Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Someone has to say it. . .
Brandon Allen is clearly the Tom Brady to Joe Burrow's Drew Bledsoe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow has more "games under his belt" than Allen and Finley COMBINED.

Allen has 7 total starts, 3 last year and 4 this year. Finley has 4 total starts, 3 last year, 1 this year. Burrow had 10. 

7+4=11 

11>10
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 10:14 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Allen has 7 total starts, 3 last year and 4 this year. Finley has 4 total starts, 3 last year, 1 this year. Burrow had 10. 

7+4=11 

11>10

Facts don't matter when he's trolling.
Reply/Quote
Burrow with a terrible OL and no run game put us in position to win a lot of games this year and the defense blew it. Allen has a more solid OL who can run and pass block better and the defense has been playing better as long as Sims isnt playing CB. Burrow with a defense, run game and pass blocking would be amazing and we would probably have at least a .500 record if not more
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 10:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Facts don't matter when he's trolling.

Was about to say this is Tolling 101.
Reply/Quote
100% trolling. He wants to argue..
Reply/Quote
Dwayne Haskins is the answer…
Reply/Quote
Now do Mixon  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals with Joe Burrow.........2-7-1..23rd in passer rating
Bengals without Burrow..........2-3-0..16th in passer rating

What could we get in trade for Burrow?  We are looking better without him, but we still have a lot of holes to fill.

(12-29-2020, 07:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or a QB does not hold onto the ball too long.

(12-29-2020, 09:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow has more "games under his belt" than Allen and Finley COMBINED.

(12-29-2020, 09:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not just BA.

Finley beat the Steelers.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
I think we could get a lot for Burrow. Fix the Oline.
Maybe Mallett has cleaned up his act by now. Get BAs younger brother in here, and we could have a 3 headed Razorback Hydra going on! WPS!!!

Why stop there? Get Switzer and/or Jimmy Johnson to coach. Barry could bring his handgun and teach conceal carry classes to interested team members.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 10:53 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Burrow with a terrible OL and no run game put us in position to win a lot of games this year and the defense blew it. Allen has a more solid OL who can run and pass block better and the defense has been playing better as long as Sims isnt playing CB. Burrow with a defense, run game and pass blocking would be amazing and we would probably have at least a .500 record if not more

I don't know that we can say Allen has a better line. Jonah Williams is hurt and was replaced with Fred Johnson. They replaced MJ who was terrible with XSF.

I think that about midway through the year, the line got better at pass blocking to some leve.

As far as the run game, Houston has a really bad run defense.

But, I think what you are inferring is a balanced offense. IF the Bengals even attempted to run it more, Burrow would be more effective. Chucking the ball around 75% of the time is going to expose any weaknesses in an offensive line. And it's hard for the line to get good at run blocking, if they don't run. I've heard commentators allude to that fact. Keep running. It gets better the more you do it.

Playing Finley who they weren't confident in, forced the coaches to change philosophies to a more balanced one to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 07:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or a QB does not hold onto the ball too long.

Or they don't throw 50+ times a game and the D gets turnovers 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Flaying Finley who they weren't confident in, forced the coaches to change philosophies to a more balanced one to succeed.

They flayed Finley?? I knew it was a toxic locker room, but it seems pretty extreme to go all Ramsay Bolton on him just because he’s not very good.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They flayed Finley?? I knew it was a toxic locker room, but it seems pretty extreme to go all Ramsay Bolton on him just because he’s not very good.

GUESS which coaches it was too?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know that we can say Allen has a better line. Jonah Williams is hurt and was replaced with Fred Johnson. They replaced MJ who was terrible with XSF.

I think that about midway through the year, the line got better at pass blocking to some leve.

As far as the run game, Houston has a really bad run defense.

But, I think what you are inferring is a balanced offense. IF the Bengals even attempted to run it more, Burrow would be more effective. Chucking the ball around 75% of the time is going to expose any weaknesses in an offensive line. And it's hard for the line to get good at run blocking, if they don't run. I've heard commentators allude to that fact. Keep running. It gets better the more you do it.

Playing Finley who they weren't confident in, forced the coaches to change philosophies to a more balanced one to succeed.

Actually I can say that Allen has a better Oline and feel pretty confident about it. Allen has more stability around him than Burrow did in general teamwide. MJ got benched because he got Burrow hurt but should've been benched long before that. XSF is a very big upgrade over MJ, and he was actually available for the game Burrow got hurt. I see no big dropoff with Johnson at LT from Williams. What I see the most though is better play from the OG's and it makes a big difference and even opens holes for the run game which takes even more pressure off the QB.

Yeah the coaches were forced to change philosophies a bit for sure, which is sad it took so long, but the fact remains if Burrow had XSF, Spain and a run game already schemed into the game plan he would probably still be playing. If he had a defense who could make some stops when the game is on the line, and a kicker other than Bullock, the team would have a better record because Burrow put us in position to win a good handful of games this year almost single-handed with very little help around him and especially horrible OG play. But between the defense doing full meltdown and Randy missing big time FGs, it didnt pan out like it should have.
Reply/Quote
Any line without Michael Jordan on it is automatically better in my book. He’s that bad.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any line without Michael Jordan on it is automatically better in my book. He’s that bad.

Agreed and I kind of feel the same about our defense with Sims.
Reply/Quote
Ummm I think I've just lost 50 IQ points reading this thread.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:04 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is the answer…

And available....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals with Joe Burrow.........2-7-1..23rd in passer rating
Bengals without Burrow..........2-3-0..16th in passer rating

What could we get in trade for Burrow?  We are looking better without him, but we still have a lot of holes to fill.

I remember my first beer. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote