Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone please tell me why I should keep doing this
I live in Northern Ontario in Canada. I am 57 years old and have literally been a fan since the beginning.

I can honestly say I've seen pretty well everything as it relates to this team. I was devastated by the two Super Bowl losses but was proud of the way they played, even in defeat.

Somewhere along the way this team, this franchise, became what we now know as the Bungles. God how I hated that term in the beginning. Hell, now the whole world knows them as the Bungles. And for good reason.

This team simply can't get out of it's own way. They, and we fans, are always waiting for the inevitable, inexplicable collapse. For the past five years we have been entertained by a good regular season team that we all know will fold up in the first playoff game.

It is so damn draining. I'm a pretty level guy, seldom susceptible to rash judgement or actions. I don't think, however, that 45 years of this annual heart break is sustainable. I live about a seven hour drive from Minneapolis. Tomorrow I will be cheering for Zimmer and the Vikes. They may not win, but they won't lose like the Bengals. That ineptitude is reserved only for this franchise.

So back to my original question; PLEASE someone tell me why I should keep doing this. I mean it. I need to hear some logic. I respect alot of people on this board. Please give me a reason not to start a bonfire in my backyard and burn everything I own that is Bengal related. (Trust me, that will be a big damn fire).
Reply/Quote
Because of the joy you felt the moment you thought they were going to win. The satisfaction you felt twelve of the seventeen weeks they played. That all outweighs one crappy night in the long run. It's just tough to have that perspective in the wake of this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:56 AM)Auggie Wrote: I live in Northern Ontario in Canada.  I am 57 years old and have literally been a fan since the beginning.

I can honestly say I've seen pretty well everything as it relates to this team.  I  was devastated by the two Super Bowl losses but was proud of the way they played, even in defeat.

Somewhere along the way this team, this franchise, became what we now know as the Bungles.  God how I hated that term in the beginning.  Hell, now the whole world knows them as the Bungles.  And for good reason.

This team simply can't get out of it's own way.   They, and we fans, are always waiting for the inevitable, inexplicable collapse.  For the past five years we have been entertained by a good regular season team that we all know will fold up in the first playoff game.

It is so damn draining.  I'm a pretty level guy, seldom susceptible to rash judgement or actions.  I don't think, however, that 45 years of this annual heart break is sustainable.  I live about a seven hour drive from Minneapolis.  Tomorrow I will be cheering for Zimmer and the Vikes.   They may not win, but they won't lose like the  Bengals.  That ineptitude is reserved only for this franchise.  

So back to my original question; PLEASE someone tell me why I should keep doing this.  I mean it.  I need to hear some logic.  I respect alot of people on this board.  Please give me a reason not to start a bonfire in my backyard and burn everything I own that is Bengal related.  (Trust me, that will be a big damn fire).

No bonfires until you wait a couple months.  There is no logical reason, but you'll always be a Bengal fan no matter how much gear you burn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy won't see another dime from me - I will sell my seats for 50 cents on the dollar and be done with it.
Reply/Quote