Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sources: The #Eagles and #Bengals are the 2 finalists for standout S Chauncey Gardn
Sources: The #Eagles and #Bengals are the two finalists for standout S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

Bengals are currently seen as front runners due to guaranteed money, but the 25 year old wants to give Philadelphia a chance to match.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
His PFF grade for 2023 was a 63.9.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chauncey-gardner-johnson/49371
Reply/Quote
IF the Bengals could lose Bates for $16 mill a year and sign CJGJ for $11-13 million a year...it's a good move.
Reply/Quote
Delete, this is a fake account/news.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if the news is real or not but I will say always questions your sources. I can't find any reference of that source of the tweet being with The Athletic or Yahoo Sports as their profile states. Also scroll trough their feed. Mostly retweets and I saw this gem "Trolling British people cause of soccer is so funny considering I have watched 3 soccer games in my entire life." I mean just read through the replies for that account. Here is another gem as a reply to someone "They suck you moron". Does that sound like someone that writes for a major publication like The Athletic? Sounds more like someone from this forum. haha

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:45 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if the news is real or not but I will say always questions your sources.  I can't find any reference of that source of the tweet being with The Athletic or Yahoo Sports as their profile states.  Also scroll trough their feed.  Mostly retweets and I saw this gem "Trolling British people cause of soccer is so funny considering I have watched 3 soccer games in my entire life."    I mean just read through the replies for that account.  Here is another gem as a reply to someone "They suck you moron".    Does that sound like someone that writes for major publications?

Yep.

I did see Mike Hilton trying to recruit Chauncey.

I'd kind of be shocked if the Bengals paid a safety 11-13 million a year. But, the Bengals have to do something. I don't know that either Hill or Anderson are ready...and we can't have Safety derail our title hopes.
Reply/Quote
As far as I can tell, Scott Shanahan is not an Athletic reporter for the Bengals. I can't find a single article published by him and the Bengals writers for the Athletic are Paul Dehner Jr and Jay Morrison.

My gut is telling me this is fake news.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:32 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Delete, this is a fake account/news.

Yeah, it was addressed in another thread. There doesn't seem to be such a person working at The Athletic and Bengalholic noted he was using as his pic a photo of the CFO of Subaru. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 10:06 AM)Nepa Wrote: Yeah, it was addressed in another thread. There doesn't seem to be such a person working at The Athletic and Bengalholic noted he was using as his photo the CFO of Subaru.

That was stupid.  Who doesn't know him by sight?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yeah, this is a fake account. Sub-500 followers but has been on Twitter for five years. No other information about him anywhere. Here is the man in the profile photo. As someone mentioned, he works for Subaru. https://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?id=1980&mid=125
Reply/Quote
This is fake news.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 10:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That was stupid.  Who doesn't know him by sight?

I mean, I'm one of the biggest Subaru stans on the planet and I have 0 idea who the CFO of SoA is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:45 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't know if the news is real or not but I will say always questions your sources. 

I prefer to believe everything I read online if it is good for the Bengals. When we signing this guy?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I prefer to believe everything I read online if it is good for the Bengals. When we signing this guy?  Hilarious

I only believe news I get from email forwards with subject lines like, "Read Now! You won't believe this!!!  PS There are 300+ Women in your area waiting to meet you now!" as well as news and life advice I get from TikTok.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:11 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I only believe news I get from email forwards with subject lines like, "Read Now! You won't believe this!!!  PS There are 300+ Women in your area waiting to meet you now!" as well as news and life advice I get from TikTok.   Tongue

Poor guy, you only have 300+ women waiting to meet you? I’ve got thousands. Or so my emails tell me. I’m also good friend with a Nigerian Prince so I’m kind of a big deal ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:27 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Poor guy, you only have 300+ women waiting to me you? I’ve got thousands. Or so my emails tell me. I’m also good friend with a Nigerian Prince so I’m kind of a big deal ThumbsUp

Bro, I've been hanging out with that Nigerian Prince since 1997.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:11 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I only believe news I get from email forwards with subject lines like, "Read Now! You won't believe this!!!  PS There are 300+ Women in your area waiting to meet you now!" as well as news and life advice I get from TikTok.   Tongue

Don't forget to claim all of your fee gift cards!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:27 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Poor guy, you only have 300+ women waiting to meet you? I’ve got thousands. Or so my emails tell me. I’m also good friend with a Nigerian Prince so I’m kind of a big deal ThumbsUp

(03-14-2023, 11:39 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bro, I've been hanging out with that Nigerian Prince since 1997.

My ex-wife bought a puppy from that Nigerian Prince... Its been 14 years it will get here eventually.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:27 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Poor guy, you only have 300+ women waiting to me you? I’ve got thousands. Or so my emails tell me. I’m also good friend with a Nigerian Prince so I’m kind of a big deal ThumbsUp

I live in a fairly small area so 300 is not too shabby.   But the reason I never followed up is they are probably waiting to meet me now just to laugh at me.  Or maybe they think I'm a DoorDash or Uber Eats driver and I have their delivery?

(03-14-2023, 11:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't forget to claim all of your fee gift cards!

Thanks for the reminder to check.  Not a gift card this time but I just printed out the Blockbuster rent two get one free coupon.  Also caught a message in my junk mail that my Amazon account has been suspended and to please click a link to reactivate it.  I followed the link and all they asked for was my full name, date of birth, social security number, a photo of my drivers license and my mother's maiden name to reactivate it.  It must have been in my junk mail by mistake because the sender was totallynotascam@notscamingingyouforrealthistime.amzcon.notscam.  Glad I caught that in time.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I think they need to sign a FA safety as well but I can't imagine signing one for close to what Bates/Bell got. Even if they can get one cheaper, how big of a difference is a couple million when taking into consideration a known commodity and locker room leader. I feel like it has to be on the cheap in order to defend not just dishing out a couple more million to bring back Bell.

I doubt the FA they bring in will be on the CGJ level. If they brought in a replacement on that level then it'll almost look like they are admitting they blew it with Bell.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote