Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone is tearing up the senior bowl
And nobody is noticing. Terry mcclaurin has been uncoverable at the senior bowl destroying anybody u put up against him. Killing with speed(4.35 expected) and route running. On top of that hes proven what everybody already knew which is that he's an elite special teamer. Dude hasn't been touched when up against 2 men in kick coverage just blows by them on the snap. Did it for the last 3 years at osu.
Reply/Quote
He will be on team's radar now...the new(newer) technology at the Senior Bowl allows them to know the speed of the player on the field, in pads, in a game-type situation. He was the fastest at 22.2 MPH. If you add phone-booth quicks as you eluded to in ST coverage, he could be a special player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 03:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And nobody is noticing. Terry mcclaurin has been uncoverable at the senior bowl destroying anybody u put up against him. Killing with speed(4.35 expected) and route running. On top of that hes proven what everybody already knew which is that he's an elite special teamer. Dude hasn't been touched when up against 2 men in kick coverage just blows by them on the snap. Did it for the last 3 years at osu.

He's always been a dangerous receiver.  Many weren't aware of him, because there were so many good weapons on the team at Ohio St., and they tried to spread the ball around.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I mentioned in the scouting thread he has made a lot of money this week. I think he is a day 2 pick now which is cool because he was really the "other guy" people were talking about from OSU behind Paris Campbell coming into the week.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 10:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mentioned in the scouting thread he has made a lot of money this week. I think he is a day 2 pick now which is cool because he was really the "other guy" people were talking about from OSU behind Paris Campbell coming into the week.

I'd take a long look at him on Day 2. Possibly push Ross for a starter spot.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd take a long look at him on Day 2. Possibly push Ross for a starter spot.

I'd rather get a guy like a Hunter Renfrow on day 3. I like him but our other needs are so high I feel like we need to fill those Day 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd rather get a guy like a Hunter Renfrow on day 3. I like him but our other needs are so high I feel like we need to fill those Day 2.

That's the kid out of Clemson right?  Not sure what the new offense is, but if he wants to resemble what LA has, somewhere in the draft we need to get faster at WR, whether that is day 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's the kid out of Clemson right? 

Correct, he looks like he is 40 lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 03:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: And nobody is noticing. Terry mcclaurin has been uncoverable at the senior bowl destroying anybody u put up against him. Killing with speed(4.35 expected) and route running. On top of that hes proven what everybody already knew which is that he's an elite special teamer. Dude hasn't been touched when up against 2 men in kick coverage just blows by them on the snap. Did it for the last 3 years at osu.

All of those OSU WR's are beasts.  Unfortunately for them, there's so much talent there that they kind of drag each other down.  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 01:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd rather get a guy like a Hunter Renfrow on day 3. I like him but our other needs are so high I feel like we need to fill those Day 2.
He has like 7 inch hands. Not a fan when we already have Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He has like 7 inch hands. Not a fan when we already have Boyd.

Don't care, it hasn't stopped him from being a go to for a very good line of Clemson QB's. Renfrow is a prototypical slot guy with elite route running that is going to get open. He has spun around Rock Ya-Sin at the senior bowl along with tearing up Bama twice.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 03:56 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He has like 7 inch hands. Not a fan when we already have Boyd.

It's not hand size that counts nearly as much as eye/hand coordination. I knew a little guy in HS with small hands who could catch just about any football thrown his way.  It helps, but it's hardly the only thing that counts.  I couldn't catch footballs to save my life, but could catch baseballs with the best in school.. 
Anyway, we need OLmen and LBers way more than pass catchers at this point.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don't care, it hasn't stopped him from being a go to for a very good line of Clemson QB's. Renfrow is a prototypical slot guy with elite route running that is going to get open. He has spun around Rock Ya-Sin at the senior bowl along with tearing up Bama twice.

We already have Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 06:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: We already have Boyd.
This isn't a mock draft so the Bengals roster doesn't matter. 
The Bengals dont really need a defensive end but I can still appreciate Montez Sweat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

We also have Malone, Core, Tate, and Erickson, who have done nothing as WR's.  If Renfrow can push one of those guys off the roster, I'm down.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Synric Wrote: This isn't a mock draft so the Bengals roster doesn't matter. 
The Bengals dont really need a defensive end but I can still appreciate Montez Sweat.

Jpoore is right... although I like Renfrow, he doesn't have the talent that Boyd has, who plays mostly in the slot. Furthermore, I beg to differ on your assessment that we don't need a DE... if a player with Sweat's talent is available, you jump on it. He would immediately compete with Dunlap for best on the team, and besides, teams really need 4 good ends for rotation.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2019, 07:35 PM)chasf316 Wrote: Jpoore is right... although I like Renfrow, he doesn't have the talent that Boyd has, who plays mostly in the slot. Furthermore, I beg to differ on your assessment that we don't need a DE... if a player with Sweat's talent is available, you jump on it. He would immediately compete with Dunlap for best on the team, and besides, teams really need 4 good ends for rotation.

We are discussing prospects not just for the Bengals.

But if you wanna talk Bengals Boyd is in line for a huge contract at the same time as AJ Green so a slot receiver isnt out of the realm of possibilities.

I like Hart inside at slot this week I think he made the most of of his reps show quicks and speed. Greg Jennings is also a guy inside and outside. He's Physical st thr top of the route and showed some speed this week he didnt on Saturdays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

He will be a good value where he most likely will be taken.
Reply/Quote
He is tearing it up and everyone is noticing it as well...he has made himself a lot of money this week.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote

He can do what Ross has failed to do.

Reply/Quote