Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Leaks
(06-09-2017, 02:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Comey himself made it unclassified.  Now we learned during the Clinton investigation some documents are born classified, and people in a position like Comey or Clinton are supposed to know regardless.

Maybe there's a argument that document is privileged or unclassified by Comey driven by improper self-interest.  But I doubt it.  Can't see how every conversation with the POTUS is automatically privileged, or why what was disclosed should be classified because there's clearly no national security risk.

Also, Comey was allowed to testify, even after the memo was distributed the day before.  Trump declined to envoke privilege, so I don't see how it could be done ex-post.  Also, the other IC chiefs who testified the day before said they were under no order of exec privilege.

I understand what you're saying.  But it still leads me back to my original question.  Is it really a leak, when the source of the "leak" is the origin of the information.  Isn't that really a divulgement?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-09-2017, 02:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I understand what you're saying.  But it still leads me back to my original question.  Is it really a leak, when the source of the "leak" is the origin of the information.  Isn't that really a divulgement?

Well, that would probably get one fired.  But embarrassing to the POTUS certainly doesn't make it criminal.
--------------------------------------------------------

Ooops!

Wrong thread!

I saw the title and thought this was about golden showers.

My bad! ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]