Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something is just missing from my tuesday. Truck_1_0_1_ weekly PFF :(
Lance McAlister just posted this:

Offense

· After improving in each of his first three games back, Marvin Jones regressed with a -3.1 overall grade, thanks in part to one drop on two targets and a false start penalty.

· Giovanni Bernard had some success running (9.5 ypc) between center Russell Bodine and right guard Kevin Zeitler.

· Ryan Hewitt had the worst run blocking grade (-3.1) of his career.

· Andy Dalton continued his stellar play, with a +4.2 overall grade. He was 3-3 for 95 yards on intermediate throws in the middle of the field.

Defense

· The Bengals totalled 27 pressures (QB sacks, hits, and hurries) on 57 snaps in the passing game. Michael D. Johnson led the way with 6 total pressures.

· Dre Kirkpatrick covered Jeremy Maclin on 6 of his 12 targets. Kirkpatrick allowed 5 receptions, 55 yards after the catch, and did not have a single pass defensed en route to a -3.1 coverage grade.

· Darqueze Dennard only played 30 snaps in coverage, but had a pass defensed and a +1.7 grade in coverage.

· Vincent Rey has played 279 of the 282 defensive snaps this year, but has never had a cumulative grade above +.1 nor below -.5 for all four games

Signature Stats

· Carlos Dunlap has our 4th highest pass rush productivity grade among 4-3 DE’s in the NFL. He has 17 total pressures, all of them coming from the left side.

John O'Connell, PFF Analyst

Read more: http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/grades-are-in-bengalschiefs-14007752/#ixzz3nntdcquQ
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:13 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd rather have the subjective stats laid out for coverage than Football Outsiders not having individual coverage stats whatsoever.

FootballOutsiders used to have plenty of individual coverage stats.

Don't know if they posted them every week, but they had year end rankings.
Reply/Quote
You just know Tate is fuming because he would have likely had a higher score than AJ Green.

I know he looks at Truck's threads
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Truck, we need you!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 12:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know what? I think I will...

As most of you know, I attempted the process when they were hiring after the 2012 season, but it was taking me too long (I had major issues with the video quality of my feed; I should've just PVR'd all the games. Khaled even told me that even with the horrible feed I got, 94.7% accuracy over 3 games was damn good and that he wanted to keep me on) and I was in my last class of university, thus I needed to focus in order to graduate. While I didn't get as far as the actual grading process (I believe Eox actually did attempt this when he got with them), I am familiar with how the system works (give points for positive plays, take away for negative plays), but the interpretation I'm not particularly great with; Like I say, I'm just the messenger and I TRY to interpret the grades, but I'm not always sure.

I'll get back to you guys in the next day or two at the most; I need to think up a metric or system and I can just use PFF's model, if it works; I'll need to rewatch the game (which is no problem, save for losses) but I think it'll: A, work and B, give a different spin on things, to truly see if Dre is as bad as they say or if Whitworth is being embellished.

And, of course, if the Madden ratings they have people are content with, then we can just go with that, but I severely doubt it, DJS hit the nail on the head: They had a great, informative and most of all, UNIQUE thing going and then they decide to scrap it out of the blue for a common thing?

Subscriptions will be DOWN and fast, I assure you.

The funny thing is you offered your opinions of their ratings and I agreed more with your analysis and ratings more often than not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not exactly sure where I should put this, but I figured it kind of fit here.

2. Even more shocking: Andy Dalton is our No. 2-graded quarterback.
Many predicted Andy Dalton’s fantastic start would skid to a halt against Seattle, the NFL’s third-best pass-rushing defense. Instead, Dalton led the Bengals to a comeback win at home, tying with Colts’ QB Matt Hasselbeck for the best overall QB grade in Week 5 (+4.2).

This season, Dalton’s accuracy is third-best in the league (behind only Philip Rivers and Tom Brady, respectively), and he owns the top accuracy percentage on deep balls (passes attempts of 20 or more yards downfield) at 60.9 percent, well ahead of second-best Drew Brees (47.6 percent).

6. Kam Chancellor fell flat against the Bengals.
While many predicted that Kam Chancellor and the Legion of Boom would be too much for Andy Dalton to handle, it was Dalton who had his way with Chancellor on Sunday.

Chancellor earned the worst grade of any NFL safety in Week 5, due mainly to his abysmal pass coverage (-4.9). He surrendered 9 of 11 targets for receptions, one for a touchdown.

http://teamstre.am/1WZVsGh
Reply/Quote