Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somewhat Encouraging News
As putrid as the entire AFC North is this season, 9-7 might win the division! Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
True. Not sure, but aren't these the standings?

Steelers- 4-2
Ravens- 3-3
Bengals- 2-4
Browns- 0-6

Plus we get the Browns and the Steelers get the Pats next week. It's likely that we're 1 game back after next week. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Plus we get the Browns and the Steelers get the Pats next week. It's likely that we're 1 game back after next week. 

I'm not sure Cincinnati can beat Cleveland right now.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are going to go on a run so that's a bit misleading.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm not sure Cincinnati can beat Cleveland right now.

It's never easy against them and it's as much of a must win for us as it is for them... But if we lose this game we are pretty much done
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:22 PM)J24 Wrote: Steelers are going to go on a run so that's a bit misleading.

It's Pittsburgh's year and I hate saying that.  No one else in the AFC looks dominant right now and I look at the Steelers' loss to the Fish today as an anomaly.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's Pittsburgh's year and I hate saying that.  No one else in the AFC looks dominant right now and I look at the Steelers' loss to the Fish today as an anomaly.

What does that make the ass kicking they took against Philly?

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's Pittsburgh's year and I hate saying that.  No one else in the AFC looks dominant right now and I look at the Steelers' loss to the Fish today as an anomaly.

Just like their 34-3 loss to Philly was an anomaly? They've been blown out twice by supposedly inferior opponents and they struggle with the Pats. It's likely they'll be 4-3 after next week and at a crossroads. The AFC is still owned by the team we faced today. 

For your other post, you know if you're betting a paycheck on Bengals vs Browns, the money is going on the Bengals. The Browns may be in the midst of an 0-16 season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

NE - Better all around team than the Squeelers.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just like their 34-3 loss to Philly was an anomaly? They've been blown out twice by supposedly inferior opponents and they struggle with the Pats. It's likely they'll be 4-3 after next week and at a crossroads. The AFC is still owned by the team we faced today. 

For your other post, you know if you're betting a paycheck on Bengals vs Browns, the money is going on the Bengals. The Browns may be in the midst of an 0-16 season.

I hope you're right about the Turds going 0-16 because that means Cincinnati will win at least two more games. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Was hoping beyond hope you were going to be saying Mike was concerned with this total lack of discipline and looking at coaching staff.

Watching the Packers lose like men to the Cowboys right now.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are perhaps the biggest head-scratcher so far this season. Open on the road and crush the Skins, follow that up with a big early division win against us, then get spanked by Philly, come home to hammer the Chiefs and Jets, then travel to Miami of all places and get it handed to them by the Phins.

I really have no idea what to make of PIT. One week they are the best team in the AFC, the next the look like they are going into the off-season holding a Top 10 draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Everybody except Cleveland should be knotted up at 3-3
if the refs did not hose us so bad in Steeler game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Vegas runs the show.

They were saying how much money people were putting on the Patriots and Steelers this week. They mentioned that a lot of people were using them in a parlay to further their winnings. I mean, who the hell would think that Steelers would lose to the Dolphins??

That said, games like that do happen and will happen. Watch the Steelers blast the Patriots next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As putrid as the entire AFC North is this season, 9-7 might win the division! Hilarious

Sad reality is, I don't see 7 more wins.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:48 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Steelers are perhaps the biggest head-scratcher so far this season.  Open on the road and crush the Skins, follow that up with a big early division win against us, then get spanked by Philly, come home to hammer the Chiefs and Jets, then travel to Miami of all places and get it handed to them by the Phins.

I really have no idea what to make of PIT.  One week they are the best team in the AFC, the next the look like they are going into the off-season holding a Top 10 draft pick.

Officiating is a big thing for the Steelers.  Their OL and DB's are complete garbage.  If the zebras "let them play" and they can grab and hold like they did against us, they're pretty tough.  If they can't hold, they can't pass pro good enough to get those explosive offensive plays and their secondary gets cut to ribbons.  

Reality is, though, when they need wins down the stretch, the refs will swallow their whistles.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:55 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Vegas runs the show.

They were saying how much money people were putting on the Patriots and Steelers this week. They mentioned that a lot of people were using them in a parlay to further their winnings. I mean, who the hell would think that Steelers would lose to the Dolphins??

That said, games like that do happen and will happen. Watch the Steelers blast the Patriots next week.

Straight up, no way I take the Fins. However, what was the spread?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Straight up, no way I take the Fins. However, what was the spread?

Pitt -7.5

People were parlaying them and the Patriots to straight up win like crazy.
Reply/Quote
It's probably already written by a script writer kept locked in a dark, dank room. The script reads like this,  Bengals get off to a horrendous start at 2-4 then out of nowhere go on a rampage and win like 6 straight till the end of the season when Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Baltimore are all knotted up at 11-5 or something like that only to have 'the grudgematch rematch of the century ' where of course Pittsburgh wins in the final four seconds again, but this time it'll be Dalton who loses it and runs over and kicks Rottenboogers ass on the sidelines and gets suspended four games.. 
Come 
to think about it that might be 10x more interesting than the game itself.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote