Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Speaking of Nazi's: Iceland is 'Disappearing' Down Syndrome children
(08-21-2017, 12:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The article is filled with misinformation and lies. It's anti-abortion propaganda masquerading as journalism.

Fetuses aren't aborted on a "suspicion" of Down Syndrome. If a triple screen is positive it triggers confirmatory testing such as an amniocentesis or an ultrasound. Triple screens screen for more than just Down Syndrome, but for other defects as well such as neural tube defects such as anencephaly. Do you know which group bands together less than people born with Down Syndrome? People born with incomplete to no brain. But, did the author mention them? No. Why? Because that wouldn't be effective for a propaganda piece.

You can't even call this piss poor reporting because the author is deliberately misleading the reader by omitting essential information needed to understand prenatal genetic testing. Why? Because the author isn't trying to educate you on genetic screening. The author is trying to mislead you. That's why the author is a liar.

As far as borderline trolling, posting an article which deliberately spreads blatant lies is more than borderline trolling; it is trolling. Period. Please make it stop.

Lmao come on man . This is nothing new for you. Complaining and posting numerous times to complain about everything. There are always other articles that tie into why DW write about.

Go read that.

Other than that you complaining over and over is just spamming. For whatever reason you are infatuated with me.
(08-21-2017, 12:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lmao come on man . This is nothing new for you. Complaining and posting numerous times to complain about everything. There are always other articles that tie into why DW write about.

Go read that.

Other than that you complaining over and over is just spamming. For whatever reason you are infatuated with me.

I guess that's why I wasn't talking to you.

I'm well aware there is other information about prenatal genetic screen. It's only the standard of ***** care in western medicine. Equating the standard of care to Nazism is beyond silly. As a healthcare provider, I know the information you posted is propaganda and not just piss poor reporting. Complaining about lies isn't spamming. Deliberately lying is.
(08-21-2017, 12:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I guess that's why I wasn't talking to you.

I'm well aware there is other information about prenatal genetic screen. It's only the standard of ***** care in western medicine. Equating the standard of care to Nazism is beyond silly. As a healthcare provider, I know the information you posted is propaganda and not just piss poor reporting. Complaining about lies isn't spamming. Deliberately lying is.

The Nazi's erased people with problems.

Iceland is erasing people with Down Syndrome.

Neither cured the problems. They just killed anyone with the problems
(08-21-2017, 12:30 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's from CBS news the video portion of this story. The test used there was 85%

Instead of worrying about the dailywire you should just take the time to look where the story originated. It would save you having to grand stand on these stories.

If you read a source of legitimate info instead of bullshit, you would know that is a screening test. The screening test doesn't determine who is at low or high risk, rather the doctor determines that clinically. Any positive test results triggers confirmatory tests such as an amniocentesis and/or ultrasound. Did the author or any of your sources you obviously didn't read explain any of that to you? Obviously not. So you don't need to tell me about other sources of information. Tell yourself. And the liars at the daily wire.
(08-21-2017, 01:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you read a source of legitimate info instead of bullshit, you would know that is a screening test. The screening test doesn't determine who is at low or high risk, rather the doctor determines that clinically. Any positive test results triggers confirmatory tests such as an amniocentesis and/or ultrasound. Did the author or any of your sources you obviously didn't read explain any of that to you? Obviously not. So you don't need to tell me about other sources of information. Tell yourself. And the liars at the daily wire.

Lol. Seriously how many times a day do you think of me?
(08-20-2017, 09:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Test is only 85% accurate and it tells you if you are low or high risk.  Not to mention they push the test on the mother.  

It's Barbaric.   And the only reason they are doing it is so the government doesn't have to pick up the lifelong medical bills.  

Pretty sure no one wants a child with issues but you do not kill your children.    

This is one step closer to a GATTACA scenario.

I completely agree that abortion is wrong.  No arguement from me on that,

However it is still a choice.  A choice made by the citizens.  they can even choose to not have the test done.

Nothing to do with "nazis" though.

Sorry.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-21-2017, 02:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol. Seriously how many times a day do you think of me?

Instead of asking vacuous questions, have you ever considered reading a reputable source of information and posting that instead?
(08-21-2017, 12:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Nazi's erased people with problems.

Iceland is erasing people with Down Syndrome.

Neither cured the problems. They just killed anyone with the problems

Is being Jewish a problem?

Linda, Linda, Linda . . . You're not listening, Linda.

Parents choose to have the testing or not. Parents choose to act on the information or not.

Your title should read, "Daily Wire Keeping Goebbels' Legacy of Propaganda Alive and Well."
In some great countries, baby boomer Americans have decided to abort research that maintains the health of future generations for mere financial gain.

#WWJD?

Hopefully I don't get painted as waivering on this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-21-2017, 12:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As far as borderline trolling, posting an article which deliberately spreads blatant lies is more than borderline trolling; it is trolling. Period. Please make it stop.

You want to go back and reeducate, nay educate, an entire sub population? NAZI!
So after reading the source, the screening test used to determine risk is what was 85% accurate, but CBS didn't go any further in detail. What they were focusing on in their reporting, though, was the children that slipped through in the screening because the parents were deemed low risk. What they weren't discussing was the possibility of pregnancy terminations that did not involve children with the syndrome. So the CBS reporting is not inaccurate, but the Daily Wire decided to editorialize the CBS piece based only on that information and not actually looking into any further detail.

Definitely one of those situations where you need to check your sources, and is a good reason why aggregate sites like the Daily Wire where they editorialize on news stories are a horrible source, because they don't do any actual investigation into the story and so don't understand the whole picture.
(08-21-2017, 11:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So after reading the source, the screening test used to determine risk is what was 85% accurate, but CBS didn't go any further in detail. What they were focusing on in their reporting, though, was the children that slipped through in the screening because the parents were deemed low risk. What they weren't discussing was the possibility of pregnancy terminations that did not involve children with the syndrome. So the CBS reporting is not inaccurate, but the Daily Wire decided to editorialize the CBS piece based only on that information and not actually looking into any further detail.

Definitely one of those situations where you need to check your sources, and is a good reason why aggregate sites like the Daily Wire where they editorialize on news stories are a horrible source, because they don't do any actual investigation into the story and so don't understand the whole picture.

The Daily Wire deliberately misrepresented the entire prenatal genetic screening process. Anyone who reads their article in the OP is misinformed. Deliberately. People are now discussing abortions based upon the suspicion of Down Syndrome which is absolutely incorrect.

What is worse than people saying, "I don't know" based upon a lack of information is someone claiming, "I know" based upon deliberate lies. Daily Wire readers actually know less about how the process works thanks to reading the Daily Wire.
(08-21-2017, 09:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Instead of asking vacuous questions, have you ever considered reading a reputable source of information and posting that instead?

The original source is CBS News.  I'd say they qualify as reputable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-21-2017, 12:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The original source is CBS News.  I'd say they qualify as reputable.

But the story shared is an interpretation of the original story that is not correct.
(08-21-2017, 09:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: I completely agree that abortion is wrong.  No arguement from me on that,

However it is still a choice.  A choice made by the citizens.  they can even choose to not have the test done.

Nothing to do with "nazis" though.

https://www.ushmm.org/support

Yeah the Nazi's would have never killed a baby with Down Syndrome.... oh wait they did.

Quote:The Murder of the Handicapped

Wartime, Adolf Hitler suggested, "was the best time for the elimination of the incurably ill." Many Germans did not want to be reminded of individuals who did not measure up to their concept of a "master race." The physically and mentally handicapped were viewed as "useless" to society, a threat to Aryan genetic purity, and, ultimately, unworthy of life. At the beginning of World War II, individuals who were mentally ********, physically handicapped, or mentally ill were targeted for murder in what the Nazis called the "T-4," or "euthanasia," program.

The "euthanasia" program required the cooperation of many German doctors, who reviewed the medical files of patients in institutions to determine which handicapped or mentally ill individuals should be killed. The doctors also supervised the actual killings. Doomed patients were transferred to six institutions in Germany and Austria, where they were killed in specially constructed gas chambers. Handicapped infants and small children were also killed by injection with a deadly dose of drugs or by starvation. The bodies of the victims were burned in large ovens called crematoria.

Despite public protests in 1941, the Nazi leadership continued this program in secret throughout the war. About 200,000 handicapped people were murdered between 1940 and 1945.

The T-4 program became the model for the mass murder of Jews, Roma (Gypsies), and others in camps equipped with gas chambers that the Nazis would open in 1941 and 1942. The program also served as a training ground for SS members who manned these camps.

Key Dates

OCTOBER 1939
HITLER AUTHORIZES KILLING OF THE IMPAIRED
Adolf Hitler authorizes the beginning of the "euthanasia" program—the systematic killing of those Germans whom the Nazis deem "unworthy of life." The order is backdated to the beginning of the war (September 1, 1939). At first, doctors and staff in hospitals are encouraged to neglect patients. Thus, patients die of starvation and diseases. Later, groups of "consultants" visit hospitals and decide who will die. Those patients are sent to various "euthanasia" killing centers in Greater Germany and killed by lethal injection or in gas chambers.

AUGUST 3, 1941
CATHOLIC BISHOP DENOUNCES EUTHANASIA
By 1941, the supposedly secret "euthanasia" program is generally known about in Germany. Bishop Clemens August Graf von Galen of Muenster denounces the killings in a public sermon on August 3, 1941. Other public figures and clergy will also raise objections to the killings.

AUGUST 24, 1941
HITLER OFFICIALLY ORDERS END TO "EUTHANASIA" KILLINGS
Mounting public criticism of the "euthanasia" killings prompts Adolf Hitler to order the end of the program. Gas chambers in the various "euthanasia" killing centers are dismantled. By this time, about 70,000 German and Austrian physically or mentally impaired patients have been killed. Although the "euthanasia" program is officially ended, the killing of physically or mentally impaired people continues in secret in individual cases.
(08-21-2017, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The Daily Wire deliberately misrepresented the entire prenatal genetic screening process. Anyone who reads their article in the OP is misinformed. Deliberately. People are now discussing abortions based upon the suspicion of Down Syndrome which is absolutely incorrect.

What is worse than people saying, "I don't know" based upon a lack of information is someone claiming, "I know" based upon deliberate lies.   Daily Wire readers actually know less about how the process works thanks to reading the Daily Wire.

Agreed 100%.

(08-21-2017, 12:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The original source is CBS News.  I'd say they qualify as reputable.

(08-21-2017, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: But the story shared is an interpretation of the original story that is not correct.

Indeed. In addition, it is highly likely that anyone visiting Daily Wire for their news is likely to read their version first, then the CBS article. What happens then is confirmation bias as when they read the CBS source information, they have had their view tainted based on Daily Wire's misleading story on it. This leads to a misinformed public.
(08-21-2017, 12:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: But the story shared is an interpretation of the original story that is not correct.

You do realize you are not limited to only the story posted. You are able to click the link in the story that refers back to the original story.
(08-21-2017, 12:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.ushmm.org/support

Yeah the Nazi's would have never killed a baby with Down Syndrome.... oh wait they did.

Euthanasia is not equivalent to abortions. If you were to say this was eugenics program, that is correct. And the Nazis did utilize eugenics in their policies. However, eugenics programs do not immediately qualify one to be a Nazi.
(08-21-2017, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do realize you are not limited to only the story posted.   You are able to click the link in the story that refers back to the original story.

I did that...last week when it was shared on Facebook.  Which is why I commented that the story shared here is not accurate.
(08-21-2017, 12:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Euthanasia is not equivalent to abortions. If you were to say this was eugenics program, that is correct. And the Nazis did utilize eugenics in their policies. However, eugenics programs do not immediately qualify one to be a Nazi.

True, but based on what I've heard the last 2 weeks, anything similar to Nazis automatically qualifies you as being a Nazi.