Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speculation that Dolegala should get a chance to start.
I was hoping when Tomlin benched his QB and went with the 3rd stringer, Taylor might do the same. It's pretty evident Finley does not have the arm to play in this league. When his passes make it to the receiver, they are so lacking in velocity, they are easily picked or knocked down. We know what Dalton is, and this season is shot, so we might as well look at Jake.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Finely has had 3 starts, the last two against completely beatable teams.  The NFL game looks like it is much too big, too fast, and too hard hitting for him.

Is it time to give the cannon-armed Jake Dolegala a shot?  At this point, what could it hurt?

Sure, why not?  Or even better, throw Mike Brown in there.  He used to play quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe that, and a lack of general physical strength.  He's lost 3 fumbles in 3 games, to go along with his 2 underthrown interceptions.  

Still, I applaud the Bengals for at least giving him a shot.  Andy, the 9th year veteran, had 8 chances to pull out a win, and he couldn't do it.  It was well past time to take a good look at what was on the bench, to see if there was anything there worth developing.  We've taken a good look at Finley, now I'd like to at least see Dolegala get some live action.  Even if it's just in mop-up duty.  

Dalton is not a 40+ attempt passer that produces wins in games. Give him around 25-30 reps and he can win games. But that requires the team to run the ball. 

You know what Dalton didn't have in his 8 starts a running game. Yet, Finley has had a running game and he isn't even hitting 50% completion rate. He is just awful out there. 

At this point I would give Finely one more start. Than go to Dolegala. 

I hope the Bengals wake up realize the issue isn't the players but the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:04 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Dalton is not a 40+ attempt passer that produces wins in games. Give him around 25-30 reps and he can win games. But that requires the team to run the ball. 

You know what Dalton didn't have in his 8 starts a running game. Yet, Finley has had a running game and he isn't even hitting 50% completion rate. He is just awful out there. 

At this point I would give Finely one more start. Than go to Dolegala. 

I hope the Bengals wake up realize the issue isn't the players but the coaches.

Yes - I've mentioned that too.

It's like they set Dalton up to fail.

You know...IF we win 1 game against the Dolphins...it might be viewed as a sign that the ship is righted by management.
Reply/Quote
Finely has the weakest arm I've ever seen. We should let Dolegala have a chance.
Reply/Quote
If Dolegala can complete just 50% of his passes he will be head and shoulders better than what we have had out there the last few games
Reply/Quote
Everyone has to remember that Dolegala has had zero reps with the first team.

With Finley they waited until they could give him two weeks of practice with the first team before they started him. Dolergalal would be even less polished than Finley.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone has to remember that Dolegala has had zero reps with the first team.

With Finley they waited until they could give him two weeks of practice with the first team before they started him.  Dolergalal would be even less polished than Finley.

lot of good that did
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone has to remember that Dolegala has had zero reps with the first team.

With Finley they waited until they could give him two weeks of practice with the first team before they started him.  Dolergalal would be even less polished than Finley.

We have a first team ? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Who do they make inactive? Dalton or Finely? Or do they have three active on gameday?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote