Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at the colts
Football is a game won and lost in the trenches. Sadly, those in charge of this sorry-ass franchise don’t realize that. They bank on the sexy, skilled-position players just being able to always perform. Pretty downright stupid, but... that’s our front office Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This Bengals team O-Line is so bad, you are talking about replacing maybe 3 players.  The Bengals will likely pick high this upcoming draft.  Hopefully in the top 3.  They have to get their franchise QB and maybe another OT and Guard.  Some will believe in building the trenches first, and some will believe Dalton is an average QB that cannot carry the team.  

Which do you build first?  It is debatable.  I think if the Bengals get the top 3 draft pick next you they either get Thomas to bookend with Williams and draft another "Dalton" round 2 or they get their franchise QB and draft Austin Jackson later in round 1...

This will be a heated argument for some.

I really don't want this team to fall into that trap that when you need a QB you absolutely have to take a QB round 1 regardless of the talent in the draft. Seen plenty of teams make that mistake. If theres and actual good prospect sitting their hooray, but I don't want them to force a QB pick because they need/want one
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:09 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I really don't want this team to fall into that trap that when you need a QB you absolutely have to take a QB round 1 regardless of the talent in the draft. Seen plenty of teams make that mistake. If theres and actual good prospect sitting their hooray, but I don't want them to force a QB pick because they need/want one

I think Haskins would have be a disaster.  But these QB coming out next two years are special, at least some of them.  Burrow is special elite talent.  Not sure about Tua but I will say he is accurate.  If the Bengals do not take a QB when they draft high, then they will settle on a good but not elite QB.  I understand the need to build trenches first.  I think they could do both but it would require blue chip FAs...I will be curious to see how Redmond looks this week...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote