Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Different to discuss
This is ZT's 3rd season. This team has to look like it belongs in the NFL. We can't allow teams to run the ball down our throat. I want to see a lot more chemistry and sustained drives on O. I want to see an O that can score in the red zone.

10 wins, anything less and Taylor needs shown the door.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: But what if we tie a game?

True! That would be .500. I think. I take it back. 

It just won't be of the Marvin 8-8 variety. That'll be weird not to see around the league

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 09:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So at this point the board is divided into three groups.

Draft Sewell and fix the long broken O-line.

Draft Chase and add talent to an already talented group.

Draft Pitts and add a unique weapon. (Probably going to Atlanta though)

No one is changing their opinion at this point no matter the evidence from podcasters for Chase, or the Get up team for Sewell or it really doesn't matter.

And at this point every thread turns into more of the same... so... here I give a chance to discuss something different.

What will it take for you to consider the upcoming season for the Bengals a success?

Is it a win total that must be hit? It is growth from certain players? What would you need to see in the 2021 NFL season to feel that it was a successful season and that the team is going in the right direction?

I'm going to say 9 wins and Burrow establishing himself as one of the elite QB's in the league.

As miserable as the last two years have been, that's really the only road to redemption for Taylor and Co.  As much as they've spent on D in FA the past two years, there's no excuses for not being able to put an average defense on the field next year.  Mixon should be back and is reunited with Pollack, who he had a career year under.  We should have a semblance of a balanced offense again.  The OL should be improved based on Reiff, Pollack, and the draft.  The WR corps should be improved through the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 11:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: True! That would be .500. I think. I take it back. 

It just won't be of the Marvin 8-8 variety. That'll be weird not to see around the league

8-8-1 that would be a Bengal thing to do lol

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
An above average offense.
An average defense.
In the fight for a playoff berth.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Why did this get moved to the draft forum??

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This season is going to be very rough particularly earlier in the season. It feels like a first year program but we're already in year 3. So I want to see a team that can win make strides in the second half not the season. Similar to 2008 and 2010 seasons.
1.) It's going to take time for Burrow to get comfortable while recovering from injury.
2.) A lot of new names on the Defense particularly in the secondary. I expect to see a lot of communication issues in the first half of the season.
3.) I see a very young team with a small core of players i do not expect a good season this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
For me, just re-establishing ourselves as a legitimate NFL franchise. We're at a precipice right now where all the good work that was done between ML/Carso and 2016 is slowly being eroded and the league is only too happy to resurrect the "Bungles" and the view of this team as a perennial bottom-feeder.

There's no time for a new rebuilding project in Cincinnati. The future is now. If they willingly accept being the butt of the joke for one more year, people will forget when they weren't. It took us forever to get out of that vortex and I don't want to get stuck there again.

Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 10:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If Burrow stays healthy with all moves we have made last 2 yrs, Burrow needs to at the least lead us to 8 wins.

Or finish ranked better than 24th in passer rating.

Sometimes I wonder if Burrow's rookie year was all that great, or if we were all fooled a bit because passing numbers are through the roof across the league.

Before I get roasted for thinking out loud: I think Burrow is fine and will be a franchise QB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote