Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Speaker of the House Mike Johnson Bank Accounts
(11-03-2023, 05:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but a lot of people don't trust people who are gainfully employed but don't have bank accounts.  This all seems pretty weird.  Are we assuming this guy just flat out has no money, or that he keeps 30+ years of money he's earned hidden in his house or that he has some secret Swiss bank account or what?

How is there any answer to this that isn't really weird?  Right wrong, who cares, but this is just amusingly odd.  I've never seen anyone with this guy's resume say this...not having a bank account is usually reserved for deadbeat dads who appear on Judge Judy and "work in construction."

When this guy gets paid for being the speaker of the house does he just take his paycheck to Wal Mart and get it cashed and walk out the door with it?

Yeah, this is my take on it. I'm not going to go calling this guy corrupt or anything like that. I don't know how he has things set up, but it is incredibly strange that in a modern day world, a man who has been earning $170k+ for several years, or potentially decades given he was a lawyer beforehand, and he has absolutely nothing to report financially. No assets, no bank accounts, nothing. 

Like, I'm just more interested in what he's got going on now. The limit for a bank account to be reported is $1,000, it's not like it is a large amount of money needed to report. "Amusingly odd" is a perfect description. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2023, 07:55 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, this is my take on it. I'm not going to go calling this guy corrupt or anything like that. I don't know how he has things set up, but it is incredibly strange that in a modern day world, a man who has been earning $170k+ for several years, or potentially decades given he was a lawyer beforehand, and he has absolutely nothing to report financially. No assets, no bank accounts, nothing. 

Like, I'm just more interested in what he's got going on now. The limit for a bank account to be reported is $1,000, it's not like it is a large amount of money needed to report. "Amusingly odd" is a perfect description. 

I wonder how he even qualified for a mortgage and how he is paying for that.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote