Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sorry to Bother You" great movie
It starts out as a comedy about black telemarketers getting rich by "talking white" but then it just spins out in a direction you will never imagine.

If you are a person who thinks he knows how a movie is going to end after watching the first half then you definitely need to see this.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It starts out as a comedy about black telemarketers getting rich by "talking white" but then it just spins out in a direction you will never imagine.  

If you are a person who thinks he knows how a movie is going to end after watching the first half then you definitely need to see this.
I'll have to check it out 

I hate it,but I tend to be that guy that 15 minutes into the movie goes "the butler did it." It sucks. 

It's hard to make a movie plausible and hard to not expect what happens. That's my problem with most comedies now. 15 minutes in, you can pick how the lead is going to mess up to create a funny dynamic ending.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This on Netflix?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It starts out as a comedy about black telemarketers getting rich by "talking white" but then it just spins out in a direction you will never imagine.  

Riley did a tremendous job with this project in my opinion. He relies on absurdity and utter madness throughout the film, in order to allow his concept to materialize and his imaginative vision to bear some very intriguing fruit. 
Reply/Quote