Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Counsel Refers Scheme Targeting Mueller to FBI
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/10/special-counsel-refers-scheme-targeting-mueller-to-fbi/574411/?utm_term=2018-10-30T17%3A14%3A35&utm_campaign=atlantic-politics-and-policy&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Quote:The FBI has been asked to investigate claims that women have been offered money to fabricate sexual-harassment allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

An alleged scheme to pay off women to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Special Counsel Robert Mueller has been referred to the FBI for further investigation, according to a spokesman for the special counsel’s office, Peter Carr. “When we learned last week of allegations that women were offered money to make false claims about the Special Counsel, we immediately referred the matter to the FBI for investigation,” Carr said in a statement on Tuesday.

The special counsel’s attention to this scheme—which was brought to the office by a woman claiming she herself had been offered money to make up sexual harassment claims against Mueller—and its decision to release a rare statement about it to reporters indicates the seriousness with which the office is taking the purported scheme to discredit Mueller in the middle of an ongoing investigation.

The special counsel’s office confirmed that the scheme was brought to its attention by several journalists who were told about it by a woman alleging  that she herself had been offered roughly $20,000 by a GOP activist named Jack Burkman “to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller.” The woman told journalists that she had worked for Mueller as a paralegal at the Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro law firm in 1974. The firm has not returned a request for comment about whether the woman actually worked there.

The woman told reporters in an email, a copy of which I obtained, that she was contacted by a man “with a British accent” who wanted to ask her “a couple questions about Robert Mueller, whom I worked with when I was a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro in 1974. I asked him who he was working for, and he told me his boss was some sort of politics guy in Washington named Jack Burkman. I reluctantly told [him] that I had only worked with Mr. Mueller for a short period of time, before leaving that firm to have my first son.”

She continued: “In more of an effort to get him to go away than anything else, I asked him what in the hell he wanted me to do. He said that we could not talk about it on the phone, and he asked me to download an app on my phone called Signal, which he said was more secure. Reluctantly, I downloaded the app and he called me on that app a few minutes later. He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’” The man “offered to pay off all of my credit card debt, plus bring me a check for $20,000 if I would do” it, she wrote.
“He knew exactly how much credit card debt I had, right down to the dollar, which sort of freaked me out.”

The woman was not willing to speak to the reporters by phone, according to Scott Stedman, one of the reporters who received the letter. So portions of her story have gone uncorroborated.  Around the time that the journalists began receiving the email, Burkman released a video on his Facebook page claiming, without evidence, that Mueller “has a whole lifetime history of harassing women.”  On Tuesday, the day the special counsel revealed that it had referred the woman’s claims to the FBI,  Burkman tweeted a similar allegation.

In an emailed statement, Burkman denied knowing the woman who originally alerted journalists to the alleged scheme and called the FBI referral “a joke, mueller wants to deflect attention from his sex assault troubles by attacking me.”  He added in a separate email that “on Thursday 1200 NOON ROSSYLN HOLIDAY INN  we will present a very credible witness who will allege that Mr. Mueller committed against her a sexual assault.” Mueller’s spokesman reiterated that the claims are false.

Burkman, a conservative radio host, is known for spreading conspiracy theories. He launched his own private investigation into the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich, dangled uncorroborated claims of sexual harassment against a sitting member of Congress, and earlier this year offered $25,000 to FBI whistleblowers for any information exposing wrongdoing during the 2016 election.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Obviously George Soros paid her to say that. Just like how he planted all of those bombs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-30-2018, 04:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Obviously George Soros paid her to say that. Just like how he planted all of those bombs.

Well we know he didn't because what woman would ever make up something like that? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I don't believe anyone would make an offer to a woman like that without knowing her and knowing 100% that she would cooperate. Otherwise it just does not make sense. It would be like a drug dealer walking down the street asking random strangers if they wanted to buy meth.
(10-30-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't believe anyone would make an offer to a woman like that without knowing her and knowing 100% that she would cooperate.  Otherwise it just does not make sense.  It would be like a drug dealer walking down the street asking random strangers if they wanted to buy meth.

Welcome to Kentucky!

Just kidding, we locked those guys up when we got tough on drugs. Now they walk down the street asking if you need any pills.
(10-30-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be like a drug dealer walking down the street asking random strangers if they wanted to buy meth.

I have to admit it is refreshing to see someone take the initiative to really hit the pavement to get his business going.  
(10-30-2018, 10:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to admit it is refreshing to see someone take the initiative to really hit the pavement to get his business going.  

Yeah the lazy bums who stand on the corner hoping customers will come to them deserve to go out of business.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-30-2018, 03:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/10/special-counsel-refers-scheme-targeting-mueller-to-fbi/574411/?utm_term=2018-10-30T17%3A14%3A35&utm_campaign=atlantic-politics-and-policy&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

No one here gets it. Mueller paid those women to go to reporters with their stories to make TRUMP supporters and conspiracy theorists look bad.

Right there in front of you and you cannot see it. Shocked
(10-30-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't believe anyone would make an offer to a woman like that without knowing her and knowing 100% that she would cooperate.  Otherwise it just does not make sense.  It would be like a drug dealer walking down the street asking random strangers if they wanted to buy meth.

I do. People are stupid.
What if she is making up that someone asked her to make up sexual assault allegations?

[Image: tumblr_onlkjrYn9K1rfd7lko1_500.gif]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(10-30-2018, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't believe anyone would make an offer to a woman like that without knowing her and knowing 100% that she would cooperate. Otherwise it just does not make sense. It would be like a drug dealer walking down the street asking random strangers if they wanted to buy meth.

(10-31-2018, 08:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: I do. People are stupid.

Also, people in Trump's orbit have shown they aren't very good at hiding the things they should hide. They have been open about their corruption.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
well, the press conference was something...

Jacob Wohl, a 20 year old internet Trump fanatic and conspiracy theorist, and Jack Burkman, a GOP radio host and lobbyist, held a press conference to discuss their allegations of having a witness who claims she was sexually assaulted by Robert Mueller in a hotel room in NYC.

Burkman, who had his fly down the whole time (I shit you not), described Wohl as a child prodigy akin to Mozart when reporters questioned the 20 year old's investigative experience.

They claimed their witness, who many news organizations are not naming due to the fact that she hasn't come public, got scared as soon as she deplaned in DC and immediately got on another flight to somewhere else.

When it was noted that Mueller had jury duty on the day they claim he was in NYC, Wohl said "sometimes people go to jury duty but they're also somewhere else". This was met with laughter from the press and he, clearly flustered, yelled that it was not a laughing matter.

Despite some disbelief over whether someone would be dumb enough to email women and ask them to lie, the women who came to reporters claiming that they were asked to fabricate stories against Mueller provided emails linked to Surefire Intelligence, a company made by Wohl to seemingly provide some sort of legitimacy to his fabricated claims against Mueller. The company is linked to him, making it very clear he was reaching out to women in hopes that they would lie for money.

Wohl's twitter account refers to himself as "Head of the Most Well-Known Opposition Research Firm in the World".

The press conference ended with a reporter from the back asking "Are you two prepared for federal prison?"

(11-02-2018, 10:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: well, the press conference was something...

Jacob Wohl, a 20 year old internet Trump fanatic and conspiracy theorist, and Jack Burkman, a GOP radio host and lobbyist, held a press conference to discuss their allegations of having a witness who claims she was sexually assaulted by Robert Mueller in a hotel room in NYC.

Burkman, who had his fly down the whole time (I shit you not), described Wohl as a child prodigy akin to Mozart when reporters questioned the 20 year old's investigative experience.

They claimed their witness, who many news organizations are not naming due to the fact that she hasn't come public, got scared as soon as she deplaned in DC and immediately got on another flight to somewhere else.

When it was noted that Mueller had jury duty on the day they claim he was in NYC, Wohl said "sometimes people go to jury duty but they're also somewhere else". This was met with laughter from the press and he, clearly flustered, yelled that it was not a laughing matter.

Despite some disbelief over whether someone would be dumb enough to email women and ask them to lie, the women who came to reporters claiming that they were asked to fabricate stories against Mueller provided emails linked to Surefire Intelligence, a company made by Wohl to seemingly provide some sort of legitimacy to his fabricated claims against Mueller. The company is linked to him, making it very clear he was reaching out to women in hopes that they would lie for money.

Wohl's twitter account refers to himself as "Head of the Most Well-Known Opposition Research Firm in the World".

The press conference ended with a reporter from the back asking "Are you two prepared for federal prison?"

Wait, I thought Wohl was the "Teenage Wolf of Wall Street"*?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arb046YgAN4

*... who allegedly participated in fraud and has claimed to have connections with Trump.
(11-02-2018, 10:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: well, the press conference was something...

Pretty airtight case.  I like the intrigue of two places at once.  

I saw references on twitter to this fly down thing but no names and had zero idea who they were talking about.

Kinda glad I missed this one!  
(11-02-2018, 10:41 AM)Benton Wrote: Wait, I thought Wohl was the "Teenage Wolf of Wall Street"*?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arb046YgAN4

*... who allegedly participated in fraud and has claimed to have connections with Trump.

Yep, he's banned for life from the National Futures Association 

https://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=4428

His promotional materials mentioned him managing clients before being registered, didn't include disclosures, claimed a 150% return on investments, and said he had 9 years of experience (he was 18 at the time).

One costumer was solicited by him to invest, so he put in $75k. Wohl then sent him a statement saying his investment grew to $85k. Wohl then ignored requests to withdraw the money and eventually sent him $44k. 

When the NFA came to his "office" to conduct an interview and evaluation of his practice, no one answered. When they came back the next day, the same thing but they saw people watching them from the second floor and taking photos. They then went to an address he had listed (his parents house) and his little brother answered the door and said he wasn't there. His dad then called them and threatened to call the cops if they showed up again and said Jacob was withdrawing from the NFA.

He never showed up to his hearing and was banned for life.

(11-02-2018, 10:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep, he's banned for life from the National Futures Association 

His promotional materials mentioned him managing clients before being registered, didn't include disclosures, claimed a 150% return on investments, and said he had 9 years of experience (he was 18 at the time).

One costumer was solicited by him to invest, so he put in $75k. Wohl then sent him a statement saying his investment grew to $85k. Wohl then ignored requests to withdraw the money and eventually sent him $44k. 

When the NFA came to his "office" to conduct an interview and evaluation of his practice, no one answered. When they came back the next day, the same thing but they saw people watching them from the second floor and taking photos. They then went to an address he had listed (his parents house) and his little brother answered the door and said he wasn't there. His dad then called them and threatened to call the cops if they showed up again and said Jacob was withdrawing from the NFA.

But he got to bang Margot Robbie so....worth it.  (I may be confusing real life with movies.)

(11-02-2018, 10:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yep, he's banned for life from the National Futures Association 

Soooo....next head of the Federal Reserve?   Ninja
(11-02-2018, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Pretty airtight case.  I like the intrigue of two places at once.  

I'm thinking "doppleganger defense" on this one. 

"Are you aware Mr. Mueller had jury duty that day? His alibi is —"
"Sometimes people go to jury duty. Sometimes their look a like goes so that they can sexually harass women."
"...You're saying Mr. Mueller has a double?"
"All high ranking Democrat officials have one."
"Mueller is registered as a Republican and was appointed by —"
"DEEP STATE! DEEP STATE!"
Wohl to James O’Keefe “Hold my beer.”