Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Songs you like by bands you don't.
I don't even know if this is a topic, but I'm bored.

I don't like ZZ Topp. I don't know why, but they just don't do anything for me. However, I really like "Just Got Paid". I like it a lot, and I can't figure out why I like that song and none others. (That are on the radio. That's all of their songs I know.) Does it have a different sound than their other songs? I don't know.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rockstar by the dreaded Nickleback

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't even know if this is a topic, but I'm bored.

I don't like ZZ Topp.  I don't know why, but they just don't do anything for me.  However, I really like "Just Got Paid".  I like it a lot, and I can't figure out why I like that song and none others.  (That are on the radio.  That's all of their songs I know.)  Does it have a different sound than their other songs?  I don't know.

Just Got Paid harkens back to the blues infused origins of the band.  Chances are, if you like that song, you'll like some of the deeper tracks from that era.

I'll go with two songs.....Wanted Dead or Alive and Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't even know if this is a topic, but I'm bored.

I don't like ZZ Topp.  I don't know why, but they just don't do anything for me.  However, I really like "Just Got Paid".  I like it a lot, and I can't figure out why I like that song and none others.  (That are on the radio.  That's all of their songs I know.)  Does it have a different sound than their other songs?  I don't know.

give "A fool for your stockings" a listen and "Jesus just left Chicago"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 03:05 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: give "A fool for your stockings" a listen and "Jesus just left Chicago"

Two that instantly popped into my head when he said that.....add "Blue Jean Blues", "Just Got Back from Baby's", "Brown Sugar", "Certified Blues", "Francine", "Hot, Blue, and Righteous", "Sheik", "Thunderbird", "Balinese", "Backdoor Medley", "Mexican Blackbird", so many good ones early on.....

Basically, you want this:

[Image: babeb2c008a06dcbc3566010.l.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Believe it or not, I don't really like The Stones. But I love "Sympathy For The Devil".
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Kanye West - Heartless

Preferably covered by someone else.

Can't stand him or the rest of his music.

Luke Bryan - Drink A Beer

Same story. Better by someone else and can't stand his music.

Probably because it was written by Chris Stapleton.

Luke Bryan has probably some of the worst most shallow music out there today. Sick
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 02:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just Got Paid harkens back to the blues infused origins of the band.  Chances are, if you like that song, you'll like some of the deeper tracks from that era.

I'll go with two songs.....Wanted Dead or Alive and Blaze of Glory by Bon Jovi.

Not a fan of Bon Jovi either, but I'll go with the Runaway song.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out on my daughter's Spotify Prime when she comes home for fall break.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 09:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll check them out on my daughter's Spotify Prime when she comes home for fall break.

Yeah man....check the track listing from "The Six Pack".....or "One Foot in the Blues"

Reply/Quote
Friend of the Devil by the Grateful Dead
Reply/Quote
"Farmhouse" - Phish

But, I don't know if I "don't like" Phish, though.  I'm at least "extremely disinterested".

Reply/Quote
Teenage Dream by Katie Perry...

You heard me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 02:02 PM)jason Wrote: Teenage Dream by Katie Perry...

You heard me.

Surely you jest!?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 07:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Kanye West - Heartless

Preferably covered by someone else.

Can't stand him or the rest of his music.

Luke Bryan - Drink A Beer

Same story.  Better by someone else and can't stand his music.  

Probably because it was written by Chris Stapleton.

Luke Bryan has probably some of the worst most shallow music out there today.  Sick

I was just thinking this song by Luke Bryan.  Love the song and didn't know it was written by Stapleton. That makes it even better in my book. 

There's a couple songs from Kenny Chesney that I really like, but I can't stand modern country.  "Went Out Last Night" and "Boys of Fall" and "Somewhere With You" are 3 of my favorites of his. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 09:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I was just thinking this song by Luke Bryan.  Love the song and didn't know it was written by Stapleton. That makes it even better in my book. 

There's a couple songs from Kenny Chesney that I really like, but I can't stand modern country.  "Went Out Last Night" and "Boys of Fall" and "Somewhere With You" are 3 of my favorites of his. 

For some reason i have his album Road and the Radio...there are a couple of decent tunes on there.  In a Small Town I like and Tequila Loves Me is a bit of a catchy tune...Jimmy Buffet t-esque.
Reply/Quote
Don't know if this is at the top of my list, but I ran across it today. Freedom by George Michael. The rest of his stuff is like nails on the chalkboard to me, but I've always liked this song.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Slipknot - Duality

Slipknot just ain't my cup of tea in general.  Stupid masks and shit.

I prefer Corey in Stone Sour.  "epidemic of the mannequins" what a classic line from this song.

Most people know this one.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of the Police. I'd rather take a butt whipping than listen to Da De De Do Da Da Da Da, but I always liked Don't Stand So Close To Me.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 08:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Don't know if this is at the top of my list, but I ran across it today.  Freedom by George Michael.  The rest of his stuff is like nails on the chalkboard to me, but I've always liked this song.

agreed.

at Live Aid (80s) he did Elton John's dont let the sun go down with elton playing piano.  he did a great job on that.  he had a good voice but his music never apealed to me either.
Reply/Quote