Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
(10-08-2019, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So why aren't we extending AJ's contract right now?

This! 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. Trading our good players for picks and then whiffing on picks could make us worse.

Worst case, we are 0-5 this time next year with less moral victories!  Hilarious

This is a good point.  Unless the Bengals are willing to expand the draft personnel to NFL standards and get a competent GM more picks may not help.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's only two guys I would trade at this point
1.) Eifert- we won't get much but at least it's something. 6th RD
2.) Billings- Doubt he is in our long term plans and we are deep at the position going foward. 3rd Comp/4th RD.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From Bengals.com:

Don’t take that to mean there’s a yard sale at Paul Brown Stadium before the NFL trading deadline at the end of the month. There are no indications the Bengals plan to unload their veterans and they seem more intent on getting A.J. Green back on the field for them rather than rehabbing him for someone else.

https://www.bengals.com/news/defense-eyes-a-jolt-from-youth

Sounds about right. Throw green out there to win us some meaningless games, hurt our draft position oh and watch him walk at the end of the season. Oh but wait!!!!! Mikey will surely get a Comp pick. So all is good. Smh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is a good point.  Unless the Bengals are willing to expand the draft personnel to NFL standards and get a competent GM more picks may not help.

Yeah...kind of makes you wonder why we bother doesn't it?

Likely IF we do a rebuild, it's going to take A LONG time kind of like Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:47 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is a good point.  Unless the Bengals are willing to expand the draft personnel to NFL standards and get a competent GM more picks may not help.

You do have my amazing posts and commentary though. So there's that. That's why it pays to be a Bengals fan.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I can’t think of any team just blatantly putting out a for sale sign on players. The team always gives lip service to “not giving up on the season” before trades happen. So, Hobson writing this doesn’t move the needle one way or the other for me.

dolphins did earlier this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dolphins did earlier this year.

I recall them telling the media they weren’t planning on trading Stills or Tunsil, then they did. That’s the point I’m making. The team loses leverage, player and fan support if they announce those things in advance.
Reply/Quote
I hope this statement by Hobspin was put out only to avoid the appearance that Bengals would dump players for nothing.

They are crazy if they don't trade AJ for a 1 and Geno and Carlos for 2s.

This team is not going to be good for at least 2 to 3 years even assuming  they make great draft picks, spend more on free agents, and get a franchise QB- all of which is doubtful.

( and have a superior coaching staff)

Will see two years from now if Miami or the Jets are worse organizations than Bengals in 2019 and who is better in 2021. I ersonally have a strong hunch that Miami and the Jets will be farther along in 2021 than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There's only two guys I would trade at this point
1.) Eifert- we won't get much but at least it's something. 6th RD
2.) Billings- Doubt he is in our long term plans and we are deep at the position going foward. 3rd Comp/4th RD.

Definitely agree with Eifert I actually view Billings as one of the few good young players we should resign. Billings is young and has played well this season. Wren is a project DT that might never develop, Glasgow is a good rotational DT and Geno is getting old.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trade him or lock him up.  Right now we are just rehabbing him for another team and a comp pick. 

What is the rush?  Why hurry and make a bad decision if there is no need to.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why everyone is freaking out about this? First, consider the source of Hobspin. Second, even if it's true, consider the owner and this should not surprise you at all. These guys are stuck on the conclusion that they are just a play away from being competitive and that they should have won 3 of the 5 games they've lost now. They are not as quick to give up as the fans are right now and probably wont be for a few more losses. However, the trade deadline would have happened by then and it will be a hindsight 20/20 thing.

For everyone that's upset about it, then write Mike Brown an email or a personalized letter and mail it to him. Tell him your thoughts. However, don't be belligerent or he wont even consider reading the message in it's entirety and only reinforces his thoughts that he is smarter than you. He's been famous for writing fans back.

Reply/Quote
Probably wont make any trades then lose AJ at end of season without getting anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 06:39 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Definitely agree with Eifert I actually view Billings as one of the few good young players we should resign. Billings is young and has played well this season. Wren is a project DT that might never develop, Glasgow is a good rotational DT and Geno is getting old.

I get why you want to keep Billings but he plays a position that isn't as valuable at NT.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:21 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I hope this statement by Hobspin was put out only to avoid the appearance that Bengals would dump players for nothing.

They are crazy if they don't trade AJ for a 1 and Geno and Carlos for 2s.

This team is not going to be good for at least 2 to 3 years even assuming  they make great draft picks, spend more on free agents, and get a franchise QB- all of which is doubtful.

( and have a superior coaching staff)

Will see two years from now if Miami or the Jets are worse organizations than Bengals in 2019 and who is better in 2021. I ersonally have a strong hunch that Miami and the Jets will be farther along in 2021 than the Bengals.

Agreed....
Reply/Quote
Why so angry about not getting picks?

After the last draft they have proven they are as clueless there as they are in Free Agency.

[Image: th?id=OIP.CMSvgt_nAfy8JCOQR6GiWwHaFj&pid...=267&h=201]

Hell we have so many 1st round pick DBs you'd think they'd pick off every QB we ever play. 

How many did they have last season?  This season?

The O-line busts just keep piling up as well.

I guess if we have more of them they might just dumb luck into something or be able to take a chance on someone like a Mixon type player.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
After scouting the Bengals I highly doubt other teams are really interested in our players. “NFL good” and “Cincinnati good” aren’t the same things.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the rush?  Why hurry and make a bad decision if there is no need to.

The guy is crazy enough to want to stay.  He might change his mind if the Bengals are hesitant to agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The guy is crazy enough to want to stay.  He might change his mind if the Bengals are hesitant to agree.

Why is there a rush? Because he can leave in free agency for nothing.

Honestly, seeing him standing on the sidelines...he looks like he wants out...and who could blame him.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or it could just mean that they did not get good enough offers.

Too many fans claim we should trade every one with out any though to the fact that every player we trade away creates another hole.

If we trade Geno for a second round pick what are the chances we get a player as good as Geno with that pick?  And that just gets us to "breaking even".

It is not that simple to rebuild an entire roster.

I don't know about that, the Raiders & Patriots sure went out of their ways to get AB. Even knowing what mess they were getting into and how much they had to pay out.
Reply/Quote