Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooooooooooooooooooo ... Randy Bullock
I fully admit, I was Team Elliot this preseason. I also fully admit that Bullock performed better. I also admit I expected more out of this team than they've performed to date and so I understood going with the "win now" guy.

However, based on his recent play, I gotta say, I wish we had kept Elliot. There would have been growing pains, sure, but if we're going to have a guy that misses, at least, let's have a guy who can kick the hell out of the ball that could potentially be here for a long while.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I’m wondering if his back still isn’t an issue, missed XP’s both games since coming back. Maybe he rushed back for fear of losing his job

Also Elliott could be available when the Eagles kicker gets healthy, if so I’d swap him out in a second
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m wondering if his back still isn’t an issue, missed XP’s both games since coming back. Maybe he rushed back for fear of losing his job

Gotta admit, Koehn (or whateve rhis name was) did a pretty good job. Probably could save MB some bucks if he cut Bullock and brought Koehn (or whatever his name was) back.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
I was at the game yesterday up in the 3rd tier somewhat parallel with the field goal. After our 1st score I turned to the broncos fans around me as said 'I got $10 that says he misses the xp.' I initially couldn't tell that he actually missed it due to my angle, but everyone around started laughing hysterically. Classic bengals fandom moment.

Dude is garbage. BYE BYE.
Reply/Quote
Hindsight is grand.Im confident the coaches would have kept Elliot if they knew this season would be over by the halfway mark. Just got unlucky on that one.
Reply/Quote
He is trash. Should have kept Elliot. More upside, younger, and you freaking drafted him in like the 5th round.

Bengals are so stupid.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He is trash. Should have kept Elliot. More upside, younger, and you freaking drafted him in like the 5th round.

Bengals are so stupid.

[Image: hes-right-you-know.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You guys did see Jake Elliott miss a 32-yard lay up indoors last night right before he got knocked out of the game?

Looking back I would have kept Jake but hey hindsight is 20/20

**PS Mike "I Miss XPs" Nugent was 3 for 3 last night right?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: You guys did see Jake Elliott miss a 32-yard lay up indoors last night right before he got knocked out of the game?

I find it interesting we kept the "win now" guy and we're not winning while the "win later" guy is on a team that is winning now. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I fully admit, I was Team Elliot this preseason. I also fully admit that Bullock performed better. I also admit I expected more out of this team than they've performed to date and so I understood going with the "win now" guy.

However, based on his recent play, I gotta say, I wish we had kept Elliot. There would have been growing pains, sure, but if we're going to have a guy that misses, at least, let's have a guy who can kick the hell out of the ball that could potentially be here for a long while.

Eagles have as much chance of winning Super Bowl as anybody.......Soooooooo.....Our questionable 5th round draft pick when we needed blocking and we cut him anyway.....He could end up in Super Bowl.....He could easily WIN A PLAY-OFF GAME, something Bengals haven't done in 27 years. ....Sounds to me like Elliott got the best end of everything.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Fun Fact: Elliot probably part of a playoff win.

#houstonoilers
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I fully admit, I was Team Elliot this preseason. I also fully admit that Bullock performed better. I also admit I expected more out of this team than they've performed to date and so I understood going with the "win now" guy.

My Guess is he's still dealing with the bad back but we needed the roster spot elsewhere so he has to play... (over having 2 kickers)
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:38 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I was at the game yesterday up in the 3rd tier somewhat parallel with the field goal.  After our 1st score I turned to the broncos fans around me as said 'I got $10 that says he misses the xp.'  I initially couldn't tell that he actually missed it due to my angle, but everyone around started laughing hysterically.  Classic bengals fandom moment.

Dude is garbage.  BYE BYE.

How can you call him garbage...  he tried to help you win money.
Reply/Quote
You know what's really crazy?

The last playoff win for the Bengals was four years before Elliot was born, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 05:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: You guys did see Jake Elliott miss a 32-yard lay up indoors last night right before he got knocked out of the game?

I think he actually got knocked loopy on the opening kick off when he had to save the TD. I suspect he was concussed when he misse pd that field goal. He was probably wondering why there were 4 goal post when he missed the FG.
Reply/Quote
This thread would have more merit if Elliott was doing well; however, he is not.

If we want young, talented, and growing pains we can just pluck Roberto Aguayo off the Panther's PS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 06:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This thread would have more merit if Elliott was doing well; however, he is not.

If we want young, talented, and growing pains we can just pluck Roberto Aguayo off the Panther's PS

I don't get why people think we need an amazing kicker right now. Elliott has done well for the Eagles, and has a chance to grow. We are not contending for anything, so why in the world did we stick with the guy who's proven to be mediocre? Why not take a chance?

I'm not saying he's the next Janikowski, but at least we could've seen what we had in him.

So yes, this thread has plenty of merit. He's a solid young kicker, with plenty of room to grow. But yeah, let's take Bullock.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 06:59 PM)thillan Wrote: I don't get why people think we need an amazing kicker right now. Elliott has done well for the Eagles, and has a chance to grow. We are not contending for anything, so why in the world did we stick with the guy who's proven to be mediocre? Why not take a chance?

I'm not saying he's the next Janikowski, but at least we could've seen what we had in him.

So yes, this thread has plenty of merit. He's a solid young kicker, with plenty of room to grow. But yeah, let's take Bullock.

Well look at it this way we just got off a bad season with a kicker missing way to many in close games that could have made the difference..

The question should be why the hell Elliot couldn't be more consistant in practice when he has 1 job.
THe NFL is about winning you keep the guys that give you the best chance to do that. His 1 61 yarder doesn't make up for what hes missed hes just fortante to be on a team that's scoring a ton so its not getting as noticed.

We've missed in the draft more than hit the last couple years most teams do... But we were given Tobin a ton of credit for the good drafts and people blame the coaches for the bad ones?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 06:59 PM)thillan Wrote: I don't get why people think we need an amazing kicker right now. Elliott has done well for the Eagles, and has a chance to grow. We are not contending for anything, so why in the world did we stick with the guy who's proven to be mediocre? Why not take a chance?

What makes Elliott a solid young kicker? He's near the bottom of the league in both FG and XP percentage. Did you just men to say he's a young kicker?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Bullock has been bad lately and they should probably look for another option, but we all need to live in reality and remember that Elliott lost the job himself.

Elliott is not the answer.

He has played in 9 regular season games this year. He has missed a kick in 6 of them.

Jake Elliott has missed at least one kick in 66.7% of the games he has played in.

He kicked some long FGs, but otherwise he has been BAD. The Eagles just score enough that their kicker being hella-inaccurate doesn't really matter. Marvin Lewis teams almost always play close games due to conservative play with a lead, and Elliott's inaccuracy would matter a ton here.

If Jake Elliott was missing this many kicks for the Bengals, everyone pining for him now would be torch in hand for his head.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote