Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
From Bengals.com:

Don’t take that to mean there’s a yard sale at Paul Brown Stadium before the NFL trading deadline at the end of the month. There are no indications the Bengals plan to unload their veterans and they seem more intent on getting A.J. Green back on the field for them rather than rehabbing him for someone else.

https://www.bengals.com/news/defense-eyes-a-jolt-from-youth
Reply/Quote
..... Because they are idiots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From Bengals.com:

Don’t take that to mean there’s a yard sale at Paul Brown Stadium before the NFL trading deadline at the end of the month. There are no indications the Bengals plan to unload their veterans and they seem more intent on getting A.J. Green back on the field for them rather than rehabbing him for someone else.

Why would they be interested? That would be what 31 other teams would do. Also they would then have to have guys on the team they do not have history with. That's just goofy hippy talk to MB.
Reply/Quote
This is the approach of a losing organization with no sense on how to fix things. They appear to not understand the concept of when to cut bait.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
So why aren't we extending AJ's contract right now?
Reply/Quote
Agree. Why are we forced into this Mike Clown orchestrated purgatory? If you don’t intend to cut bait then why isn’t AJG signed at this point? This is the the kind BS this organization operates as that makes them the worst in pro sports. Decide what you are going to do and do it!
Reply/Quote
God ***** damn it...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From Bengals.com:

Mike Brown just loves those comp picks two years down the road. Comp picks are like an addictive drug to him, he just can't get enough of them. He'd rather have a 4th or 5th round comp pick in two years than a 1st rounder in the next draft.

The team must also be in some sort of chemically enhanced delusional state of mind if they feel they have any, and I mean any, chance of making the playoffs.

This team can't even beat other winless teams.

I can also assure you that they've put forth a low ball offer to AJ accompanied by some sharply worded texts to AJ's agent from Troy Blackturd reminding him that AJ's value  isn't there. These people do not learn from their mistakes as they are so full of themselves they don't think they could possibly be wrong.

This front office could not run itself correctly if the steps were spelled out in front of them in baby letter blocks.

Reply/Quote
I could see a scenario where Tobin wants to rebuild and trade away veterans for picks but Mike Brown refuses for a number of reasons. 1. being he’s delusional and thinks this team can win now with a healthy A.J. Green and their core of veterans going forward. 2. He’s 81 and dosen’t want to go through a long rebuild. 3. Wants to get revenue and fans back as soon as possible and will try to band-aid the teams issues with cheap short term options to pair with the teams aging core in an effort to win ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So why aren't we extending AJ's contract right now?

Comp pick!
Reply/Quote
I can’t think of any team just blatantly putting out a for sale sign on players. The team always gives lip service to “not giving up on the season” before trades happen. So, Hobson writing this doesn’t move the needle one way or the other for me.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I can’t think of any team just blatantly putting out a for sale sign on players. The team always gives lip service to “not giving up on the season” before trades happen. So, Hobson writing this doesn’t move the needle one way or the other for me.

Until the Bengals actually don't make any trades...proving they actually felt this way.
Reply/Quote
I wish this surprised me. At least then I could justify my fandom.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If this front office was savvy, or knew what they were doing, we wouldn't be known as the worse run franchise in the NFL.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Until the Bengals actually don't make any trades...proving they actually felt this way.

Or it could just mean that they did not get good enough offers.

Too many fans claim we should trade every one with out any though to the fact that every player we trade away creates another hole.

If we trade Geno for a second round pick what are the chances we get a player as good as Geno with that pick?  And that just gets us to "breaking even".

It is not that simple to rebuild an entire roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: If this front office was savvy, or knew what they were doing, we wouldn't be known as the worse run franchise in the NFL.

We aren't.

According to the media the Jets and Dolphins are both worse run teams than us.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or it could just mean that they did not get good enough offers.

Too many fans claim we should trade every one with out any though to the fact that every player we trade away creates another hole.

If we trade Geno for a second round pick what are the chances we get a player as good as Geno with that pick?  And that just gets us to "breaking even".

It is not that simple to rebuild an entire roster.

No doubt. Trading our good players for picks and then whiffing on picks could make us worse.

Worst case, we are 0-5 this time next year with less moral victories!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 03:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So why aren't we extending AJ's contract right now?

(10-08-2019, 03:58 PM)Stick357 Wrote: Agree. Why are we forced into this Mike Clown orchestrated purgatory? If you don’t intend to cut bait then why isn’t AJG signed at this point? This is the the kind BS this organization operates as that makes them the worst in pro sports. Decide what you are going to do and do it!

I don't think ANY team would be extending Green now with his current injury and recent history of injuries.

In fact, if they did extend Green right now many on this board would call them stupid for not waiting to see how well Green recovers before giving him a multi year contract.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:08 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I could see a scenario where Tobin wants to rebuild and trade away veterans for picks but Mike Brown refuses for a number of reasons. 1. being he’s delusional and thinks this team can win now with a healthy A.J. Green and their core of veterans going forward. 2. He’s 81 and dosen’t want to go through a long rebuild. 3. Wants to get  revenue and fans back as soon as possible and will try to band-aid the teams issues with cheap short term options to pair with the teams aging core in an effort to win ASAP.

Mike Brown turned 84 this year...but still your point is noted.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think ANY team would be extending Green now with his current injury and recent history of injuries.

In fact, if they did extend Green right now many on this board would call them stupid for not waiting to see how well Green recovers before giving him a multi year contract.

Im not saying it's the right move, but if the Bengals and AJ are really in this lifetime commitment they should reward his loyalty already.

Trade him or lock him up.  Right now we are just rehabbing him for another team and a comp pick. 
Reply/Quote