Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something to think about..
At least the Bengals aren't mentioned in the six worst moves thus far in free agency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-six-worst-moves-thus-far-in-nfl-free-agency/ar-BBUMUda?ocid=spartandhp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least the Bengals aren't mentioned in the six worst moves thus far in free agency.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/the-six-worst-moves-thus-far-in-nfl-free-agency/ar-BBUMUda?ocid=spartandhp

You know I was thinking today that people(including me) got there hopes up because of the coaching change and thought that we would sign a big name which was probably pretty stupid considering our coach changed and not our owner.

Now that I have calmed down about the Bobby Hart stuff which I still do not like I think that if we can finish this off with Brandon Marshall LB, a decent OG, DLine Depth, and maybe another TE we did solid in Free Agency. 

Hit a few good names in the draft and itll be a solid offseason. 

Will it be enough to move past the Ravens, Steelers, or Browns this upcoming season? Who knows? 

I think the Ravens are gonna disappoint since their QB cant throw and that defense lost quite a few key pieces.

The steelers lost 2 of the most dynamic players in the NFL over the last 2 years and Ben is another year older.

As for the Browns that is still a question mark in my mind, does Baker take a step or hit that sophomore slump? Hows the coach gonna work out? Do all those pieces come together or is it just alot of big names? We will have to wait and see.

I say we have a shot if we have a good draft, coaching is decent, and we can get some guys healthy or more involved(Ross).

Just trying to stay positive right now.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least the Bengals aren't mentioned in the six worst moves thus far in free agency.

They are listing trades in worst free agency moves. The list is automatically null and void.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They are listing trades in worst free agency moves. The list is automatically null and void.

trades are part of free agency as they cant be completed until FA starts.

just like trades on draft day are part of draft strategies.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: trades are part of free agency as they cant be completed until FA starts.

just like trades on draft day are part of draft strategies.

No it's not. The trades just can be done until the new year starts. Besides the Giants traded OBJ for draft picks and one player, why isn't that list as one of the worst draft moves instead of free agency moves. Neither OBJ or Peppers are free agents.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: They are listing trades in worst free agency moves. The list is automatically null and void.

MUST DEFEND BENGAL FAN VICTIM CARD!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: MUST DEFEND BENGAL FAN VICTIM CARD!!!

Just when I thought that the Bengals might have escaped being listed for making one of the worst deals, I click on a story in my news feed to discover this.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/5-worst-deals-from-the-start-of-nfl-free-agency/ar-BBUQHlR?ocid=spartandhp

Quote:Hart looked more like someone fighting to stay in the NFL than a player worthy of a contract that will put him inside the top 10 highest-paid right tackles if he hits incentives to increase the $16.15-million base value. The deal won't make or break Cincinnati's season, of course. But for a team short on optimism heading into 2019, rewarding poor players isn't the way to get the Bengals fanbase to believe the Zac Taylor era will be any different to the one that preceded it.

Evidently, it appears that someone working for The Score, must also be a reader of these boards..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

OK?????

My heart ache with these types of articles for guys who write them each year is where is the analysis on the worst six moves made in FA/Trades in 2018? How did you do?

It is easy to trash any move now, be accountable and report back to us in 2020 after the players play for their new teams.

Some take these articles as the gospel, when in fact I think they are wrong as much as they correct. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote