Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Does This Season Have In Common With The 1968 & 1969 Bengals Seasons ?
Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 08:53 AM)kevin Wrote: Tiger

1st round draft pick at center ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The owner will be the HC?
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 12:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1st round draft pick at center ?
Actually, this could be one.

Bengals were in AFL WEST 

This is one of those years that besides playing AFC North, Bengals play their old AFL WEST Division Teams

CHIEFS
RAIDERS
CHARGERS
BRONCOS

Plus they play Miami Dolphins. May not mean much to newer fans, but to fans of days at Nippert Stadium, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Bengals in AFL WEST was how it all started. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It will take a lot of acid to get through the season?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Weren't the Seahawks in the old AFC Central along with the Bengals, Browns, Steelers and Oilers?

I seem to remember that but could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 12:54 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Weren't the Seahawks in the old AFC Central along with the Bengals, Browns, Steelers and Oilers?

I seem to remember that but could be wrong.

It was Jacksonville, not Seattle.
Reply/Quote
Of course you are kidding because Bengals were never in same division with Seattle or Jacksonville.

Teams such as Green Bay and New York Giants and Chicago Bears are rich in teams they played decades ago. Now the Bengals not around as long as those teams, but Bengals are going into 51st year. We should not mock, but take pride in our history as much as other teams fans. The AFL at Nippert under Paul Brown was the start of Bengals and a huge part of team history. The Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos and Bengals was a hard division. Actually, things got easier in 1970 when Bengals left AFL West and into AFC Central with Browns, Steelers and Oilers because they went from last place in AFL West to first place in AFC Central. As for now in 2018, Bengals will still find a season of playing Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos is still hard. Yes, it is right to look at the Steelers, Ravens, Browns games first as division games. Still, watch out for these games with our old AFL West teams. Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers and Broncos will be hard games. I'm sure Bob Trumpy and players and fans from that era know that to be true. I'm sure young fans know these teams are tough to play in 2018. So much like Green Bay, New York Giants, Chicago Bears, Bengals also now have a long history and Bengals playing Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos are games rich in tradition and Bengals History. All 4 will be tough opponents, but I enjoy watching Bengals play them again. GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 05:56 AM)kevin Wrote: Of course you are kidding because Bengals were never in same division with Seattle or Jacksonville.

Jacksonville was in the Bengals division from 1995-2001.
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2018, 11:36 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Jacksonville was in the Bengals division from 1995-2001.

The AFC Central. I believe there was a short period in which it was only Division in the NFL with 6 teams:

Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Tennessee
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The AFC Central. I believe there was a short period in which it was only Division in the NFL with 6 teams:

Pittsburgh
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Jacksonville
Tennessee

I remember the AFC Central having 6 teams, but I thought there was a six team division in the NFC also.  I thought the NFL always had an even number of teams.  But there were actually a few years between the Browns returning and the Texans being created when there were 31 teams.

I have no idea how they rotated the schedules back then.
Reply/Quote
I know the answer.. They were named the Cincinnati Bengals in 68-69. And astonishing to all that's their name this year too! Betcha didn't know ,eh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I remember the AFC Central having 6 teams, but I thought there was a six team division in the NFC also.  I thought the NFL always bhad an even number of teams.  But there were actually a few years between the Browns returning and the Texans being created when there were 31 teams.

I have no idea how they rotated the schedules back then.

Yeah, it was 31 teams, which meant at least one team had a bye every week of the season. In 2000 the Bengals had their bye in week 1. You know how highly regarded they were by the league to get that!
Reply/Quote
I remember hating Fred Taylor and Eddie George.

And yes Seattle was in the afc back then but AFC West with Jon Kitna i believe at qb
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
What Does This Season Have In Common With The 1968 & 1969 Bengals Seasons ? 

Me flirting with teenage girls?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 09:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What Does This Season Have In Common With The 1968 & 1969 Bengals Seasons ? 

Me flirting with and getting completely rejected by teenage girls?

Yeah, I had that problem too at 9 years old.  It's kind of creepy when you're old enough to be their grandfathers.. and great grandfathers in some cases..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 06:04 AM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah, I had that problem too at 9 years old.  It's kind of creepy when you're old enough to be their grandfathers.. and great grandfathers in some cases..

whats that old joke...

"That's my favorite thing about high school girls... No matter how old I get, they stay the same age lol"
Reply/Quote