Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooooooooooooooooooo ... Randy Bullock
If the Eagles keep Bullock, we should sign the man he replaced. Caleb Sturgis is almost due to come off IR and is probably better than both Elliott and Bullock.

With the Eagles, he's connected with 84.8% of his FG's and 94.3% of his XP's (all under new rule). He even has major range for those obsessed with that. 13 of 24 (54.2%) on 50+ yard FG's in his career. Only 28 years old, so could easily play 10 more years (kickers play forever).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I fully admit, I was Team Elliot this preseason. I also fully admit that Bullock performed better. I also admit I expected more out of this team than they've performed to date and so I understood going with the "win now" guy.

However, based on his recent play, I gotta say, I wish we had kept Elliot. There would have been growing pains, sure, but if we're going to have a guy that misses, at least, let's have a guy who can kick the hell out of the ball that could potentially be here for a long while.

I was for Elliott as well and didn't blame them for keeping Bullock.

Obviously was the wrong decision as we all know now though.

Toot, toot!!! Need a Major Payne GIF for this one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was for Elliott as well and didn't blame them for keeping Bullock.

Obviously was the wrong decision as we all know now though.

Toot, toot!!! Need a Major Payne GIF for this one. Mellow

[Image: FAJzQ9f.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: FAJzQ9f.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If the Eagles keep Bullock, we should sign the man he replaced. Caleb Sturgis is almost due to come off IR and is probably better than both Elliott and Bullock.

With the Eagles, he's connected with 84.8% of his FG's and 94.3% of his XP's (all under new rule). He even has major range for those obsessed with that. 13 of 24 (54.2%) on 50+ yard FG's in his career. Only 28 years old, so could easily play 10 more years (kickers play forever).

Wishful thinking Shake.  He's all ours.

Agree with whomever spoke about the competition and its outcome.  We were screaming for a kicker competition three years ago, and we got one that produced a clear winner in the coaches' eyes, so we rolled with Fat Randy.  We cant keep everyone.  Elliot should have done better in camp and pre-season.  Glad for him, though, he's going to the playoffs.  Think he lies awake at night sometimes thinking about the bullet he dodged by not winning the competition here?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2017, 10:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wishful thinking Shake.  He's all ours.

Agree with whomever spoke about the competition and its outcome.  We were screaming for a kicker competition three years ago, and we got one that produced a clear winner in the coaches' eyes, so we rolled with Fat Randy.  We cant keep everyone.  Elliot should have done better in camp and pre-season.  Glad for him, though, he's going to the playoffs.  Think he lies awake at night sometimes thinking about the bullet he dodged by not winning the competition here?

Maybe he was smart enough to show his leg strength without actually winning the competition so the first team (that didn't suck) in need of a kicker would come calling. Luckily for him, that team has a scouting department, an owner committed to winning, a coach that isn't brain-dead, and assistant coaches that....gasps! actually coach up their players. 

And no, I don't really believe he would have thrown the competition, but he has to feel like losing to Randy was the best career move he ever made.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On the bright side for Elliott had he stayed here he would have missed fewer times since we've scored a lot fewer TDs...and have gotten within FG range fewer times..  The opportunities people miss.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You want an All-Pro practice participant? You go fat Randy.

Who cares he is a proven choke artist and we burned a draft pick selecting the first kicker in the draft.

Are you trying to win games or watch fat randy practice?

Im trying to watch fat randy drill those clutch practice FGs. Thats what it is all about. Who cares game pressure is too much and dude chokes consistently. Go watch practice and tell me who sucks.
Reply/Quote
Meh still would have kept Elliot... If you're going to draft a kicker at that spot, you should at least show some commitment to him. You know he's going to come and go through some growing pains. Just silly to draft a guy in that round only to cut him for a guy who's not really lengths and bounds better, and who you're probably paying more to. I could see if Bullock was as good as Justin Tucker, but he's far from it, so whats the harm in keeping Elliot over a guy who's marginally average.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote