Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry for complaining last night
Honestly, I didn't see Ragnow gain much momentum on this site until he started climbing the draft board with certain analysts. From January to March, I distinctly recall Price being the most frequently mocked Center for the Bengals on this site (as far as the first round was concerned). Ragnow gains traction in the last month and suddenly people are acting like this is a huge downgrade.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:54 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, I didn't see Ragnow gain much momentum on this site until he started climbing the draft board with certain analysts. From January to March, I distinctly recall Price being the most frequently mocked Center for the Bengals on this site (as far as the first round was concerned). Ragnow gains traction in the last month and suddenly people are acting like this is a huge downgrade.

I’m guessing 99% of the people that wanted him was because of Lapham.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I have to admit that when the Lions took Ragnow, my heart sunk just a little. I actually held my breath for a moment, when it came time for the Bengals to make their selection. I was just thinking to myself, "Don't screw it up, just take Billy Price!".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: I really wanted Ragnow but obviously the Lions screwed us. I did some research on Price and he looks really good. I’m also happy that the Titans screwed over the Steelers by taking Evans

Don't worry about last night, things can get heated in the draft and game day threads.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have to admit that when the Lions took Ragnow, my heart sunk just a little. I actually held my breath for a moment, when it came time for the Bengals to make their selection. I was just thinking to myself, "Don't screw it up, just take Billy Price!".

I cursed and yelled like a sailor after Detroit picked ragnow, to the point I thought my wife would tell me to stfu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hell beyond that we took an OHIO STATE player in the first round...

When was the last time? Big Daddy? Before that Archie Griffin?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:47 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Yeah me to mate, I really had a feeling they were going to call Lamar Jackson and totally screw it up

I thought it would be josh Jackson the CB
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have to admit that when the Lions took Ragnow, my heart sunk just a little.  I actually held my breath for a moment, when it came time for the Bengals to make their selection.  I was just thinking to myself, "Don't screw it up, just take Billy Price!".

that's why you don't put all your hopes onto one guy...  When we got to Detriot and Both Centers were still there I at least knew we could get one.

Top of the draft was pretty crazy..

but luckily that late round OL run never really kicked off... it could early tonight but a lot of talent everywhere left.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's why you don't put all your hopes onto one guy...  When we got to Detriot and Both Centers were still there I at least knew we could get one.

Top of the draft was pretty crazy..

but luckily that late round OL run never really kicked off... it could early tonight but a lot of talent everywhere left.

There could be a running back or two taken tonight before we pick and a wide receiver or two plus Mason Rudolph is still out there plus that 3rd Center.

That could leave some very talented players at positions we really need or want by the time our pick #46 rolls around.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: I really wanted Ragnow but obviously the Lions screwed us. I did some research on Price and he looks really good. I’m also happy that the Titans screwed over the Steelers by taking Evans

It all good man, the Draft brings out a lot of emotions lol ThumbsUp

Couldn't have a better pick though, i wanted Ragnow myself but Price is just as good honestly and is a better run
blocker. The pectoral tear was the main reason why i wanted Ragnow but the Lions did screw us, we were going to
take Ragnow, but what a great pick not batting an eye and grabbing Billy Price who has more upside then Ragnow.

I can sit back and enjoy the Draft now, we got our stud Center in the 1st, that is all i wanted, now let the BPA begin.

Heard we are looking at either Geron Christian, Connor Williams, Ronnie Harrison, Jessie Bates III, Lorenzo Carter
or Nwosu in the 2nd and 3rd rounds today. Love all these players.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m guessing 99% of the people that wanted him was because of Lapham.

Well i guess i am the 1%.

I wanted Ragnow at 21 way before Lap ever spoke about him.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i guess i am the 1%.

I wanted Ragnow at 21 way before Lap ever spoke about him.

Lump me into the 1% too.

But I was just as elated when Price was picked, as I was angry when Ragnow was picked; 1A and 1B.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lump me into the 1% too.

But I was just as elated when Price was picked, as I was angry when Ragnow was picked; 1A and 1B.

Same here, these were the two guys i wanted all along.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have to admit that when the Lions took Ragnow, my heart sunk just a little.  I actually held my breath for a moment, when it came time for the Bengals to make their selection.  I was just thinking to myself, "Don't screw it up, just take Billy Price!".

My feelings exactly! I though for sure we would try to wait it out till the 2nd round to get our center when the Lions took Ragnow. I was almost wanting scream out, "take Price, he's right there for you".... people think I'm nuts enough as it is!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lump me into the 1% too.

only thing that was bad about it was the pipe dream of getting both lol
Reply/Quote
I was one who said "I am not a fan of this pick" yesterday. Not because of anything against Wild Bill, but just thought we might have been able to trade back and get him at the end of the first round. But again, you never know, maybe you miss out on him even dropping back 5 spots.

Pretty soon I "brushed it off" and now am on the Wild Bill Bandwagon. The Bengals probably had both Ragnow and Price rated very similarly, even if they maybe had Ragnow a bit higher (only going by Lapham's prediction). Now after a night to sleep on it, I'm starting to get excited that we have an OSU center (even though I've stopped being an OSU fan for quite some time now) on the team who is about to become a day 1 starter. With this guy's talent, smarts and attitude, along with Pollack coaching the line, I think we actually have a stud center who can play in Cincinnati for many years. I'm hoping Pollack can convince MB to get Wild Bill a second contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 02:55 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I was one who said "I am not a fan of this pick" yesterday.   Not because of anything against Wild Bill, but just thought we might have been able to trade back and get him at the end of the first round.  But again, you never know, maybe you miss out on him even dropping back 5 spots.

Pretty soon I "brushed it off" and now am on the Wild Bill Bandwagon. The Bengals probably had both Ragnow and Price rated very similarly, even if they maybe had Ragnow a bit higher (only going by Lapham's prediction). Now after a night to sleep on it, I'm starting to get excited that we have an OSU center (even though I've stopped being an OSU fan for quite some time now) on the team who is about to become a day 1 starter. With this guy's talent, smarts and attitude, along with Pollack coaching the line, I think we actually have a stud center who can play in Cincinnati for many years. I'm hoping Pollack can convince MB to get Wild Bill a second contract.

This should finally prove to Mike once and for all that having a stud Center is of the most importance.

I expect us to finally get over the Playoff hump now atleast if we keep this up. When this happens it will be obvious
that the stud Center is what we needed all along and we will value Wild Bill and give him a lengthy contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Price pick makes sense. He's got a shot as being just as good or better than Ragnow. Seems like they got their hearts broke, but sounds like they genuinely held him in high regard as well.

We got out starting center. Didn't pass on anyone we thought would slip (no one did), so why not get the pick out the way early, and move forward with building the team.

Now the real draft can begin.
Don't forget, the Bengals also have Pollack as OLine coach. That's a definite improvement. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Major upgrade at Center !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:48 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Within a couple of years he will take over the role of whitworth as far as being the leader of the line in particular and locker room in general.
I agree, I wasnt jumping up and down at first over this pick , Billy seemed kind of average to me, after watching more film. lol highlights on youtube . This is a guy who loves football and is a natural  born leader, His football IQ is off the charts, A true student of the game, what I love about him besides all that is, HE DOES NOT LET D LINEMAN RUN RIGHT PAST HIM LIKE BODINE, HE CREATES A GREAT POCKET BY STOPPING THE RUSH UP THE MIDDLE Wink  PRICE 1000 x > bodine. Hopefully Pollack can get him too the Pro bowl year after year, he has that potential due to his work ethic.
Reply/Quote