Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something We Can All Agree On!
(09-06-2016, 12:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well said. I remember watching a video, can't remember if it was on YouTube or Bengals website, but the Bengals were invited to take batting practice at Great American one day.  Most of the players did decent, but there were two, I can't remember who the other one was, but one was Geno Atkins who couldn't hit the ball to safe his life! 

On the other side of the coin, it was pure joy and poetic justice to watch Dalton, not only go 2 for 2, but hit 2 home runs, one almost out of Great American Ballpark, in the softball game during the festivities before the MLB All-Star game last year, ESPECIALLY, after some of the classless fans booed him when he was introduced!! 

I remember seeing a video of him "swimming" like 3-4 years ago. It was painful. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
2016-17 Season. The year the Bengals win their first Superbowl.

(Seriously there's no reason why this can't or shouldn't happen.)
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not going to get into these foolish debates because they won't change either of our minds.  Here's where I stand on the subject:

The Begnals franchise are starting their 48th year in existence.  They have won 5 playoff games in 48 years.  The Bengals have had 9 Head Coaches in that 48 year span. One coach has won 2 (Gregg) and one has won 3 (Wyche).  None of those playoff victories mean squat since they didn't win their last playoff game.

The object isn't to win a certain 'number' of playoff games, the object is to win the 'last' playoff game.

Holy f**k... five playoff wins in 48 seasons.  That is astonishing to even look at.

I also agree with you about winning the last game.  We can all find moral victories in making the playoffs or having a successful regular season, but if you don't win the last game it really does not matter for much.  Somehow, some way, this team needs to find the fortitude to take the next step.  The city and the fan base deserve more than five wins in 48 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:08 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The object isn't to win a certain 'number' of playoff games, the object is to win the 'last' playoff game.

You can't win the last playoff if you can't even win the first  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just your opinion.  Not a fact.

Until he wins....its a fact.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 03:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: You can't win the last playoff if you can't even win the first  Smirk

You can't win the first unless you 'make' the playoffs!   Wink

Anderson made the playoffs 4 times in 16 years.

Esaison made the playoffs twice in 14 years.

Many could say well 'IF' they had made the playoffs more, maybe they would have won the SB!!

Doesn't matter, the fact is they could only make the playoffs 6 times between them over a 30 year span.

No chance to win the SB if you don't make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
GD...It's only Tuesday Shocked

The week before football season starts is always the longest week of the year. Sad
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote