Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-04-2016, 01:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Pretty sure Mora resigned in NO....but your point remains valid. Perfect example.

Correct. But he never got over the hump and the team went 3-13 that year. He was pretty much done that year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how no other team has ever done this (except maybe Dallas with Jimmy Johnson), yet some people think it is the common practice around the league.

Yeah, how has that worked for San Diego when they fired Marty after a 14-2 season.  

And if anyone think Kubiak was the design behind the injuries the Bengals sustained right before they played, the Giants losing in a game they had no business losing to the Pats, the Bengals being without Andre Smith against the Texans (thank you AGAIN Ryan Shazier!), or the Bengals fielding a MASH unit secondary against the Cardinals.  If any ONE of those things happen, the Bengals are the #1 seed and Denver might have not even made the playoffs.

In other words, had the Bengals made such a move, I doubt their season would have ended up better, or even as well as it did.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 07:43 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It's the "we replaced John Fox bowl."  I wonder if this has ever happened before where two teams that fired the same guy played each other in the Super Bowl.

I don't know if he was technically fired, but Parcells coached both the Patriots and Giants....

It is interesting, though.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2016, 02:52 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Well then...if he stated he wanted to win the Super Bowl, it HAS TO BE TRUE! Nobody as ever lied to appease a disgruntled customer base....Ever! Your right,  my bad. Hey... Just FYI I have some magic beans for sale that will grow $100 bills. Just send me $5,000 and I'll mail it to you. I will go on public record that I TRULY WANT TO MAKE YOU RICH FROM THESE BEANS!!!! 

See how that works.....

So you honestly think that Mike Brown is making the playoffs every year without even trying?

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

If Mike Brown was not even trying to win we would be worse than the Browns/Raiders/Titans.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you honestly think that Mike Brown is making the playoffs every year without even trying?

Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

If Mike Brown was not even trying to win we would be worse than the Browns/Raiders/Titans.

He's content just making the playoffs. That's the point.....
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:12 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He's content just making the playoffs. That's the point.....

Do you realize how hard you have to try just to make the playoffs?

your logic makes no sense.  you claim they are trying hard enough to make the playoffs but not hard enough to win a Super Bowl.  How exactly do they draw that line?  How do they know how to try hard enough to make the playoffs but not win a Super Bowl.

The reality is that they have to be trying as hard as they can just to make the playoffs.  If somehow Mike Brown is making the playoffs every year without trying as hard as he could then he must be one of the greatest minds in football history.  Either that or half of the other teams in the league are not trying very hard either.
Reply/Quote
So why have no changes been made to improve past the 1st round (0-7) in the 10 years since Marvin first made the playoffs? That's where they sit right now. That is the ceiling. There is a reason the Patriots are in the AFC championship or Super Bowl almost every year. Would you agree? So your logic would mean that Bob Kraft and Bilechick are then "trying harder" and doing what they need to get to Super Bowl more so than Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis...correct? Thanks for making my point.....they need to get better, because we know what we have will get us.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:48 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: So why have no changes been made to improve past the 1st round (0-7) in the 10 years since Marvin  first made the playoffs? That's where they sit right now. That is the ceiling. There is a reason the Patriots are in the AFC championship or Super Bowl almost every year. Would you agree? So your logic would mean that Bob Kraft and Bilechick are then "trying harder" and doing what they need to get to Super Bowl more so than Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis...correct? Thanks for making my point.....they need to get better, because we know what we have will get us.

Probably because Lewis has taken his team to seven playoff appearances in 13 seasons as a coach and has only had three losing seasons. the Bengals have the same number of playoff appearances and Super Bowl wins as the franchise had in its previous 35-year history. I am upset, too, but you need to gain a little context around what he's done. Not winning a PO sucks, but he's better than alot of us give him credit for (myself included). 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:52 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Probably because Lewis has taken his team to seven playoff appearances in 13 seasons as a coach and has only had three losing seasons. the Bengals have the same number of playoff appearances and Super Bowl wins as the franchise had in its previous 35-year history. I am upset, too, but you need to gain a little context around what he's done. Not winning a PO sucks, but he's better than alot of us give him credit for (myself included). 

Just because we have risen from the past of NFL laughing-stock doesn't mean we should accept the minimal success of making the playoffs. That was ok the first couple seasons, but not now. This is typical of Bengals fans ...willing to accept the lowered bar of success. Wake up sheeple! 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Just because we have risen from the past of NFL laughing-stock doesn't mean we should accept the minimal success of making the playoffs. That was ok the first couple seasons, but not now. This is typical of Bengals fans ...willing to accept the lowered bar of success. Wake up sheeple! 

This is typical of closed minded people. 

Just because you disregard how hard it is to make it to the top, doesn't mean I am "accepting" anything.

i'm acknowledging how hard it is to stay relevant and having a chip and a chair 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 4 times in the last 30 years?

That is your proof of what every other team in the league would do?

It's happened more than that. But you are correct, it doesn't happen much and it certainly won't happen with the Bengals.

Marv has clearly had the most time of all NFL current coaches to produce a SB team and yet fail to win a single playoff game. But his first several years were dealing with a meddling owner who knew how to make wrong decisions in volume.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you realize how hard you have to try just to make the playoffs?

your logic makes no sense.  you claim they are trying hard enough to make the playoffs but not hard enough to win a Super Bowl.  How exactly do they draw that line?  How do they know how to try hard enough to make the playoffs but not win a Super Bowl.

The reality is that they have to be trying as hard as they can just to make the playoffs.  If somehow Mike Brown is making the playoffs every year without trying as hard as he could then he must be one of the greatest minds in football history.  Either that or half of the other teams in the league are not trying very hard either.

Logic not making sense? Is it logical to keep the same coach who hasn't been able to win a SINGLE playoff game in 7 appearances?  It has a lot more to do than "try". If Mike Brown wants to win a Super Bowl as bad as you claim, he certainly isn't putting his words into actions.

Marvin Lewis should have been let go years ago, and the fact that he is still head coach especially after the way the last game ended is proof positive.

Look, heres the thing Fred. You are an easy read. If I posted the opposite view on this thread you would come on here and rebuttal  that which is the very same side you are defending. I think the technical term is "baby games" LOL
Reply/Quote
How are they any better? There in the same exact position as last time. If he wins the Super Bowl there's a discussion.

Even the team they're facing is similar.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How are they any better? There in the same exact position as last time. If he wins the Super Bowl there's a discussion.

Even the team they're facing is similar.

Denver lost the first game in the playoffs last year. This year they are in the Super Bowl. The whole point is the organization just isn't "content" getting there like the Bengals front office.

Theres no arguing it....action not words. The Bengals front office have not done anything to prove otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Theres no arguing it....action not words. The Bengals front office have not done anything to prove otherwise.

Just because the Bengals have not done what YOU think they should do does not mean they are not trying or do not want to win.  I have to point this out every time I am accused of "accepting mediocrity".

They want to win.  They just think the best plan is to maintain consistency.  They don't see a coach out there who is a proven upgrade over Marvin.  

Just look at the Eagles.  They fired one of the best coaches in the league who is winning playoff games with his new team while the Eagles are look for a new head coach.  Just because YOU think firing a winning coach is the best plan that does not mean it is true.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: Denver lost the first game in the playoffs last year. This year they are in the Super Bowl. The whole point is the organization just isn't "content" getting there like the Bengals front office.

Theres no arguing it....action not words. The Bengals front office have not done anything to prove otherwise.

So you think the Broncos will fire Kubiak if they don't win the Super Bowl?

if they don't doe that prove that they don't want to win the Super Bowl?

What about every other team in the league that did not win the Super Bowl this year.  Should every one of them fire their coach also?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 12:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Look, heres the thing Fred. You are an easy read. If I posted the opposite view on this thread you would come on here and rebuttal  that which is the very same side you are defending. I think the technical term is "baby games" LOL

WTF?  This is not true at all.  And it proves how much you lack in the logic department.

It amazes me that some people have egos so large that they think it is absolutely impossible for anyone to disagree with anything they say.  
Reply/Quote
Since 1995 NE, Pit and Denv have been the AFC champion 15 of the 20 Super Bowls.... Why?...Luck? Magic? There is something those franchises do that make them better. They have figured it out and I guarantee 0-7 in the playoffs would not be accepted there. Why should we accept it here? Until this franchise aims higher, they will always fall short. FACT.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because the Bengals have not done what YOU think they should do does not mean they are not trying or do not want to win.  I have to point this out every time I am accused of "accepting mediocrity".

They want to win.  They just think the best plan is to maintain consistency.  They don't see a coach out there who is a proven upgrade over Marvin.  

Just look at the Eagles.  They fired one of the best coaches in the league who is winning playoff games with his new team while the Eagles are look for a new head coach.  Just because YOU think firing a winning coach is the best plan that does not mean it is true.
So at what point would YOU fire Marvin if he produced no Playoff victories over the next 5 years....just curious.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 01:45 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Since 1995 NE, Pit and Denv have been the AFC champion 15 of the 20 Super Bowls.... Why?...Luck? Magic? There is something those franchises do that make them better. They have figured it out and I guarantee 0-7 in the playoffs  would not be accepted there. Why should we accept it here? Until this franchise aims higher, they will always fall short. FACT.

I agree, those teams and fan bases demand excellence, seems like the Bengals and a lot of their fan base accept mediocrity...sad.
Reply/Quote