Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Teams Unit
I know it doesn't seem as important as offense and defense but we all know special teams can win and lose games too. In 2020 the Bengals had one of the best Special Teams Units in the NFL and it seems the Bengals want to keep them together Re-Signing Brandon Wilson, Tony Brown, Samaje Perine, Mike Thomas, and of course Clark Harris.

Wilson, Perine, and Thomas have also all shown flashes at their respective position but the continuity of the unit on special teams will be a big asset in 2021. I do hope the Bengals add some competition at Punt Returner in the draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:07 AM)Synric Wrote: I know it doesn't seem as important as offense and defense but we all know special teams can win and lose games too. In 2020 the Bengals had one of the best Special Teams Units in the NFL and it seems the Bengals want to keep them together Re-Signing Brandon Wilson, Tony Brown, Samaje Perine, Mike Thomas, and of course Clark Harris.

Wilson, Perine, and Thomas have also all shown flashes at their respective position but the continuity of the unit on special teams will be a big asset in 2021. I do hope the Bengals add some competition at Punt Returner in the draft.

I wrote that in another thread; unless Erickson is back (we'll see), I am 100% gut feeling that they'll draft the new PR.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread is why it was a pretty good move to bring Thomas back. We did have a very good ST unit and he was a big contributor to it.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:25 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wrote that in another thread; unless Erickson is back (we'll see), I am 100% gut feeling that they'll draft the new PR.

Erickson just signed with Houston. Bullock signed with Detroit. This should appease most fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:55 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This thread is why it was a pretty good move to bring Thomas back. We did have a very good ST unit and he was a big contributor to it.

?

He played just 15% of the ST snaps last year and made just 1 tackle.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote