Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody break down the Chiefs
Turnovers and tackling are big keys (as they are for nearly every game)
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
This is the kind of conference rival that was in the staff's mind when they built this offense. This is the team you have in the back of your head when you take Chase instead of a lineman at 5.

The Chiefs, when they are on are a team that you have little hope of beating if you can't score at least 30, maybe 40. Defenses may get turnovers and maybe they come out flat, but you can't expect it from a team like KC.

IMO a the Bengals need to go into this game planning on it being a track meet. Take the reigns off of the offense like last week and let it rip, then hope that the defense can somehow keep Mahomes and co from scoring more than 30.

The defense in Cincy was built to win the AFC North. The offense was built to win the AFC conference. This game will show how far along they are and whether or not we can consider them a top team sooner than expected in this rebuild plan.

I, for one am absolutely pumped to how they handle this opportunity.
Reply/Quote
KC likes to play their corners up close on the line and engage the WR’s off the snap. It will be interesting to see if they continue to do that against our group of WR’s.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:32 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: KC likes to play their corners up close on the line and engage the WR’s off the snap. It will be interesting to see if they continue to do that against our group of WR’s.

If they do that against Chase and Higgins, both will eat.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals blitz PMII he will eat you up. Here is very good vs the blitz.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:54 AM)Reroka Wrote: If the Bengals blitz PMII he will eat you up. Here is very good vs the blitz.

We'll most likely employ the Lamar Jackson defensive plan, keep him contained and let the DT's and DE's get to him.
Reply/Quote
If the secondary can blanket the targets downfield
Then Hendrickson and Hubbard can get home on
The pass rush. This is a game where I wish we had Joseph
Ossai healthy. We dont have that pass rusher with quick twitch
Off the snap that can disrupt the pocket.

The LBers will have alot on their plate covering
The Chiefs RBs on.those angle routes. One missed
Tackle on a angle route can result in huge YAC.

I think Joe is going to have take what the defense gives him
The worst thing is JB thinking he has get his points
All one throw.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we can run it down their throat with Mixon and Mahommy will see very little of the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We'll most likely employ the Lamar Jackson defensive plan, keep him contained and let the DT's and DE's get to him.

Good plan, over this year he has become a much better pocket passer and a lot more patient. So it's a double-edge sword.
Reply/Quote
It will be a lot closer than people think. KC are the favorites and deservedly so, but the Bengals are a stylistic nightmare for them.

KC is 28th in the league in sacks, which is downright terrible when you consider that they have a high powered offense that forces teams into obvious passing situations. However, the worst part is that they have the 9th highest blitz % in the league. So, they are a blitz happy defense that still rarely hits home against an offense that has destroyed blitz heavy teams like Ravens. The Bengals' OL is our weak point, but KC doesn't have the pass rush to take advantage. Guys on their forums are talking about Melvin Ingram, who has 2 sacks on the year and was a non factor in our first game against the Steelers.

On the other side of the ball, the best way to contain Mahomes(cuz you aren't going to stop him) is by getting pressure with a 4 man rush, which the Bengals are one of the best teams in the league at doing. Mahomes kills against the blitz and we fortunately only have the 26th highest blitz rate in the league, but have the 7th most sacks.

Barring turnovers, it will likely be a high scoring, whoever gets the ball last type game. Kelce will feast, same as every elite TE has against this year. Should be a fun game to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:54 AM)Reroka Wrote: If the Bengals blitz PMII he will eat you up. Here is very good vs the blitz.

Cincy blitz very little compared to most other teams.  They do a very good job at getting pressure with a 4 man rush.  I think the Chief that worries me the most is Kelce.  Cincinnati has been terrible at stopping tight ends this season.
Reply/Quote

The Bengals don't really blitz all that much. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:51 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Somebody said the chiefs aren’t flashy on offense

I beg to differ

(12-28-2021, 10:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, that post got a weird look from me. They are a walking highlight reel.

Same, They are flashy. Kelce and Hill are walking highlight reels. Same with Mahomes who makes the most incredible no look 
passes I have ever seen from a QB. Edwards Helaire being out makes them less flashy though, he is quick and can do so much 
after the catch it is crazy.
Reply/Quote
Well, hopefully our guys have been studying film on the Chiefs down to the last missed tackle or dropped ball and have a strong plan of attack and actually execute it well. Being at home may or may not help as every team travels and plays in loud stadiums..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:59 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Cincy blitz very little compared to most other teams.  They do a very good job at getting pressure with a 4 man rush.  I think the Chief that worries me the most is Kelce.  Cincinnati has been terrible at stopping tight ends this season.

Nobody is very good at stopping Kelce. I could be forgetting someone, but if feels like the TEs that have beat up on us do that to everyone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote