Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
As I watched the SB
(02-09-2016, 11:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The difference there is Williams had an exceptional year so he made up for Bell as a whole and Ben was back when it most counted for them at the end of the season and playoffs.  We lost Dalton at the worst possible time... and Eiffert missed a decent amount at the end of the season that hurt us since we did not have the type of backup performance like Williams did for Bell.... 

Bengals were a better team than Steelers this year with injuries included.

Who knows how Bell comes back.  2 knee injuries, not good for a running back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For me the most impressive thing was the way the Denver defense absolutely bulldozed the Panthers during the fourth quarter. I kept thinking; could the Bengals do that? Their failure to close out the game against Denver led to Denver's appearance in the SB. Sometime or other it would be fun to watch the Bengal's defense play like that at the end of a game.

The other thing is that while I like to make fun of Peyton Manning the success he's had bodes well for Andy since he's had a very similar career trajectory to Peyton's early days so far even though the two QBs have different styles.

Win or lose I'm a Bengals fan so even when some predict a 500 or worse performance and maybe dropping to third in the division I'll still be watching. The prime time collapses still hurt though.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: I couldn't help thinking how the Bengals could have beaten both those teams. We had the broncos on the ropes, in their house, with our second string QB. That broncos D went on a tear after playing us, but the Bengals held them at bay pretty well. They werent going off and causing the problems they did for brady and cam newton against the Bengals. Made the way the season ended even more frustrating....ugh.

I thought the same thing.  All throughout the playoffs I kept thinking how well the offensive line played in the Denver game.  Miller and Ware just manhandled everyone they faced.  Not true against our line.
Reply/Quote
So...The SB is a really BIG primetime game.... There are some (obvious) problems that surface for our track-record-proven team...I really hope THAT changes. Until it does, I pretty much go in (knowing) we are going to lose those 'big-lighted' type games. Can this team win? Yup, no-doubt. Will they? Hmm...there-in-lies the challange.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How does Pittsburgh clearly have our number?

It took the refs, two coaches and a broken QB for them to beat us...

They dealt us 2 losses (in our house mind you) down the stretch. Not to mention they generally own us in our own house.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 08:13 PM)Utts Wrote: They dealt us 2 losses (in our house mind you) down the stretch. Not to mention they generally own us in our own house.

Without our starting QB.
Thanks to a few blown calls by the refs.

REAL impressive 

People said the same thing about the Ravens.
Now, not so much.

If Dalton doesn't get hurt, we beat them 3x.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 08:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If Dalton doesn't get hurt, we beat them 3x.

Actually, if we beat them twice in the regular season we would have played the Jets at home and not had to play the Steelers a 3rd time.
Reply/Quote