Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain
(11-17-2020, 10:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He has played really really well.

If I remember correctly, when we signed him, an article showed his PFF run blocking and pass blocking stats and his pass blocking was significantly higher than his run blocking, so maybe that's why Buffalo dropped him?

I'm not sure.

But that works perfectly for us because Zac Taylor's ideal offense is probably 60-40 pass run, if not slightly more passing (65-35 maybe?).

I think there was more behind the scenes drama that led to the release of Spain.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 09:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Spain and XSF should be the starting Guards it's that simple. Redmond and MJ should be riding the pine.

Spain and XSF should be the backup Guards and they should stop F'ing around with backups, waiver-wires, and scrubs as starters and just fix the OL already.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
You have to like what you saw from Spain after being thrusted into the RT spot at the last minute, it's def not his permanent position but would love to see him line up at RG if Michael Jordan comes into his own at LG.
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 06:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spain and XSF should be the backup Guards and they should stop F'ing around with backups, waiver-wires, and scrubs as starters and just fix the OL already.

Spain hasn't shown me a thing since he's been here to make me think he should not be a starter.... he has been superb.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:32 PM)Mobster Wrote: Possibly. I haven't seen anything from XSF yet though, so it's hard to say.

He was our highest rated OL before he went down...
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 06:55 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spain and XSF should be the backup Guards and they should stop F'ing around with backups, waiver-wires, and scrubs as starters and just fix the OL already.

Good plan. Let's leave the screen door and walking penalty as the 2 guards. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Spain hasn't shown me a thing since he's been here to make me think he should not be a starter.... he has been superb.

Agreed. But...

(11-19-2020, 04:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Good plan. Let's leave the screen door and walking penalty as the 2 guards. 

... you guys are missing what TLL is saying in this case.

He's not saying anything REALLY negative about Spain, simply that we should stop using backups, PS guys, moving guys on and off the PS and just sign someone (good) long-term or draft competent lineman (ala Thuney).

I do, however, think Spain can be one of those guys; he had a fairly-decent game AT T, against Watt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 05:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Agreed. But...

... you guys are missing what TLL is saying in this case.

He's not saying anything REALLY negative about Spain, simply that we should stop using backups, PS guys, moving guys on and off the PS and just sign someone (good) long-term or draft competent lineman (ala Thuney).

I do, however, think Spain can be one of those guys; he had a fairly-decent game AT T, against Watt.

Yeah, TLL definitely wasn't saying start Redmond and MJ, just saying we need to invest more heavily in the O-line.

Spain and XSF should start the rest of the season at Guard though if they are healthy. Spain got away with a hold for once
on Watt that I saw. Hart actually hasn't been bad this season but I think we can upgrade at RT fairly easily or LT if Jonah 
moves to RT. Adeniji looks to be a great pick IMO. We will see how he progresses.
Reply/Quote