Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry to hear about Green and Bernard
I haven't been here in awhile, due to the fact that my Colts have seen sucking badly. Now that they're at 5-5, I can at least make an appearance.

Wow... the Bengals seem to be snake-bit this year. Your best wide receiver AND your best running back both injured for the rest of the season... that's got to be infuriating. Not to mention, sad. I know this is the smack board, but I just can't see smacking the Bengals right now. Just want to offer my consolation. Y'all just can't seem to catch a break. I also read that Marvin Lewis is No. 1 in the hot seat as a Head Coach? How do the fanbase feel about that?

An interesting observation... if the Colts were in the AFC North, we'd be tied for first place! How about that? LOL! This is the worst season in Andrew Luck's career and he'd still be in contention in the AFC North? I find that hilarious. And maybe that's kind of a "smack", right?

Anyway... again, I'm sorry about the Green and Bernard loss. I wish y'all well the rest of the season.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 01:33 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I haven't been here in awhile, due to the fact that my Colts have seen sucking badly. Now that they're at 5-5, I can at least make an appearance.

Wow... the Bengals seem to be snake-bit this year. Your best wide receiver AND your best running back both injured for the rest of the season... that's got to be infuriating. Not to mention, sad. I know this is the smack board, but I just can't see smacking the Bengals right now. Just want to offer my consolation. Y'all just can't seem to catch a break. I also read that Marvin Lewis is No. 1 in the hot seat as a Head Coach? How do the fanbase feel about that?

An interesting observation... if the Colts were in the AFC North, we'd be tied for first place! How about that? LOL! This is the worst season in Andrew Luck's career and he'd still be in contention in the AFC North? I find that hilarious. And maybe that's kind of a "smack", right?

Anyway... again, I'm sorry about the Green and Bernard loss. I wish y'all well the rest of the season.  ThumbsUp

If Bengal fans thought like you (not showing up until they were at least .500), there'd be none of them here to read your post.
Reply/Quote
Sucks when these kids go down.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love AJ Green. He is the best receiver in the league with Brown a close second. Humble, acts like he's been there before and catch's anything near him. A complete ball player. Hope he is not hurt to bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 08:28 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: If Bengal fans thought like you (not showing up until they were at least .500), there'd be none of them here to read your post.

Maybe they "ARE" thinking like me! I noticed only Steelers and Ravens fans have responded - no Bengal fans yet. I'm really not trying to smack them. I feel bad about their losing 2 of their best players.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Sucks when these kids go down.

Don't the Ravens play them next week? I'm pretty sure you're rooting for them to go down even harder, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:26 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: I love AJ Green. He is the best receiver in the league with Brown a close second. Humble, acts like he's been there before and catch's anything near him. A complete ball player. Hope he is not hurt to bad.

From what I've read, it's some kind of hamstring injury. It's bad, but it's not career ending. He's likely out for the season,  but it looks as if he'll return next year. I too wish him luck. He seems like a good guy.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Coltsfan, Balls of Steel, and Pat for the condolences. It really is surreal to lose two of your best offensive weapons for the year, in the same game. However, at least we still have the Super Destroyer to wreak havoc on our division rivals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks Coltsfan, Balls of Steel, and Pat for the condolences.  It really is surreal to lose two of your best offensive weapons for the year, in the same game.  However, at least we still have the Super Destroyer to wreak havoc on our division rivals.

I know how it feels. The Steelers lost Bryant for the year and Bell for for games before the season even began.  Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:56 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I know how it feels. The Steelers lost Bryant for the year and Bell for for games before the season even began.  Ninja

But, those were actions of their own doing.  Hard to be sympathetic for stupidity.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks Coltsfan, Balls of Steel, and Pat for the condolences.  It really is surreal to lose two of your best offensive weapons for the year, in the same game.  However, at least we still have the Super Destroyer to wreak havoc on our division rivals.

Nervous

[Image: 14-11-cin-dalton.png]

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 11:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: But, those were actions of their own doing.  Hard to be sympathetic for stupidity.. Ninja

Exactly. When I heard that Bryant got suspended for the whole year I said "throw that stupid SOB off the team", I don't care how good he is. Before the season even starts, the chemistry of the offense is changed. When you get busted for pot after your first time you don't want to play football. Its hard enough to stay healthy in this brutal game without taking yourself out of the picture due to stupidity.
Reply/Quote
To address the OP about Mediocre Marv.....a lot of the fanbase has wanted him gone since 2010.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Yep, I hear you! Right now, Andrew Luck is in concussion protocol. That means he won't play against the Steelers. Not that it would have made that much of a difference. I don't see the Colts beating the Steelers with or without Luck. So, he may as well rest his head!

The Colts have had to deal with a rash of injuries this season. So I'm very well aware of "what could have been".
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 12:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: To address the OP about Mediocre Marv.....a lot of the fanbase has wanted him gone since 2010.

Well, you might get your wish. From articles I've read, he's No. 1 of coaches in the hot seat. If Pagano racked up a win-loss record like Lewis, you could pretty much count on Irsay firing him at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 08:34 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Don't the Ravens play them next week? I'm pretty sure you're rooting for them to go down even harder, right?

Yeah!  The Bengals have had the Ravens number as of late.  Green has been the Ravens-killer!  Hate he is out for this game but it happens! Dumervil has been out for weeks.  J. Smith was out on Sunday so Dez torched those smaller DB's.  Stanley was out during our 4 game losing streak.  This time of the season injuries are going to happen but they still have to show up and play ball and I expect the Bengals to do just that!
Reply/Quote
If the ravens don't beat the Bengals this Sunday, they may never beat them again.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:15 AM)Beaker Wrote: If the ravens don't beat the Bengals this Sunday, they may never beat them again.

Glad we beat them then to go up 4-0 against division opponents so far!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 09:02 PM)Bigg52Hurt Wrote: Glad we beat them then to go up 4-0 against division opponents so far!  Cool

The ravens did everything they could not to win, then Bengals were just better at it today.
Reply/Quote
Bengals played pathetic again, Nugent has got to go!!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote