Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, this sums up our coach Marvin Lewis. Actual quote.
It'll be the same thing he will say tomorrow during his Monday presser, only he will mix in that deep belly giggle.

"C'mon Dave. A tie isn't that bad, AAAAAhahahehehehahahehahehhheheheeee....ahhhh. Thanks guys."
Reply/Quote
TBF he did ice the kicker to give us the tie. The first one did go through.

Thing is, i hate ties.

I wish he would have said "I hate ties" too.

..and giggled a bit.

Reply/Quote
Let us NOT forget that several years ago in Cleveland, time was running down in OT and the Bengals had the ball with 4th and whatever in plus territory and Marvy ol boy wanted to punt. Essentially conceding the tie. It took extreme lobbying from his Carson qb to get him to go for it. They did. And they won. Despite Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Good friend I grew up with is a Skins fan, he texted me after they missed that iced FG talking about how they suck and we're going to win. I sent back "don't worry, Bengals will find a way to F this up, Marvin lives for ties." Low and behold here we are.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Q. On the tie:

COACH LEWIS: You don't get the win but you don't get a loss either.

And you go around calling people's thread pointless.  Hilarious The irony is too much.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What should he have said about a tie?

"I am disappointed because we really needed a win and didn't get it.  Our defense gave up far too many yards and our kicker missed important kicks.  We need to get those things corrected.  We can't have a critical fumble in overtime when the game is on the line".
Reply/Quote
Too bad Harbaugh wouldn't take the drastic pay cut to leave Michigan to coach the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I thought I was going to get a "A lot of teams would love to have tied today" quote.

Marvin may be running on a lean mixture, but he's not Tommy Tuberville
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Let us NOT forget that several years ago in Cleveland, time was running down in OT and the Bengals had the ball with 4th and whatever in plus territory and Marvy ol boy wanted to punt. Essentially conceding the tie. It took extreme lobbying from his Carson qb to get him to go for it. They did. And they won. Despite Marvin.

I'll never forget that. Marvin had the team play scared and conservative after beating Pittsburgh the week before. Thank god Carson had the sack to tell Marv to f*** off
Reply/Quote
The Bengals played a horrible game so Marvin was glad we didn't lose because we deserved it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
To be fair to Marvin, his quote seems quite intelligent compared to Gruden's...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jay-gruden-didnt-know-bengals-redskins-tie-2016-10?r=US&IR=T
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Ties suck and it's not acceptable and changes will be made.

Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:35 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I can't decide who's more annoying; you or FredToast. Maybe it's a tie.

So would you like to comment on the tie?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:15 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I'm sure he was smug about it. Doughy losers shouldn't be allowed to be smug.

but we didn't lose
Reply/Quote