Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to Remember
Every year people fall in love with guys and you start hearing the phrase "no way he falls out of the 1st" and then every year we come to the relization that there are more guys that fit this description then there are 1st round picks. So with that said take a look at McShay's mock and then realize how much talent is there at 33.

1. CIN - QB Joe Burrow LSU
  2. NYG - DE Chase Young OHIO ST
  3. WAS - WR Jerry Jeudy ALABAMA
  4. MIA - QB Tua Tagovailoa ALABAMA
  5. DET - CB Jeff Okudah OHIO ST
  6. ARI - WR CeeDee Lamb OKLAHOMA
  7. NYJ - OT Andrew Thomas GEORGIA
  8. JAX - OLB Isaiah Simmons CLEMSON
  9. CAR - DT Derrick Brown AUBURN
  10. LAC - QB Justin Herbert OREGON
  11. LV - CB Paulson Adebo STANFORD
  12. DEN - S Grant Delpit LSU
  13. ATL - CB CJ Henderson FLORIDA
  14. CLE - WR Tee Higgins CLEMSON
  15. IND - WR Justin Jefferson LSU
  16. LV - WR Laviska Shenault COLORADO
  17. TB - DT Javon Kinlaw SOUTH CAROLINA
  18. PHI - WR Henry Ruggs III ALABAMA
  19. JAX - DT Raekwon Davis ALABAMA
  20. MIA - DE Curtis Weaver BOISE ST
  21. TEN - RB D'Andre Swift GEORGIA
  22. DAL - S Xavier McKinney ALABAMA
  23. BUF - WR Brandon Aiyuk ARIZONA ST
  24. MIA - OL Alex Leatherwood ALABAMA
  25. MIN - CB Bryce Hall VIRGINIA
  26. GB - WR DeVonta Smith ALABAMA
  27. SEA - DT Marvin Wilson FLORIDA ST
  28. KC - CB Kristian Fulton LSU
  29. NO - DE AJ Epenesa IOWA
  30. NE - OT Tristan Wirfs IOWA
  31. SF - RB JK Dobbins OHIO ST
  32. BAL - DE Yetur Gross-Matos PENN ST
Note:
  • here is the insane run on WR's, this was similar to the 2016 draft when we ended up waiting until the 2nd round and getting Boyd. History may repeat itself this year as we have a serious need for WR with AJ's status and a class that is not short on talent.
  • Only 3 QB's n the 1st doesn't seem realistic, I personally think Fromm ends up going in the late 20's with rumors Love will be a 1st rounder as well.
  • Lots of OL talent to be had at 33 along with some serious LB talent as well which bodes well for us.
Reply/Quote
8 wide receivers in the first round. Not saying it can't happen and all those guys are talented but damn that's alot. Has there ever been 8 WRs in the first round?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: 8 wide receivers in the first round. Not saying it can't happen and all those guys are talented but damn that's alot.

This is a better class than the 2016 class and they had 5 I think. With that said, I kind of think some of those will turn into guys trading up for a QB and possibly linemen. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a better class than the 2016 class and they had 5 I think. With that said, I kind of think some of those will turn into guys trading up for a QB and possibly linemen. 

I think an interior offensive linemen or 2 might sneak into the first along with another tackle or two.

Quarterbacks and Offensive Tackles are two positions teams reach for alot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I think an interior offensive linemen or 2 might sneak into the first along with another tackle or two.

Quarterbacks and Offensive Tackles are two positions teams reach for alot.

I could see the standard pick 30/31/32 being swapped for a team who wants to come up and snag the 5th year option on a tackle or QB for sure. 
Reply/Quote
Dylan Moses at 33. With the first round played out like that I would have to say Moses Austin Jackson or Josh Jones.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Dylan Moses at 33. With the first round played out like that I would have to say Moses Austin Jackson or Josh Jones.

Moses then a Tackle in the 3rd would 100% be the move and I wouldn't even blink. 
Reply/Quote
Moses in 2 and josh jones in 3 would be ideal imo based on this mock.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Dylan Moses at 33. With the first round played out like that I would have to say Moses Austin Jackson or Josh Jones.

Austin Jackson will be a stud.  He reminds me of Big Willie.  He is a prototype RT. I would have to take Jackson.  But I think Bengals will take Higgins at 33.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a better class than the 2016 class and they had 5 I think. With that said, I kind of think some of those will turn into guys trading up for a QB and possibly linemen. 

'16 was more top heavy, imo.  Only 3 WR's went in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd.  Braxton Miller was one of those 3rd rounders and he'd be a 6th-7th round flyer in this class.  
Reply/Quote
Mekhi becton, ot from Louisville just announced he will enter the draft. 6’7”, 360 lbs. 20 years old.

Any cardinals fans care to chime in on him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 04:24 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Mekhi becton, ot from Louisville just announced he will enter the draft. 6’7”, 360 lbs. 20 years old.

Any cardinals fans care to chime in on him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Cardinal fan here... but I would love him at RT day 1. Been talkin YB about him for awhile now.
Reply/Quote
I always crack up when I see these mocks, not because they are unrealistic, but because most of the national draftniks seem to forget the unwritten rules of draft day:

1. Pass rushers always go higher than they should
2. Corners tend to go higher than they should after the first couple
3. If anyone wants/needs a QB, they will trade up to get them in the top 5-12

So, 8 WRs? not a chance
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 12:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I always crack up when I see these mocks, not because they are unrealistic, but because most of the national draftniks seem to forget the unwritten rules of draft day:

1.  Pass rushers always go higher than they should
2.  Corners tend to go higher than they should after the first couple
3.  If anyone wants/needs a QB, they will trade up to get them in the top 5-12

So, 8 WRs?  not a chance

I wouldn't really say any of your unwritten rules are actually rules at all but small recent samples. 
  • This pass rushing class, especially on the edge, is not spectacular. There are a lot of good rushers but not a lot of great rushers. The combine may produce one or two more but this is not the class to be looking for a superstar rusher.
  • Last year Deandre Baker was the first CB off the board...at 30. Now that was a bad cornerback class and this one is better but I think the cornerback distribution in round one is reasonable here, maybe even a tad heavy.
  • We had one year where that happened, couple years ago with Watson/Mahomes, and then kind of with Allen when we let them move up and we got Glenn. Outside of that the MO was often to wait and see on QB's falling. Last year all we heard was you got to go get Haskins, but he fell to 16 for the Redskins. Then on the back side of the draft it was any minute someone will come springing up to get Drew Lock but he ended up falling all the way to pick 42. 
8 WR's? No, but 6 is VERY likely and is actually not really uncommon outside of the last couple years.

All this said, anyone can criticize an industry that success is defined at a rate lower than average major league baseball batting averages. In a lot of these cases at this point they are placing the best players versus taking desperate need of teams into account. That will change in a lot of post FA mocks.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be shocked to see someone trade up to #33 and the Bengals obtaining an extra 3rd round pick, especially if one of the QBs are there. Having the 2nd round on a separate day helps with that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:34 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked to see someone trade up to #33 and the Bengals obtaining an extra 3rd round pick, especially if one of the QBs are there.  Having the 2nd round on a separate day helps with that scenario.

I would be..if you are giving up the draft capital for 33 then 32 and a 5th year option isn't as big a difference.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: I would be..if you are giving up the draft capital for 33 then 32 and a 5th year option isn't as big a difference.

Good point.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 07:41 PM)Synric Wrote: I would be..if you are giving up the draft capital for 33 then 32 and a 5th year option isn't as big a difference.

Good point.
Reply/Quote

33 in the new draft format is a big deal because of the pause. Teams go back and watch more tape and they are sitting there all day thinking about that guy that’s on the board at 33 they never thought would be there. Not so much for a QB because of the 5th year but 33 is such a prime trading spot.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Every year people fall in love with guys and you start hearing the phrase "no way he falls out of the 1st" and then every year we come to the relization that there are more guys that fit this description then there are 1st round picks. So with that said take a look at McShay's mock and then realize how much talent is there at 33.

1. CIN - QB Joe Burrow LSU
  2. NYG - DE Chase Young OHIO ST
  3. WAS - WR Jerry Jeudy ALABAMA
  4. MIA - QB Tua Tagovailoa ALABAMA
  5. DET - CB Jeff Okudah OHIO ST
  6. ARI - WR CeeDee Lamb OKLAHOMA
  7. NYJ - OT Andrew Thomas GEORGIA
  8. JAX - OLB Isaiah Simmons CLEMSON
  9. CAR - DT Derrick Brown AUBURN
  10. LAC - QB Justin Herbert OREGON
  11. LV - CB Paulson Adebo STANFORD
  12. DEN - S Grant Delpit LSU
  13. ATL - CB CJ Henderson FLORIDA
  14. CLE - WR Tee Higgins CLEMSON
  15. IND - WR Justin Jefferson LSU
  16. LV - WR Laviska Shenault COLORADO
  17. TB - DT Javon Kinlaw SOUTH CAROLINA
  18. PHI - WR Henry Ruggs III ALABAMA
  19. JAX - DT Raekwon Davis ALABAMA
  20. MIA - DE Curtis Weaver BOISE ST
  21. TEN - RB D'Andre Swift GEORGIA
  22. DAL - S Xavier McKinney ALABAMA
  23. BUF - WR Brandon Aiyuk ARIZONA ST
  24. MIA - OL Alex Leatherwood ALABAMA
  25. MIN - CB Bryce Hall VIRGINIA
  26. GB - WR DeVonta Smith ALABAMA
  27. SEA - DT Marvin Wilson FLORIDA ST
  28. KC - CB Kristian Fulton LSU
  29. NO - DE AJ Epenesa IOWA
  30. NE - OT Tristan Wirfs IOWA
  31. SF - RB JK Dobbins OHIO ST
  32. BAL - DE Yetur Gross-Matos PENN ST
Note:

• here is the insane run on WR's, this was similar to the 2016 draft when we ended up waiting until the 2nd round and getting Boyd. History may repeat itself this year as we have a serious need for WR with AJ's status and a class that is not short on talent.
  • Only 3 QB's n the 1st doesn't seem realistic, I personally think Fromm ends up going in the late 20's with rumors Love will be a 1st rounder as well.
  • Lots of OL talent to be had at 33 along with some serious LB talent as well which bodes well for us.

Funny thing about that 2016 WR class...none of those 1st round WRs really amounted to much (yet at least). Coleman, Treadwell, Fuller, and Doctson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote