles' 5.5.

Over the last decade only 4 other RBs have had a season with at least 72.0 rushing yards per game and 5.5 yards per carry (only Adrian Peterson did it twice), but those are Charles CAREER averages over 96 games.

Only one other RB in history had a season with at least 1400 rushing yards and an average of 6.4 per carry. (Jim Brown '63)

Only 5 other players in NFL history have had a season with at least 1200 rushing yards, 70 receptions, and a 5.0 yards per carry average.
Reply/Quote
He has been impressive. I also enjoyed his special olympics story.
Reply/Quote
....did....did you delete your old thread just to start a new one because no one was responding to it, or what?

I tried to do a search and find the other, but it's apparently gone unless I'm missing something.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ....did....did you delete your old thread just to start a new one because no one was responding to it, or what?

I tried to do a search and find the other, but it's apparently gone unless I'm missing something.

Here we go again!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Charles is good and he should give us some problems come Sunday.

We should still win but it is tough to stop this guy.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:36 PM)thegimp Wrote: Here we go again!

[Image: stalkers_o_1638335.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: ....did....did you delete your old thread just to start a new one because no one was responding to it, or what?

This was a post in a thread in another forum about the Chiefs/Broncos game.

I thought it was worth of a thread of its own the week we play the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This was a post in a thread in another forum about the Chiefs/Broncos game.

I thought it was worth of a thread of its own the week we play the Chiefs.

Oh okay, I thought you made this exact thread and deleted it for some reason instead of bumping it.

The last time Charles played against Cincinnati was 2012, he had 17 carries for 87 yards (5.1 YPC) and 4 receptions for 31 yards in a blowout loss (Bengals win).

The 2012 Bengals defense surprisingly isn't too far off from who we have out there in 2015, but the KC team they'll be fielding is quite a bit different. Charles will rack up some yards no matter what, but we can still win it easily if they don't give up huge plays to him consistently.
Reply/Quote
I always liked Jamaal before, and even more after learning about his disability.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: but a lot of people don't even think of Jamaal Charles when talking about the best RBs in the game.

News to me.  These people are idiots.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: t sounds a little silly to call an All-Pro player underrated, but a lot of people don't even think of Jamaal Charles when talking about the best RBs in the game. If he could stay healthy he would be in the conversation for not just the current best, but one of the best of all time.

He has scored more tds over the last two years (33) than any other player in the league.

He has been in the league 7 years and has never had a season where he averaged less than 5.0 yards a carry.

No RB in the last 60 years has a higher career average per carry than Charles' 5.5.

Over the last decade only 4 other RBs have had a season with at least 72.0 rushing yards per game and 5.5 yards per carry (only Adrian Peterson did it twice), but those are Charles CAREER averages over 96 games.

Only one other RB in history had a season with at least 1400 rushing yards and an average of 6.4 per carry. (Jim Brown '63)

Only 5 other players in NFL history have had a season with at least 1200 rushing yards, 70 receptions, and a 5.0 yards per carry average.

he would be one of my top prospects in fantasy if the rest of his offense took a little pressure off him
Reply/Quote
Charles and Forte are highly underrated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Charles and Forte are highly underrated.

No fans of the game underrate these guys at all.

It's more the flavor of the month casual fans who anoint a player to HOF status after 1 or 2 good years or because he "Blew up in fantasy and helped me win some games"

Charles and Forte are beasts.
Reply/Quote
Charles is an amazing RB...let's hope he has an off day on Sunday !!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He has been impressive.   I also enjoyed his special olympics story.

Yes 100% that was the coolest story ever, props to Jamal for doing that!

Very very cool...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 05:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Charles and Forte are highly underrated.

(09-29-2015, 05:36 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: No fans of the game underrate these guys at all.

It's more the flavor of the month casual fans who anoint a player to HOF status after 1 or 2 good years or because he "Blew up in fantasy and helped me win some games"

Charles and Forte are beasts.

Completely agree, two of the best no question. They can do it all similar to our guys who can catch, block,
and take it the distance at any time. Hopefully Hill and Gio can play similarly to these guys in their career.

For an extended period of time anyways.
Reply/Quote