Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something not seen since the Curtis and Ocho days
When Tee Higgins got drafted alot of Bengal Nation was pleased as punch
That he was,actually there for the taking.
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers owned 2,more bottles of tequilla after Goodell Annouced it.
Since then we have heard how AJ is going to be a great mentor to Higgins , take him under
His wing.....etc etc
When was the last time in Cincy a All Pro HOF talent WR was in a position to do that ?

Issac Curtis / Cris Collinsworth. 1981.

When Chad got drafted What great talent was at WR to help bring him along?
No one. Warrick was struggling to get to the next level

How bout Carl Pickens.when he was drafted ? My memory isn't what it was...Jeff Query.?
Brian Brennan?

What a great luxury it is to have a AJ Green here to accelerate the learning
Of Tee Higgins.

Most recent I assume is when Chris Henry was drafted He had Chad and Housh
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah, Higgins will certainly know his way around the training room better than any WR we have drafted in a long time.

And he will crush it when it comes time to ride an exercise bike on the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hell yeah, Higgins will certainly know his way around the training room better than any WR we have drafted in a long time.

And he will crush it when it comes time to ride an exercise bike on the sidelines.

We really need negative rep.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How's that worked out for Ross?
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When Tee Higgins got drafted alot of Bengal Nation was pleased as punch
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers owned 2,more bottles of tequilla after Goodell  Annouced it.
Since then we have heard how AJ is going to be a great mentor to Higgins , take him under
His wing.....etc etc
When was the last time in Cincy a All Pro HOF talent WR was in a position to do that ?

How bout Carl Pickens.when he was drafted  ? My memory isn't what it was...Jeff Query.?
Brian Brennan?

Of Tee Higgins.

You mean other than top 10 pick and combine record breaker John Ross?

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 11:07 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: You mean other than top 10 pick and combine record breaker John Ross?

Simpson had three years of NFL experience when we drafted Green
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 04:00 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When Tee Higgins got drafted alot of Bengal Nation was pleased as punch
I'm sure Aaron Rodgers owned 2,more bottles of tequilla after Goodell  Annouced it.
His wing.....etc etc

How bout Carl Pickens.when he was drafted  ? My memory isn't what it was...Jeff Query.?
Brian Brennan?

Of Tee Higgins.

I actually like the point you are making.  Skeptics will say great players like Jerry Rice don't need mentors, but the more these guys come out of college at age 20, the more I think this makes sense.  

Ross hasn't had Green around for more than 6 games...and they were 5-1 in those games.  I know that is more to the way he affects the defense, but you take my meaning.

I am most impressed that Burrow, without any social media notifications or press conferences, has been working out with John Ross catching passes from him.  I think Burrow must see his potential and thinks if he can unleash it, he will have that much more lethal an offense.  

Please, God, I am very blessed to still be working in this unprecedented time and I want to show gratitude, but if I can ask for one thing:  please, let there be an NFL football season and let Joe Burrow lead this team like I know he can.  
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2020, 06:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hell yeah, Higgins will certainly know his way around the training room better than any WR we have drafted in a long time.  

And for those without something lodged in their rectum, it has been said numerous times how Green (when healthy) is one of the hardest working guys on the practice field.  That "if our best player is working that hard" mentality helped with the likes of Marvin Jones, Jr.  and Mohammed Sanu.  At least those guys mentioned that.  And that was the last time this offense looked lethal.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Simpson had three years of NFL experience when we drafted Green

Chad was our no.1 receiver when he was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2020, 01:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I actually like the point you are making.  Skeptics will say great players like Jerry Rice don't need mentors, but the more these guys come out of college at age 20, the more I think this makes sense.  

Ross hasn't had Green around for more than 6 games...and they were 5-1 in those games.  I know that is more to the way he affects the defense, but you take my meaning.

I am most impressed that Burrow, without any social media notifications or press conferences, has been working out with John Ross catching passes from him.  I think Burrow must see his potential and thinks if he can unleash it, he will have that much more lethal an offense.  

Please, God, I am very blessed to still be working in this unprecedented time and I want to show gratitude, but if I can ask for one thing:  please, let there be an NFL football season and let Joe Burrow lead this team like I know he can.  

Thanks you said it better than I did. When AJ was drafted He didn't have that mature proven WR that had All Pro 
HOF talents. Jerome Simpson was a clown. Simpson was more worried about trafficking Marijuana and smoking it then being a mentor to AJ 
It's nice to have mature leaders on this team for once 
Reply/Quote
His wing.....etc etc

Brian Brennan?

Of Tee Higgins.

Well boyd had AJ and now he is in top 30 WRs in NFL
Reply/Quote