Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to think about since Neb's bored ...
We expect, the Bengals offensive line not to rarely give up any sacks and very few touches and hurries. When they do we say, "Great performance!"

We expect, the Bengals defensive line to get several sacks, touches, and hurries. When they do we say, "Great performance!"

So, if the Bengals had a season of the above scenario, what would we expect to happen, hypothetically of course, if the OL went against the DL?

Rarely, not ALWAYS, but rarely, do we say, man that other team played a great game in the trenches against the Bengals., which is often the way it plays out.
Reply/Quote
So, I would expect that there would be a zero - zero tie, and we would say - man, that was a superbowl preview.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 02:34 PM)BengalD Wrote: So, I would expect that there would be a zero - zero tie, and we would say - man, that was a superbowl preview.

0-0 tie would mean the defense won the battle.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2018, 03:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 0-0 tie would mean the defense won the battle.

Yes. But against the only offense that mattered.

Reply/Quote
Other teams never play great against us. Instead it's always our guys played terrible. Seldom do we ever see one of our offensive line players get beat for a sack and say, "Wow! That defensive end really played great against our offensive tackle!" It's almost always the other way around and we say, "Our offensive line guy really sucked."
How often do we forget that the other side gets paid to play the same game as well?  It's always a half empty glass, eh?
Of course recently our offensive line hasn't exactly inspired great novels about the greatest offensive line in history.  lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 08:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: Other teams never play great against us. Instead it's always our guys played terrible. Seldom do we ever see one of our offensive line players get beat for a sack and say, "Wow! That defensive end really played great against our offensive tackle!" It's almost always the other way around and we say, "Our offensive line guy really sucked."
How often do we forget that the other side gets paid to play the same game as well?  It's always a half empty glass, eh?
Of course recently our offensive line hasn't exactly inspired great novels about the greatest offensive line in history.  lol

My point exactly papaw!  Which is probably why there are many 'views' to this thread, but minuscule replies.

Yes, when the offensive line is allowing record setting sacks, touches, and hurries, game after game the whole season, then the OL needs some serious attention, OR if the defensive line goes game after game, the whole season, with minimal sacks, touches, and hurries then the DL definitely needs some attention as well.
Reply/Quote
Better yet, I wonder when Atkins and Dunlap get sacks, touches, and hurries, if the fans on the opposite team are saying, "Man this offensive lineman sucks. They're just letting Atkins and Dunlap bull rush them!"
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't it just look like the everyday, ordinary game?

The O Line would be able to stop the D Line most of the time with a D Lineman getting through for a hurry, knockdown, sack.
The D Line would still be giving up rushing and passing yards and QB Scrambles.

It would be just an ordinary game.

But once you get to other teams, that's when you will see dominance.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 11:10 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wouldn't it just look like the everyday, ordinary game?

The O Line would be able to stop the D Line most of the time with a D Lineman getting through for a hurry, knockdown, sack.
The D Line would still be giving up rushing and passing yards and QB Scrambles.

It would be just an ordinary game.

But once you get to other teams, that's when you will see dominance.

So an 'ordinary' game would be like the best OL facing the best DL and everything coming out pretty much even?  Neither one having the edge/momentum in the trenches?

Do you believe that there is such a game where neither line plays with the edge/momentum?  Everything comes out normal??
Reply/Quote