Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody break down the Chiefs
I haven't really followed KC this year, other than to note they really struggled early in the season. We all know what Mahommes and Kelce bring to the table. Outside of that, how is their D line? Their O line struggled early, have they put it together? DB's? Has anybody watched them enough to break them down and discuss favorable vs. unfavorable matchups besides Kelce?
Reply/Quote
They have using Byron Pringle alot more
On.the underneath stuff allowing Kelce and Hill to
Clearout with go and seam routes.
Pringle aint no joke either. He catches
Everything and can juke you in space

They don't run the ball as much as say the
Steelers or us, but when they do they always
Convert short yardage stuff.
Reply/Quote
Kansas City is fourth in points scored per game and fifth in points allowed per game. In comparison the Bengals are seventh and twelfth, respectively.

The biggest disparity is turnover ratio. The Chiefs are +3 and the Bengals are -2. It’s rare for a winning team to have a negative turnover ratio but the Bengals are strong and made up for this deficiency in other areas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: They have using Byron Pringle alot more
On.the underneath stuff allowing Kelce and Hill to
Clearout with go and seam routes.
Pringle aint no joke either. He catches
Everything and can juke you in space

They don't run the ball as much as say the
Steelers or us, but when they do they always
Convert short yardage stuff.

How are they stopping the run? Will Mixon have a big day? Wondering about their pass rush as well.
Reply/Quote
They have rebounded from a slow start, they have some starters out with Covid so that could impact this game. They give up points on defense still but they are also are pretty good in creating turnovers.

This team though is lead by their offense with Mahomes and one of the best coaches in the league with Reid, they pass protect pretty well and make you defend all parts of the field with multiple formations... A hard team to defend for any good defense...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't really followed KC this year, other than to note they really struggled early in the season. We all know what Mahommes and Kelce bring to the table. Outside of that, how is their D line? Their O line struggled early, have they put it together? DB's? Has anybody watched them enough to break them down and discuss favorable vs. unfavorable matchups besides Kelce?

Ill break it down...They're good!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:56 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Ill break it down...They're good!

Gee, that helps... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Advanced scouting report: Mahomes throws to Hill and Kelce; they score a lot. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:56 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Ill break it down...They're good!

The Chiefs are very much like the late 2000s Patriots. There’s nothing flashy about what they do on either side of the ball. They don’t rely on trickery or heroics to get the job done. Andy Reid’s culture is one where players execute assigned duties flawlessly; he’s a lot like Bill Belichick in this respect.

Kansas City is deep; they rebound even when starters are hurt. That’s a result of good coaching.
Reply/Quote
KC is pretty good at scoring more points than the other team Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How are they stopping the run? Will Mixon have a big day? Wondering about their pass rush as well.

These are their weaknesses. You can run on that Defense and they are 28th in sacks on D.

This is why we have a shot if we execute and play physical on Offense. We just need to finish and score TD's. They are good 
at preventing TD's on Defense, bend but not break type of Defense so we need to finish and score.

We all know their Offense is great, Mahomes is great just have to keep him inside the pocket and seal the edge while Trey, 
Ogunjobi and the boys feast on his blindside. To me these are the ways to beat them. They have a good RB in Darrell Williams
but he is more of a thumper which we tend to handle pretty well on D. If Edwards Helaire was playing I would be more scared 
of them but he isn't most likely. Need to by physical with Kelce and keep Hill from beating us deep.
Reply/Quote
General knowledge -

Mahomes: slippery like squid, can pass at odd angles
Kelce: gluey hands, runaway boulder after the catch
Hill: wait. what? where did he go?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Chiefs re-built their OL in the offseason this past year after that humiliating loss to the Buccaneers in the Super Bowl last year.They made Mahomes look like a barely average High School Quarterback.They Spent alot of money on the OL and they are playing very well now.Just another point of concern.The Bengals need long time consuming TOUCHDOWN drives to have a chance in this game.

Their offense is well capable of doing just that,as they have done in the past this season.In their last game against the Ravens,they dominated time of possession by 37:03 to 22:57.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 12:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Chiefs are very much like the late 2000s Patriots. There’s nothing flashy about what they do on either side of the ball. They don’t rely on trickery or heroics to get the job done. Andy Reid’s culture is one where players execute assigned duties flawlessly; he’s a lot like Bill Belichick in this respect.

Kansas City is deep; they rebound even when starters are hurt. That’s a result of good coaching.

Reid’s no doubt a very good coach/play caller but I give him the most credit for his development of Mahomes. I think having one of the most talented QBs ever really opens up the playbook and wins you a couple of extra games each year.
They are going to be good for a long time with that QB.
Reply/Quote
Don’t worry. Trey Hendrickson, DJ Reader, Germaine Pratt, Larry Ogunjobi, and BJ Hill will break down the Chiefs.

Just follow the Tampa Bay defensive recipe from the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals defense is not as overmatched as you might think simply because our DL is probably the strongest DL in terms of pass rush the Chiefs have faced since the Super Bowl - we can bring the heat from both ends and up the middle. The main challenge is Kelce - hopefully we put 1-2 players tight on him and make other players do the deed.

Ultimately we need Burrow to play like he did this last game. Also for Tee, Jamarr and Tyler to do their things and Mixon and Uzo. We can play shoot-out and if we can get one going we have a good shot at this.
Reply/Quote
Somebody said the chiefs aren’t flashy on offense

I beg to differ
Reply/Quote
I think Uzo will need to be a big part of the game plan.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't really followed KC this year, other than to note they really struggled early in the season. We all know what Mahommes and Kelce bring to the table. Outside of that, how is their D line? Their O line struggled early, have they put it together? DB's? Has anybody watched them enough to break them down and discuss favorable vs. unfavorable matchups besides Kelce?

The Chiefs took off, offensively, when they stopped trying to hit everything downfield.  Mahommes has a LOT more checkdowns to his weapons in space and is much more efficient. 

Their defense got their best pass rusher back and he lifted their defense.  

Where I think they are vulnerable is their pass defense and that Mahommes might get a little caught up in the game within the game vs. Burrow and if he tries to hit all big plays downfield, it could play in to Cincy's hands.  The way to attack Cincy is to send a couple vertical and use TEs and backs to attack underneath.  

I really think this one has all the makings of a shootout, and the defense that forces a couple punts or gets a turnover or two will win.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Somebody said the chiefs aren’t flashy on offense

I beg to differ

Yeah, that post got a weird look from me. They are a walking highlight reel.
Reply/Quote