Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonny Gray traded to Twins
Sonny Gray and minor league pitcher Francis Peguero to Twins for pitcher Chase Petty.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/twins-to-acquire-sonny-gray-from-reds.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup, all part of Nick's master plan to eliminate the peaks and valleys. Whatever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 72884c7f98149bd422e488510277f2b0b9-20-du...e.w700.gif]

Sell the team, Bob.

Reply/Quote
This means the rebuild is on. How many times must we rebuild to win a championship?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:58 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: This means the rebuild is on. How many times must we rebuild to win a championship?

Championship? LOL

Let’s worry about winning a single playoff series first. 27 years and counting…

Reply/Quote
Next Krall will trade Mahle, Castillo, and Winker for a bag of magic beans.
Reply/Quote
It is horrible to watch an ownership group totally ruin a historic franchise this way.

I mean at this point, they aren't even trying to be relevant.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well, that rebuild was a colossal failure...

At this point, it seems like our window is closed with Votto. I don't think we build a winning team in the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Someone explain this trade to me in Bengals fashion. Please.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
So long, Sonny.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 08:53 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Someone explain this trade to me in Bengals fashion. Please.

The Cincinnati Bengals trade Tee Higgins to the Minnesota Vikings for Sean Mannion.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:44 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals trade Tee Higgins to the Minnesota Vikings for Sean Mannion.

Holy shit
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:44 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The Cincinnati Bengals trade Tee Higgins to the Minnesota Vikings for Sean Mannion.

Nailed it.
Reply/Quote
I want to love my hometown team again but I just can’t bring myself to under this regime. I just hope this shedding of payroll is a precursor to selling the team. This city deserves better, Cardinal Bob and Co. have got to go!
Reply/Quote
we starting the there's always next year early this season?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It is horrible to watch an ownership group totally ruin a historic franchise this way.

I mean at this point, they aren't even trying to be relevant.

Let me guess, you want them to spend money, like they did in 2020, to get zero playoff wins out of it?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 03:05 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sonny Gray and minor league pitcher Francis Peguero to Twins for pitcher Chase Petty.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/twins-to-acquire-sonny-gray-from-reds.html

Sonny Gray wasn't very good last year.  The MLB New CBA has Reds looking at how to adapt to the changes. This may not be the last payroll dump by Reds this season.  Suarez and Moose need to hit a lot better than last year.  Get those Batting Averages UP or be traded. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:16 PM)kevin Wrote: Sonny Gray wasn't very good last year.  The MLB New CBA has Reds looking at how to adapt to the changes. This may not be the last payroll dump by Reds this season.  Suarez and Moose need to hit a lot better than last year.  Get those Batting Averages UP or be traded. 

He had a 3.4 WAR which puts him at 36th among pitchers. That's not exactly bad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/war/leaders/_/type/pitching/year/2021

I think it's a loss to the team, he's a good pitcher.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:08 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Let me guess, you want them to spend money, like they did in 2020, to get zero playoff wins out of it?

I want them to pick up the phone and literally talk to the best player from last year's team and not accept that he is "too expensive" to sign.

When they came out and point blank said they weren't even going to talk to Nick, that showed that the team just doesn't even care. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 03:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I want them to pick up the phone and literally talk to the best player from last year's team and not accept that he is "too expensive" to sign.

When they came out and point blank said they were even going to talk to Nick, that showed that the team just doesn't even care. 

& if they spend a ton of money and come up short, I'd rather that be the approach than whatever the hell Krall is babbling about with the no peak & valley idiom.
Reply/Quote