Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some props to Jordan Evans
Young backer put in some fine work
vs the Buccos.
yeah I think he got beat on that TD to Howard.
but his stat line was really decent
11 tackles
1 int
1.5 sacks.

who was the last Bengals LB to have that kind of stat line in a game?
Tez vs the Steelers in the playoff meltdown?
I know this defense is getting shredded but I thought Evans had his better games a pro.
hes playing better than the other Jordan
who has shown next to nothing the last few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 05:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Young backer put in some fine work
vs the Buccos.
11 tackles
1 int
1.5 sacks.

I know this defense is getting shredded but I thought Evans had his better games a pro.

Getting roasted on the two bombs skewed the entire perspective of that game and made it easy to overlook some of the good work that was done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 05:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Young backer put in some fine work
vs the Buccos.
11 tackles
1 int
1.5 sacks.

Yeah, even on the Howard TD he had decent coverage. Glad Evans is starting to come around. Gives me hope
for this Defense especially with Vigil coming back soon and Preston should get better in the system as he learns.

Not all is lost on this Defense, lots of talent. It the coaching that gives me pause.

Austin and Haslett have been bad that is kind.

(11-02-2018, 05:17 PM)McC Wrote: Getting roasted on the two bombs skewed the entire perspective of that game and made it easy to overlook some of the good work that was done.

Those breakdowns and miscommunications did skew a lot. Need to clean this stuff up. Have to have the Safety over
the top preventing the deep ball. This cannot happen especially to players like WJ3 and Bates. Bates has been a stud
though man, love that he got rookie D player of the month.
Reply/Quote
Evans has 35 tackles for the entire season, but 17 of them were in the last two games.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 05:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: hes playing better than the other Jordan who has shown next to nothing the last few weeks.

With Lawson out Willis really needs to step up his game.  His 66 snaps on defense last week were by far the most he has played all year.  The previous 2 games he played fewer than 30 snaps each.

In the first 2 games of the year Willis had 3 QB hits, a tipped pass, and a fumble recovery, but over the last 6 games pretty much nothing (1 QB hit).

We really need him to be productive.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 05:17 PM)McC Wrote: Getting roasted on the two bombs skewed the entire perspective of that game and made it easy to overlook some of the good work that was done.

If you review Bengals tape there's a couple plays or more every game where the secondary looks like they're totally lost on what coverage they're in. Receivers running wide open with no defender even close. Then you see the little looks after the play.

The bad, awful, horrible part is we're half way thru the season and it's still happening !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Evans Vigil and Burfict might be a decent LB group if they're healthy. The athleticism will actually be there for once. Nickerson and Brown on the field at the same time is a horror show
Reply/Quote

Giving props to a LB who is part of a historically bad coverage unit on a historically bad defense....

Yup, it's Bengals bye week on the message board.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 09:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

Giving props to a LB who is part of a historically bad coverage unit on a historically bad defense....

Trying to find some kind of hope.

It still just blows my mind every time I think how bad this defense has been, and is ! And as much as I want to believe it's bound to get better I seriously doubt it's going to do a 180 now.

I commend the guys that think we're going 6-2 to finish the 2nd half but I just don't think this D can support that. Evans may turn in to a great backer but it's gonna take way more than him to get us even average on D.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 11:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trying to find some kind of hope.

It still just blows my mind every time I think how bad this defense has been, and is ! And as much as I want to believe it's bound to get better I seriously doubt it's going to do a 180 now.

I commend the guys that think we're going 6-2 to finish the 2nd half but I just don't think this D can support that. Evans may turn in to a great backer but it's gonna take way more than him to get us even average on D.

All that it will take for this defense to look amazing in the fans eyes again, is for the DL to actually get to the QB a few times.  They lead the league in pressures, just a half a breath short of getting a sack, most of the time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 12:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All that it will take for this defense to look amazing in the fans eyes again, is for the DL to actually get to the QB a few times.  They lead the league in pressures, just a half a breath short of getting a sack, most of the time.

That half breath short can be bridged by better coverage. Hard to buy time when the TE is running wide open. It's a bit of a chicken/egg thing.

Either way though, there's no way that getting to the QB a few times is the difference between a historically bad defense and an "amazing" defense. Lol

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 01:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That half breath short can be bridged by better coverage. Hard to buy time when the TE is running wide open. It's a bit of a chicken/egg thing.

Either way though, there's no way that getting to the QB a few times is the difference between a historically bad defense and an "amazing" defense. Lol

I wasn't speaking in absolutes.  However, I thought that the defense, the DL in particular, looked pretty damn amazing in the 2nd half of the Miami game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He had his best game to date last week, glad to see we really need someone to step up at LBer
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

He hasn't played that much except for the Bucs game. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

We need our Linebackers to show up, it is the biggest problem with this Defense right now.

Look at the signs man.

Or just complain and be blind to everything going on around you.

(11-03-2018, 01:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That half breath short can be bridged by better coverage. Hard to buy time when the TE is running wide open. It's a bit of a chicken/egg thing.

You pressure the QB it changes games and can turn a bad Defense into an amazing one if they are getting turnovers
and scoring points. Don't know how you can laugh out loud about this obvious point that has always been true in the
game of football.
Reply/Quote
Bump.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
LOL
Reply/Quote
What? He didn't have a bad game.

Just the one bad angle on the pass, not helped by the pick play.

The negativity is disgusting.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What? He didn't have a bad game.

Just the one bad angle on the pass, not helped by the pick play.

The negativity is disgusting.

Every person on the defense had a bad game
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:07 PM)N_B Wrote: Every person on the defense had a bad game

No they didn't.

Things aren't black and white.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote