Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some sad news to start the day
(11-01-2022, 11:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As a father who is 2 days away from the anniversary of his own son's death, this is horrible. Mike Zimmer has had to go through some shit with first his wife and now his son. 

Worst ***** thing ever, hands down. He seems to be a strong man. My prayers will be with him and his family. 

Damn...

My thoughts and prayers to you too Rfaulk. Im here for ya if you ever need anything.
Reply/Quote
I can't even imagine the pain Mike must be going through losing another family member, and especially a child. Absolutely heartbreaking. My condolences to the family.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thank you all so much for the kind words but i feel kind of bad...maybe not the right word...for bringing it up in this thread. 

This is about Mike and his family but again, i really appreciate the kind words but i'd rather know you (people in general on the board) are there and i'd prefer to keep the focus on him. 

Thank you <3

EDIT: and i just realized...i wasn't real clear in my post. I lost my son 9 years ago. Posted about it on the mothership. So, sorry for not being clear that it's not a new wound. I'm just gonna shut up now!  Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Tragic news. I’m not a religious man, but my heart goes out to Mike and the rest of the family.

Reply/Quote
This is horrible news.

I just can't imagine this for Mike. I wish the Bengals would offer him some sort of assistant position in a few weeks to help keep him involved and surrounded by others.

To RFaulk, I'm so sorry my friend. Far too often we forget there are actual humans behind these avatars and post with real life tragedies. My sympathies as you deal with this memory.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Sad news for the Zimmer family and bengal nation, Adam Zimmer (ex coach here) and son of Mike Zimmer died sudden...

https://www.nfl.com/news/former-vikings-co-defensive-coordinator-adam-zimmer-dies-at-38
Reply/Quote
Prayers to Zim
Reply/Quote
Prayers for the Zimmer family.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 10:41 AM)sloSTI Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-offensive-analyst-adam-zimmer-son-of-longtime-nfl-coach-mike-zimmer-dies-at-38/

WTF, just saw this, so terrible for Mike and Corri. RIP Adam and prayers to the Zimmer family.Pray
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:31 AM)pally Wrote: News like that can be inspiring if they had time to process the news or shocking if they just heard it,

true 

Prayers for the family. His sister seems to be taking it real badly.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sadly, there may be a darker side to this:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-filing-police-found-adam-183200845.html
Quote:Adam Zimmer, a former Vikings defensive coordinator when his father was head coach, had an eye injury when he was found dead on his couch by police, who had information that he possibly had been drinking excessively, according to a recent court filing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Might explain the lack of energy the Bengals played with that night. Very sad for the Zimmer family.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly, there may be a darker side to this:

I would imagine. Typically 38 or so year olds don't just drop dead out of left field.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly, there may be a darker side to this:

Thank you for the update. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Might explain the lack of energy the Bengals played with that night. Very sad for the Zimmer family.

Possibly but he did work remotely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If you want to do something:

Quote:The Zimmer family is requesting donations to ex-Vikings and current Cowboys linebacker Anthony Barr's "Raise the Barr" foundation.

https://www.raisethebarr.org/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Might explain the lack of energy the Bengals played with that night. Very sad for the Zimmer family.

I don't know. Bengals had one of the greatest games (and celebrations - well the hugs and emotions dedicated to Zimmer) the week he lost his wife.

Sometimes these events rally teams. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:00 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As a father who is 2 days away from the anniversary of his own son's death, this is horrible. Mike Zimmer has had to go through some shit with first his wife and now his son. 

Worst ***** thing ever, hands down. He seems to be a strong man. My prayers will be with him and his family. 

Damn...

My thought and prayers are with you. Someone said it earlier, no parent should have to bury a child. Very sorry for your loss.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I must have missed this when it first happened. Terrible to lose a child, no matter the circumstances
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote