Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specifics on Post-June 1 Cut
I know there's been talk about using the Post-June 1 cut option for players like Atkins.
Field Yates posted on Twitter yesterday about exactly how it works.

So basically, if the Bengals chose to use this for Atkins, Atkins could go sign with another team, but the Bengals would not be able to use the freed up cap space until June 2. Also, the Bengals would not have been permitted to release Atkins with Post-June 1 designation until today, the official start to the league year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea, the post-June 1 gets thrown around as an option a lot but its real use is providing cap for training camp cuts/injuries/extensions/etc not so much FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, the post-June 1 gets thrown around as an option a lot but its real use is providing cap for training camp cuts/injuries/extensions/etc not so much FA.

I suppose if you were originally planning to reserve 10 million for injury signings/etc., now you don't have to reserve that money if you know you would be getting it after June 2nd. I dunno if the Bengals FO thinks about it that way though. I suspect they just want to keep Geno through the end of his contract even if it means that some of the years we overpay him for what he has left. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote